1. #1
    Bloodsail Admiral Xarganthos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Vienna, Austria
    Posts
    1,102

    Legendary Cloak - Resto Shaman

    which one should i pick? i dont have mana issues currently but i probably HAVE to choose the spirit one because of the legendary augmention :/

  2. #2
    That will probably be the case sadly. And i heard u get the legendary cloak pretty early in 5.4

  3. #3
    Herald of the Titans Seriss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    EU-Garrosh
    Posts
    2,828
    I'll risk it (whenever I finally finish this godforsaken questline on my main - as my alt will loot her last stone whenever I decide to waltz into LFR this week). I'll grab the dps cloak and will hope that, for the augmentation, you only need a cloak of virtue, regardless of which specific one it is, so you can just slap that enchant on whichever cloak you have.

    If the proc depends on the base cloak you got, I'll bite the bullet and dish out 7k to swap out that cloak, but for now, I have made up my mind and will go with the dps cloak for my resto shamy ^^

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriss View Post
    I'll risk it (whenever I finally finish this godforsaken questline on my main - as my alt will loot her last stone whenever I decide to waltz into LFR this week). I'll grab the dps cloak and will hope that, for the augmentation, you only need a cloak of virtue, regardless of which specific one it is, so you can just slap that enchant on whichever cloak you have.

    If the proc depends on the base cloak you got, I'll bite the bullet and dish out 7k to swap out that cloak, but for now, I have made up my mind and will go with the dps cloak for my resto shamy ^^
    jup!! went with the dps cloak aswell but i think the "healing proc" on legendary will only be on the spirit cloak :/ so guess wie gotta dish out the 7k ^^

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    That will probably be the case sadly. And i heard u get the legendary cloak pretty early in 5.4
    Or they are just making it easier to get for testing purposes.

    Seriously about the cloaks though, they both give mastery. Beyond haste breakpoints, Crit is the stat you begin to stack once you've gotten tired of ending fights at 100% mana. So it is hard to go wrong. Except the crit one provides more dps when you go ele.

  6. #6
    In choosing between the Spirit and non-Spirit cloak, you are essentially choosing between 991 Spirit and 991 Crit - everything else is identical. I still don't see a situation where Spirit > Crit on a 1:1 basis, so I don't see any reason to take the non-Spirit cloak, even without the legendary proc next patch taken into account.

  7. #7
    Yeah to add to Tib's analysis. Most likely you'll reforge the Mastery to either Spirit or Crit, whatever stat you didn't pick. So it is really 600 spirit vs 600 crit.
    That reminds me, I was going need to fix that b4 raiding this week...

    So yeah, if you are going max spirit go spirit. If you are going with an "spirit soft cap" approach you can go either because you can gem/reforge around it. If you are going max crit, go crit.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by tibbee View Post
    I still don't see a situation where Spirit > Crit on a 1:1 basis, so I don't see any reason to take the non-Spirit cloak, even without the legendary proc next patch taken into account.
    did you say that right? i think you contradicted yourself.

  9. #9
    Herald of the Titans Seriss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    EU-Garrosh
    Posts
    2,828
    Ok, having just read the news on the legendary augmentation of the cloak, it seems that we'll have to settle for the spirit cloak if we want the healer proc.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by marklar View Post
    did you say that right? i think you contradicted yourself.
    Yeah I should have said "I don't see a situation where Crit > Spirit on a 1:1 basis"

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriss View Post
    Ok, having just read the news on the legendary augmentation of the cloak, it seems that we'll have to settle for the spirit cloak if we want the healer proc.
    Well I'm pretty sure I read a few days ago that they will allow you to actually buy another cloak. If they keep the proc tied to which cloak you have, however, ya, we will be forced into the spirit one. I really don't like this. Currently, with my healing comp, I'm pretty much avoiding spirit like it's the plague. I really hope they allow us to pick an item that imbues the cloak with our chosen proc.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by tibbee View Post
    Yeah I should have said "I don't see a situation where Crit > Spirit on a 1:1 basis"
    I'd counter for 10 mans it's a toss up. Personally, I like crit more than spirit because I don't have to constantly keep dropping healing rains.
    ~10k spirit is my threshold with the LMG. 25 man raider would likely prefer the spirit cloak.

    Beyond that, go with aesthetics. Jadefire > Cranewing

  13. #13
    The Patient pouca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Paris (France)
    Posts
    242
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarganthos View Post
    which one should i pick? i dont have mana issues currently but i probably HAVE to choose the spirit one because of the legendary augmention :/
    You will also probably be changing some pieces with the new tier, choose pieces with less spirit ! I would focus on intelligence if I were you,

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    That will probably be the case sadly. And i heard u get the legendary cloak pretty early in 5.4
    Sadly the augment with the 3% of missing life is sick, I for one am looking forward to abusing this with healing rain and new conductivity

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by themaster24 View Post
    I'm pretty much avoiding spirit like it's the plague. I really hope they allow us to pick an item that imbues the cloak with our chosen proc.
    I dont think that will happen, They made the procs role specific and ties them to the cloak they believe best suits that role. i.e healer cloak

  15. #15
    Pretty much every healer would have preferred the cloak without spirit by now.

    But it is like it is, and even if your second-best secondary stat would have a stat value of 50% of crit, with reforging you would lose less than the stat value of 200 crit rating. And in reality you can expect the difference of stat values between the secondary stats to be in the range of 70-90%.

  16. #16
    Seeing as you can do any of the Celestial trials and choose any cloak you want, I am sure when you turn in for the 'legendary' cloak you can just pick whichever one you want. Grab the DPS cloak now but when you turn in the later quest, pick the healer proc one. Easy Peazy

  17. #17
    Grunt Jenstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Eventide steps
    Posts
    15
    I picked up the spirit one, and once I saw the legendary cloaks I was happy I did. If/when they make them so they aren't unique, I will pick up the non-spirit one as well. Shamans still use a lot of spirit, especially if they are a mana battery for raid. And there are a lot of non-spirit mail int pieces this tier you can pick up if you want to reduce the amount of spirit you are running and/or gems that can be swapped.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •