Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

why are lfr and flex raid such a big deal

why are lfr and flex raid such a big deal ..was just on youtube for a few hours looking up new info about SoO and boss fights and almost every video i watched was people talking about how lfr was the worst thing ever to come to wow and its just not fair that they can do legendary quest's when they dont even raid normal or how flex raid is just a redo of lfr and blizzard shouldnt be catering to the "casual" players of wow.....i mean if ur raiding 10 and 25 man why do you care that the little guy who cant get a raid grp or has no time to be a raider can complete a legendary quest itl take him 4x longer then you to get whatever done or how blizzard is giving people epics well dam i bet you wouldnt complain if that was you trying to gear up and flex raid they might have said "friends and family" but what all i hear is comming from people is Family. Its for both and casuals and people who cant get any further on bosses does nothing but help people in fact ...maybe its just that 1% of hardcore raiders that feel like if they dont put in 40 + hours a week into a "GAME!!!!!" that they shouldnt gear gear and rewards not like your competing for worlds first with some guy in full lfr gear lol ...................whats the big deal with it

10+ Year Old Account
    You should probably search for one of the already existing threads on this topic.

Deleted
    Oh look, a new account and it's first post is creating an LFR thread. This should go down well.
    If you seriously want to know why it's such a big deal do a search and read one of the countless threads already talking about this subject.

lost my info to my last account 2 years ago and wanted to make a new one

Deleted
    I dont think the problem people is having is that people want to be special snowflakes.

The problem is rather that LFR is destroying the community and encouraging people to play like shit.

The problem with the legendary chain I do not think is about LFR/Flex/Normal, rather the design of the chain itself being just horrible. That said, personally I would prefer not being able to get legendary parts from the chain since it is annoying having to queue to LFR if you sat out on a boss in the normal raid. But that is just me being egotistical.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    I dont think the problem people is having is that people want to be special snowflakes.

The problem is rather that LFR is destroying the community and encouraging people to play like shit.

The problem with the legendary chain I do not think is about LFR/Flex/Normal, rather the design of the chain itself being just horrible. That said, personally I would prefer not being able to get legendary parts from the chain since it is annoying having to queue to LFR if you sat out on a boss in the normal raid. But that is just me being egotistical.
    But how can it possibly destroy the community? If the majority of the community chooses to partake in it, rather than old school raiding, then it stands to reason that it was what they would have rather had in the first place. I can understand raiders getting frustrated at having difficulty filling their rosters, but the fault lies with the fact that people are turned off by a lot of the baggage that goes with traditional raiding. Raiders should be trying to fix those negative stigmas, instead of blaming features that give the players what they want.

you shouldnt be able to get a legendary by afk'ing a few weeks. Which Lfr allows you to ^^ .

well im 12/12 normal and 2/13 h in tot ....i guess you could say the game has no community now but look at vanilla thru mid wrath with there was no lfd people hated that looking for hours on end to find a grp for heroics unless you had a good server or guild u had no way of getting geared enough to raid

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    But how can it possibly destroy the community?
    How indeed.

all i can see lfr and flex raid doing is making it easier to get a grp for a raid for people who cant find a raiding grp/guild or for gearing alts

This tbh..this thread is also my two cents..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post

Those people that play like shit aren't raiding normals, have no desire to raid normals and don't have the talent to do so. You're in heroic progression. You shouldn't be in LFR. If you choose to use it then let the people it's designed for have their fun.

A heroic raider going into LFR is like Pele going to an amateur/rural soccer match and scoring 23 goals. While doing so he mocks and ridicules the individual players for their lack of talent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crispy325 View Post
    well im 12/12 normal and 2/13 h in tot ....i guess you could say the game has no community now but look at vanilla thru mid wrath with there was no lfd people hated that looking for hours on end to find a grp for heroics unless you had a good server or guild u had no way of getting geared enough to raid
    Vanilla did have an LFG matchmaking tool. It just required you to go to the instance to enter the queue and was limited to your server only.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Those people that play like shit aren't raiding normals, have no desire to raid normals and don't have the talent to do so. You're in heroic progression. You shouldn't be in LFR. If you choose to use it then let the people it's designed for have their fun.

