Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Whose grave is this at the SW cemetery?

So I was hanging out at the graveyard today with the goth kids and noticed this fancy tomb with a guard posted in front of it.
    The tomb sports the symbol of Lordaeron, yet doesn't give any indication to who is buried there.

Could it be Arthas?
    Could it be Lianne Menethil?
    Could it be a sad clown on a tricycle?

Who the fuck knows. I personally like to believe that it's Arthas. Reason being: burying him in the heart of the Alliance territories prevents him being resurrected by Sylvanas. Also, leaving the tombstone unmarked is a nice way of preventing an uproar among the citizens.

Would love to hear who you think is buried here, and why.

Deleted
    Anduin's Mother?

Considering that grave has been there since long before we killed the lich king I doubt it's arthas

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HavocPrime View Post
    Anduin's Mother?
    Nah, she has a grave stone with a plaque somewhere around there, possibly to the right LEFT of the main tomb in the first pic.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2013-07-01 at 01:34 AM. Reason: Left and right R hard

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't that supposed to be Bolvar's tomb?

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it Bill Cosby?
    Here come the Irish.

Pretty sure it's Bolvar's

Bolvar isn't dead? And why would Bolvar have a Lorderon L on it?

*edit* I know Varian was told Bolvar is dead, had a brain fart when i posted

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Its a nameless tomb for all those in lordaeron who died to the plague/northern wars. A memorial like the tomb of the forgotten soldier.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarix View Post
    Considering that grave has been there since long before we killed the lich king I doubt it's arthas
    Wasn't the Stormwind Cemetery only added in with its revamp in Cataclysm?

Could be Arthas Menethil's, King Llane Wrynn's, or Bolvar Fordragon's (though I don't know why it'd have a Lordaeron symbol on it in the latter two cases). Or it could just be a random tomb.

Old Blanchy. the Lordaeron crest is because that is where she was born (See: CoT- Escape from Durnholde).

But if i had to give it a serious guess, i'd probably say it's either for Bolvar (since everyone is supposed to believe he died), or a memorial for those that have gone missing, like Lothar.

10+ Year Old Account
    The fact that there isn't any words on such an important-looking grave site (fully equipped with a guard) seems strange to me, hence my Arthas theory.

Mankrik's wife.
    OT: I'm not quite sure..If not Arthas it might be a monument for a collection of lost souls or even for the Lordaron Kingdom, overall could be unmarked just so we can make our own assumptions.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

10+ Year Old Account
    There are several graves in that cemetery that seem to be more decorated and stand out than the rest. I wish they had plaques as well but only Tiffin Wrynn has one right now.... I'm prety sure your picture isn't a grave though, it is a memorial to all those that died in Lordaeron.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Splatter View Post
    Its a nameless tomb for all those in lordaeron who died to the plague/northern wars. A memorial like the tomb of the forgotten soldier.
    How nice of Stormwind to make a memorial to the Forsaken.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Wasn't the Stormwind Cemetery only added in with its revamp in Cataclysm?
    I guess it was. My mistake

Pretty sure it's Arthas' unmarked grave, as a monument to him being a hero and keeping the scourge held back even when he was the Lich King.

I thought Arthas's corpse got taken away by his father's spirit or the spirits of the afterlife? I would think Bolvar would be the safe bet since they do think he is dead.
    World of Warcraft: Level 60 Blood Elf Holy Paladin

10+ Year Old Account
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Quote Originally Posted by Spellbraker View Post
    I thought Arthas's corpse got taken away by his father's spirit or the spirits of the afterlife? I would think Bolvar would be the safe bet since they do think he is dead.
    A memorial doesn't have to have a corpse in it.
    Bolvar doesn't have any association with Lordaeron, there'd be no reason to put the crest on his tomb, OR to leave his tomb unmarked when he's considered a hero of the Alliance.