Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Broken as.. Yeah.

So when is blizz fixing priests in PvP?
    Disc is fotm, Shadow is just too stupid to be true and holy is (Mana based) just not viable.
    The class is broken, and stupid.

/discuss

*NOTE THIS IS NOT A FLAME THREAT.

they should just rename the priest class to discipline. shadow and holy are both pretty terrible - they're like worse mobility and scaling versions of warlock and mistweaver.

shadow is particularly bad for next tier, but the devs have said nothing about it. people don't realize how bad it's going to be once we stop scaling with haste - plus our set bonuses are complete shit.

whereas on the flip side, discipline is still extremely strong and brings unique benefits in terms of absorbs and free dps - only rational that it's also getting ~30% throughput buffs from set bonuses and trinkets next tier, eh?

Ye.. Ok... Sooo..

Your opinion on PvP is so relevant.

*NOTE THIS IS NOT A FLAME POST.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    Ye.. Ok... Sooo..

as much as I hate the way he posted, you're using fallacies to attack his argument, and a fallacy is a fallacy.

Doesn't matter if his personal ratings aren't good, that doesn't mean the class is working properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    you're using fallacies to attack his argument, and a fallacy is a fallacy..
    Fallacyception

So, you're going to, for a single patch, be in the same place hunters have been since WotLK? Except you'll still have one dominant spec, so that's something. Just work twice as hard as the warlocks and mages and you'll be able to be middle of the pack. Your guild's hunters can give you some pointers on how to do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shadow, Disc and Holy are all viable in PVP. Holy is amazing in RBGs, Shadow is awesome in 3s and Disc is top dog in 2s.

10+ Year Old Account
    from some quick looking up i count 20 shadow priest on the top 35 3s teams in the world. 20 out of 35 doesn't seem like they're bad although this database only has 34m ppl entered in it.

Disc is more like flavour of the eternity.

Would be nice if Holy was more viable in PVP, but the kit of Disc is just much better suited to it. Absorbs and low-mana instants.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgosh View Post
    So, you're going to, for a single patch, be in the same place hunters have been since WotLK? Except you'll still have one dominant spec, so that's something. Just work twice as hard as the warlocks and mages and you'll be able to be middle of the pack. Your guild's hunters can give you some pointers on how to do that.
    Hunters were good in wotlk. Hunter priest/hunter druid was insanely good. Then when they made 2v2 not worth a shit PHD was really good and ATC. In cataclysm s9 KFC was absolutely disgusting then it was thug cleave. Hunters have never been bad, you just couldn't roll your face on the keyboard as a hunter like you can now.

Deleted
    Priest (Disc) is only broken in 2s.
    Shadow/Disc/Holy are all fine in 3s. If anything the only way people could see Disc as "OP" is because most Disc will run ret/hunter as they are the best healer for that comp due to shells at the start so the ret/hunter just roll in and stomp the other team.
    But people should have noticed by now, that every patch there is a Hunter/Healer/X that does this. Kfc > Thug > Ret/Hunter.
    Holy is quite good at healing wizard teams.
    Spriest is still very viable, but spriest is one of the "harder" casters to play. Spriest + ele/mage/feral/warrior/monk are all good, more so with a Resto Druid healer (the real "broken" healer).
    Last edited by mmoc880bad14d2; 2013-07-02 at 01:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dawawe View Post
    from some quick looking up i count 20 shadow priest on the top 35 3s teams in the world. 20 out of 35 doesn't seem like they're bad although this database only has 34m ppl entered in it.
    You do realize all these ratings were obtained prio to MD/Swap nerfs, and all those top shadow priests are just camping glad, right? There'll hardly be any of us in the next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Divisible View Post
    Hunters have never been bad, you just couldn't roll your face on the keyboard as a hunter like you can now.
    Wrong, Hunters were absurdly bad in Burning Crusade. That being said, they've been fine since Wrath.

And from what I've seen all 3 Priest specs are viable at the moment in 3s. Disc is obviously crazy good, but Holy is viable as well, saw one playing at 2100+ the other day actually. And Shadow is still good in certain situations, Shadow/Feral/X is good for example.

Deleted
    Sry to ask but why is Disc so op atm?
    Last season Disc was maybe a worst healer and how did they buff us? Made few glyphs baseline and ss cant be dispelled? Is that all?
    I guess im missing few buffs because nobody complained Disc last season exept maybe few priest with terrible manaregen. And now Disc is op?

Deleted
    Ye.. Ok... Sooo..

Quite hilarious how you take all that time to look up my armory, then flame me when you don't even know who I am.
    Maybe I've gotten multiple accounts, or maybe don't care anymore.
    But like the elitist you are, you just go after numbers that are currently up.
    /clap.
    /clap.

Ye.. Ok... Sooo..

No, it's a bullshit post. Having a high arena rating isn't a requirement for having an opinion or understanding of a class.

I haven't PvP'd since WotLK but even after a short period playing I can tell priests aren't in a great place. Disc is viable as a healer, but we're more vulnerable to CC with fewer CC tools and escapes of our own than ever.

What on earth have Blizzard done with CC? It is so overpowered now, you can literally be CC'd endlessly, dispels on long CDs is terrible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delion View Post
    Quite hilarious how you take all that time to look up my armory, then flame me when you don't even know who I am.
    Maybe I've gotten multiple accounts, or maybe don't care anymore.
    But like the elitist you are, you just go after numbers that are currently up.
    /clap.
    /clap.
    Yea, I'm also a multigladiator and a top 10 world raider. On my other account, that is. So yea, please do take my opinion as gospel.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    Yea, I'm also a multigladiator and a top 10 world raider. On my other account, that is. So yea, please do take my opinion as gospel.
    /clap for your arrogance and ignorance.
    You're probs a try hard kid, Although I don't want to turn this into a flaming threat, you got to calm your tits.
    I have achieved multiple gladiator statuses, and rank 1 once.
    Please go back to arena junkies if you want to elitist.

Deleted
    Myeh, Disc is quite strong in 2s atm, but it is quite fine tuned in 3s (Just hunters that makes everything too good atm) Holy is also viable with the right comps in both 2s and 3s. Can't talk for shadow