Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kulestu View Post
    You could always just change one of them around when an expansion hits. They're similar as hell already, right, so why not just break the mold and completely re-do one of them?
    All 3 need a revamp to make them distinct. If they could do it with warlocks they can do it with every other pure. There's no need to go and add an entirely new spec instead.

If, on the other hand, you're saying that they should change something like combat to a ranged spec...maybe, it WOULD make it exceptionally distinct though I still can't see it matching up with the rogue archetype.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

How the hell are two-handers more rogue-y than ranged weapons?

Quote Originally Posted by Lynneiah View Post
    How the hell are two-handers more rogue-y than ranged weapons?
    Well, i don't see a problem in making a spec use a two-hander - but they would need to make additional weapons only for us which is bad; anyway there are monks already that cover the 2hand agility concept (only staffs/polearm but whatever).
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Well, i don't see a problem in making a spec use a two-hander - but they would need to make additional weapons only for us which is bad; anyway there are monks already that cover the 2hand agility concept (only staffs/polearm but whatever).
    I can see it working with some weapons, like katanas or quarterstaffs, but a rogue wielding a giant waraxe just feels... off. Unless you want to make a barbarian-type spec, which I feel falls more under the Warrior's domain than that Rogue's.
    And adding a ranged spec fixes the problem of ranged weapons being exclusively for one class (hunters), rather than adding more itemization problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynneiah View Post
    I can see it working with some weapons, like katanas or quarterstaffs, but a rogue wielding a giant waraxe just feels... off. Unless you want to make a barbarian-type spec, which I feel falls more under the Warrior's domain than that Rogue's.
    And adding a ranged spec fixes the problem of ranged weapons being exclusively for one class (hunters), rather than adding more itemization problems.
    I was thinking about staffs - polearms - swords exclusively. But also you can see it's a role already taken by monks. I like to be the only dagger type class tbh.

If they ever make a ranged rogue spec, i'd like to keep my dagger and don't use a bow - i don't want to be a pet-less hunter.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I was thinking about staffs - polearms - swords exclusively. But also you can see it's a role already taken by monks. I like to be the only dagger type class tbh.

If they ever make a ranged rogue spec, i'd like to keep my dagger and don't use a bow - i don't want to be a pet-less hunter.
    Well, one ranged spec would still mean two melee specs. Even if they added ranged for Rogues, I doubt they'd make it an exclusively ranged spec.
    And I never got the 'pet-less Hunter'. To me, the pet is what defines the Hunter, more than its use of ranged weapons. Give a Hunter a pair of axes, and he'd still be a Hunter to me. It's why the class never appealed to me, no matter how much I like shooting guns.

I have a ton of fun i bg's with shuriken toss and deadly throw. I am not a good pvp'er, but now I actually have a chance against hunters. Killed quite a few of them to be honest.

I run as sub. First I go in and get the bleeds up, then I run 10 meters away. That is for interrupts. Warriors I leave alone as much as possible.

What would be fun was to have an aoe shuriken toss. I have to get into melee for Sanguary Veins, and would liked to have been able to apply that from range too.

One thing I noticed was that relentless strikes do not give 25 energy back when using deadly throw on bosses.

An ability called shrapnel which gave the bleed could give SV.

I would absolutely love a ranged rogue spec. I love my hunter and rogue the most, and combining the two would be totally awesome.
    be aware, be awake, and you won't be fake