Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    LFR Hero reporting in: My dps went up Significantly when I went from a 463 weapon to the staff from Lei Shi. It also went up significantly when I hit the so-called haste breakpoint for SW:P. You will see a few milestone increases, but nothing that's going to take you straight to 100k. Get yourself into ToT and farm Shado-Pan Assault too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    learning how to not clip the first tick can easily amount to a decent dps increase. Specially when hes doing less dps than people did on ultraxion last expansion.
    Don't you think there are more fundamental flaws than clipping Mind Flay if he is doing less DPS than people did on Ultraxion last expansion?
    Last edited by mmoc9f3c8526e6; 2013-07-03 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Annarion View Post
    LFR Hero reporting in: My dps went up Significantly when I went from a 463 weapon to the staff from Lei Shi. It also went up significantly when I hit the so-called haste breakpoint for SW:P. You will see a few milestone increases, but nothing that's going to take you straight to 100k. Get yourself into ToT and farm Shado-Pan Assault too.

This.

I had a 463 weapon and couldn't break the 8100 breakpoint for a while - as soon as I got a 502 weapon + breakpoint, my DPS went up by about 30k.

Shadow is absolutely reliant on that breakpoint, and a weapon too for SP.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    Don't you think there are more fundamental flaws than clipping Mind Flay if he is doing less DPS than people did on Ultraxion last expansion?
    yes....which is why i said more than just clipping mf....hello....

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

What's with the comparison to last expansion's finals tier? He does great dps for molten core, that's not relevant to what he asked.

Considering player experience, that no armory or log was posted, clipping and the like, I'm terms of complexity aren't the step to start with. His ilevel is inflated via lower budget pieces. Shadow dps doesn't have a 'John madden' crazy rotation or something to spend time perfecting.

To start, make sure you have proper dot-tracking and buff tracking add ons. From there, get yourself a few drops and run some tot lfr. I'm sure someone would kindly run a log and provide you with the information. It sounds like the basics are essentially there, but confirmation would be nice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    yes....which is why i said more than just clipping mf....hello....
    Why are you talking to me as if I'm dumb? Read your damn own posts.

Actual gemming/reforging for a newer player won't really do much at all. But learning how to clip mf and how to MB on cd will.
    This implies that clipping MF is one of the major problems to his low DPS along with MB on CD. MF clipping means shit if you aren't even pulling 50k DPS. Clipping Mind Flay doesn't mean anything if you aren't even keeping MB on CD or keeping dots up because you won't even know you need to refresh the dots to even clip MF with it.

learning how to not clip the first tick can easily amount to a decent dps increase. Specially when hes doing less dps than people did on ultraxion last expansion.
    I want to highlight "specially" here, which would imply that clipping MF properly would lead to a decent DPS increase, especially for a guy that can't pull Ultraxion DPS. Do you truly believe that? I said there are more fundamental flaws than MF clipping. You said MF Clipping and MB on CD are the fundamental flaws. There is a difference between those two statements.

If I misunderstood those two posts somehow, feel free to enlighten me because then I clearly don't understand English.
    Last edited by mmoc9f3c8526e6; 2013-07-03 at 07:10 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrantWave View Post

Shadow is absolutely reliant on that breakpoint.
    I respectfully disagree. The dps gain from the breakpoint is minimal. Your dots and Mind Blast / Shadow Orbs do most of your dps and hitting breakpoints does not increase the damage from either of these. The huge boost in DPS you saw could've been from replacing a terrible weapon with a decent one at the same time (gaining a shit load of spell power), but again you'd only see this increase if you knew how to play which I guess you do, but the OP perhaps needs to look to this before relying on gear for a dps boost (not saying the OP doesn't know how to play Shadow, but it is the first thing to check).

Although, it's kinda moot at this point since I think the thread has kinda derailed and the argument about breakpoints has been done to death already
    Last edited by mmocc2eb32b347; 2013-07-04 at 09:52 AM.

I've got a question, if you apply DP, and then channel MF:I, and MB comes off cd during the MF:I channels, is it better to stop and cast MB or continue channeling MF:I?

If you can get off another full MF:I, yes. If not, finish your current MF:I and then use MB.

Gear makes a huge difference in dps, the remainder can be fine tuned. The scaling with a fresh 90 is horrible.
    Last edited by Hooked; 2013-07-05 at 09:24 PM.