A heroic raider going into LFR is like Pele going to an amateur/rural soccer match and scoring 23 goals. While doing so he mocks and ridicules the individual players for their lack of talent.
    This. LFR has good and bad points. It probably drains from normal recruitment some people who would have made the effort to raid normals but many of the LFR players simply didn't raid at all. But whining that people can get legendaries etc in LFR is silly, juvenile bullshit. It's a game. The pretty orange pixels don't mean jack in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    This. LFR has good and bad points. It probably drains from normal recruitment some people who would have made the effort to raid normals but many of the LFR players simply didn't raid at all. But whining that people can get legendaries etc in LFR is silly, juvenile bullshit. It's a game. The pretty orange pixels don't mean jack in real life.
    Thing is, next expansion, would anyone be upset if we got legendaries for the 9 year anniversary?

Probably not.

10+ Year Old Account
    As much as this wall of text infuriates me, I read it.
    Neither of them are a big deal, people enjoy blowing shit drastically out of proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

LFR is for players that dont like to raid anymore you see every boss and can do it whenever you want.

This tier im really disappointed in heroic too and I m asking myself why raid heroic this tier. Dont get me wrong here I love ToT, and I always been raiding heroic, but this time it really doenst feel that special. The bosses dont change very much and thats kinda sad. Looking at Horridon, there is actually almost no difference from nh to hc, yeah he does that aoe think which does no dmg until last phase, and pink dinos that target range > healers> melee> tanks and are very easy and boring. One of the bosses that change alot is actually the easiest one being jinrokh.
    And thats why I get people only raiding LFR, you see the boss killing it on nh its still the same boss, mechanicly not as much dmg but still the same, and there are some people actually playing good in LFR and didnt see any boss nh. Thats what alot of people seem to forget. Most of the people that only do LFR never seen the boss before, anybody on nh messed up too.

The part about the legendary quest: Ok I have a SP friend that raids in a lowskilled just for fun raidgroup they have 5/12nh they are stuck on jikun atm.I am raiding in a 10m guild with 5/13hc currently stuck on council we dont want to go for twins durumu primordius yet even though they are alot easier and we could kill them within 1 dayI quess. i never missed a boss except 1 leishen before he had a 100% chance to drop.

The SP got his Cloak 4 weeks ago from only LFR, I got mine this week. I dont care if lfr guys get them too, but atleast some advantages for nh or hc raiders would be cool. Not saying they shouldnt get it but still.
    And I even got the LMG 1 week before him cause he was on vacation for one week.

But LFR is perfect I really like doing it with a couple of friends you have no trouble killing bosses than, always fun in vent. But I dont do it every lockout, maybe once a month on my main. But for people who dont ahve time for a organized raidgroup or not the skill they still get to see the content.

Quote Originally Posted by crispy325 View Post
    maybe its just that 1% of hardcore raiders that feel like if they dont put in 40 + hours a week into a "GAME!!!!!" that they shouldnt gear gear and rewards
    Also, who raids 40 hours a week? I play 3 evenings, 3.5 hours/night. We could probably cut an hour each night, down to 2.5, and still do pretty well each tier.

A lot of people exaggerate the time needed to do anything in this game. You can play two nights a week, do normal modes, and be successful with the right leadership. Probably the same amount of time you spend in LFR between 2+ characters.

Guarantee the experience would be 100x as memorable, and more engaging.
    Last edited by fangless; 2013-07-01 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    Also, who raids 40 hours a week? I play 3 evenings, 3.5 hours/night. We could probably cut an hour each night, down to 2.5, and still do pretty well each tier.

A lot of people exaggerate the time needed to do anything in this game. You can play two nights a week, do normal modes, and be successful with the right leadership.

Probably the same amount of time you spend in LFR between 2+ characters.
    But is playing a few nights a week, a few hours a day on normal considered "hardcore"? I don't know if you can. I think it extends more to people who play much longer and work on much tougher bosses (heroic) etc. I think so, anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    But is playing a few nights a week, a few hours a day on normal considered "hardcore"? I don't know if you can. I think it extends more to people who play much longer and work on much tougher bosses (heroic) etc. I think so, anyways.
    You can progress just fine on heroics doing 3 hrs, 3 days a week.