Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Then have him actually display such opinions raher than bluntly blaming everybody even though it blatantly wasn't both that crossed the line.
    But both harmed the land and unleashed the sha, the horde crossed line with the vale, but both ravage the land strip mining, stealing advanced mogu weaponry etc. he has no reason to like either faction, his dislike of Horde and Alliance is reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    He's justified in his cynicism, but even then I don't appreciate his constant bitching, especially since we have dealt with all their domestic problems where they themselves weren't able. Still, his death is not necessary, I enjoy just to see him suffer. We won't remain on his precious continent for long, anyway.
    Well we unleashed them, we were basically cleaning up the mess we caused and while we cleaned up we caused some more mayhem.

10+ Year Old Account
    No way. I love Taran Zhu.
    At least one character with a brain.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KorbenDallasMultipass View Post
    Just the worst type of character I've ever seen in Warcraft, I can't stand this bastard.
    let me guess you're Horde?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KorbenDallasMultipass View Post
    How are we stupid? We saved THE WORLD.
    The alliance and the horde invaded pandaria, bringing war to their lands. We might've saved the world before, but we basically disturbed everything on pandaria lol

Deleted
    In the long run the alliance / horde troops were a great thing for the pandren.

Mining / lumbering in exchange to basically vanquish all their ancient enemies who they had failed to deal with for ages (Shas, Mogu, Mantid) isn't a bad trade. Those enemies would have been back with or without the horde / alliance finding pandaria. Arguably it would have taken (alot) longer in some cases but still. Then pandaria would ahve been lost comepletely.

Personally I don't hope he dies but his stuck up attitude (especially for someone who easily got controlled by a sha himself) is getting annoying so I'm looking forward to not having to deal with him anymore.

I feel like the "Both sides strip mined Krasarang" is a useless argument. Nobody cares about this part, and its never really brought up except by the Horde and Alliance in stopping their enemy.

The only reason the Horde get in trouble for doing it in the Vale is because it is the Vale.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    I feel like the "Both sides strip mined Krasarang" is a useless argument. Nobody cares about this part, and its never really brought up except by the Horde and Alliance in stopping their enemy.

The only reason the Horde get in trouble for doing it in the Vale is because it is the Vale.
    Who talks about Karsarang, the valley of the four winds, there is a whole battleground depicted to it, you know the deepwind gorge.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Who talks about Karsarang, the valley of the four winds, there is a whole battleground depicted to it, you know the deepwind gorge.
    And nobody mentions it in the lore, so repeating it is kind of worthless in this argument.

Again, the vale is important in its mining out because it is the vale.

And nobody mentions it in the lore, so repeating it is kind of worthless in this argument.

Again, the vale is important in its mining out because it is the vale.
    Yes of course the vale is the reason the horde was being thrown out, but to dismiss that pandaria was being stripmined somewhere else by both factions is not true. Goblin expeditions for example are mining elsewhere as well only because it isn't shown ingame does not mean it doesn't happen for example. The battle for alterac was very real and so is the battle for resources in the deepwind gorge. It shows that both faction take resources from Pandaria, though the Alliance has the decency to accept that the vale is holy for the Pandaren and accepts that, while Garrosh and his followers couldn't care less.

Where did I say its not happening elsewhere? I mentioned Krasarang since before you decided to mention elsewhere, that is the other place most people were talking about.

These instances of resource gathering are not mentioned in the lore in a "Zomg I can't believe they're doing that!" way.

Until it is, that and what happened in the Vale are two distinctly different events.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2013-07-02 at 05:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok so while I still hold the position I did before with the 5.4 stuff I've begun to like Zhu even more than I did before, and I liked him a lot before and have softened a bit imo of the 5.4 stuff.
    Oddly it came about when i was rewatching Star Trek . More specially the episode The Masterpiece Society.
    Maybe it it clicked with me better than WoW did but the situation is much the same in episode as it is in MoP. Ofcourse rather than an asteroid you have the Horde.

Kinda made me appreciate how Zhu see's us more.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2013-07-05 at 12:44 PM.

Where did I say its not happening elsewhere? I mentioned Krasarang since before you decided to mention elsewhere, that is the other place most people were talking about.

These instances of resource gathering are not mentioned in the lore in a "Zomg I can't believe they're doing that!" way.

Until it is, that and what happened in the Vale are two distinctly different events.
    Yeah. The Vale's not just some random place in Pandaria. It is highly sacred to the Pandaren. There's a reason it's normally closed off and a chosen few are trusted as its protectors. It's a special place for Pandaria both culturally and for practical purposes (their society depends on the waters from it to feed the continent) and it's a much bigger deal for the Pandaren that it was desecrated than it is that the goblins are harvesting oil or the alliance opened a stone quarry or both factions are fighting for some gold in a canyon.

10+ Year Old Account
    People dislike Taran because he's an NPC that has balls. Every other NPC kneels before the player and does whatever the player wants to do.

I really enjoy Zhu's character. He doesn't put up with Alliance or Horde BS, and looks out for the best interests of his people.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    People dislike Taran because he's an NPC that has balls. Every other NPC kneels before the player and does whatever the player wants to do.
    Have you been playing the same "World of warcraft" as me? the vast majority of NPCs still send us on stupid errands (Gather some porkbutts and taters for dinner, the glamour of an adventurer's life...), and send us on our way once we did their chores so we can do some similarly dippy nonsense for another guy, the only NPCs that look up to us are some token guards in Dalaran and some BC daily areas that are there specifically for that purpose...

Let's see how pandaria would've turned out if the alliance hadn't decided to fight back, Mr. 'Zhu.

Hating the alliance and horde for unleashing the sha is fucking stupid. They were just sitting on a landmine. Hiding the danger and pretending it wasn't there because "Oh the scenery is so nice around the landmine and the vegetables grow bigger around the landmine". The alliance and horde drew it out and are killing it, not to mention shit stomping on the mantid and the yaungol that have been pressuring them for millennia. I'm pretty sure Zhu should have gotten over hating us because of the sha seeing as now as of 5.4 we have killed all 7 sha. They didn't even know there were 7 damn sha. We conquered not only our negative emotions in the sha but all of theirs that had been bottled up for over 10,000 years. Yeah it's sad the scenery is in the vale is ruined, and the vegetables in the valley won't be fucking enormous anymore, but now that we've pulled the heart out of the problem they will never have to worry about the sha again.

So in short, Pandaria's going through rough times now, but we've taken care of the mantid, we've taken care of the yaungol, we've ended the sha, we destroyed the thunder king, we are going to finish off the old god they didn't even know they were sleeping on top of. Kind of short sighted Zhu? You hate Garrosh now? So do we, why don't we kill him for you too?

He is pretty obnoxious, threatening to 'order the Shado pan to purge the horde from the vale', why the heck didn't he order them to kill the Thunder King? Oh yeah, because they spent the entire expansion being useless, and Taran'zhu is the most useless of all for allowing himself to become corrupted by the Sha when he is supposed to be in charge.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wazooty View Post
    Let's see how pandaria would've turned out if the alliance hadn't decided to fight back, Mr. 'Zhu.
    It's damned if you do and more damned if you don't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    He is pretty obnoxious, threatening to 'order the Shado pan to purge the horde from the vale', why the heck didn't he order them to kill the Thunder King?
    Your first point is rather petty. Ofcourse he would want the Horde purged from the Vale for desecrating it. We've been told that the shrines are not fortresses and for the most part are filled refugees. Also the Golden Lotus are sworn to protect the Vale so it wouldn't just be the Shado Pan. It doesn't make him obnoxious because he claims he will defend his land.
    As to your second point. No they couldn't take down the Thunder King by themselves. He's a being of immense power locked up in a fortress guarded a possibly unlimited number of guardians due to their stone shaping magic and the Zandalari aid.

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Oh yeah, because they spent the entire expansion being useless, and Taran'zhu is the most useless of all for allowing himself to become corrupted by the Sha when he is supposed to be in charge.
    They were against forces they had never been trained to deal with. The Shado Pan had to deal with the Yaungol, the Sha that we had manifested of which they had not been trained to deal with the greater Sha who according to Cho were only thought of as legend, Sha corrupted Mantid and finally the Mogu and Zanadalari backed by the powers of the Thunder King.

At the same time.

It's no wonder there were cracks in their defences we had to fill.

10+ Year Old Account
    So part of what I glanced over the thread is: People are mad because Taran doesn't buy our bullshit, got it.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Him and Taoshi (sp?) are pretty much my favorite characters this expansion. :/