Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    You're overreaching there.

    I honestly don't really know why some players dislike LFR. What people say is "it's too dumbed down" or "too many derps" or "you can afk your way to a legendary." But part of that is exaggeration/bullshit and part is arguably incorrect opinion and the only true part is that it's dumbed down because that's just how it has to be.

    I don't think what people say about why they dislike LFR really reflects the actual reason they dislike LFR.

    Now, in general, I like LFR. What I don't like are rude players, but those are much scarcer in LFR these days. I think I feel like I "have to" spend too much time in it, but, eh, I know that's just me talking myself into something that I don't actually have to do. (And wouldn't miss if I didn't.)
    It is a bit of a exaggeration yes. But to imply it doesn't reflect what I actually dislike about LFR, when I proceed to go into a pretty decent explanation of what it is I don't like about it, is a tad bit silly. I do however agree with it's too dumbed down as well as the statement that you can afk to a legendary, as that is what I've been doing this whole xpac.

  2. #82
    I enjoy LFr as well. People can talk all day about how it promotes shitty gameplay and encourages players not to improve... But I can honestly say the raid-type encounter experience from LFR HAS made me a better player because I am infinitely more aware of the game environment and the foe's actions than I ever, EVER was or would have been in dungeons before LFR.
    I reckon there are other players who have also improved at least in awareness as a result.
    I can go into normal modes now and execute most mechanics well, even if I've only seen the "dumb version" of a mechanic in LFR. I couldn't have done that even a year ago because I didn't have any incentive to pay close enough attention.

    I like LFR, there's nothing wrong with it. If you want community and you want people that are all 100% there and trying, getting 10 people for a normal 10-man is not that hard if people were willing to teach someone once in a while, rather than "lfm tot 515+ ilvl and [Ahead of the Curve] checking all armories" bullshit.

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexorcist View Post
    I enjoy LFr as well. People can talk all day about how it promotes shitty gameplay and encourages players not to improve... But I can honestly say the raid-type encounter experience from LFR HAS made me a better player because I am infinitely more aware of the game environment and the foe's actions than I ever, EVER was or would have been in dungeons before LFR.
    That's actually pretty awesome to read, though I bet there are still many fights where you aren't actually avoiding the mechanics you think you are. But you have no idea, because there is no real failure.

    Stuff like Iron Qon, the whole 2nd half of the fight, there's no reason to try to clear the raid of arcing lightning, it does no damage. But it's so passive and incidental, that you wouldn't know you were doing it wrong.

    /shrug

    Good on you though to at least try to learn :3

    I like LFR, there's nothing wrong with it. If you want community and you want people that are all 100% there and trying, getting 10 people for a normal 10-man is not that hard if people were willing to teach someone once in a while
    Explain that to our community. I agree that you can easily pug a few bosses on normal each night, maybe you don't clear it. But doing a few bosses on normal is infinitely more rewarding than anything LFR has to offer.

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexorcist View Post
    I enjoy LFr as well. People can talk all day about how it promotes shitty gameplay and encourages players not to improve... But I can honestly say the raid-type encounter experience from LFR HAS made me a better player because I am infinitely more aware of the game environment and the foe's actions than I ever, EVER was or would have been in dungeons before LFR.
    I reckon there are other players who have also improved at least in awareness as a result.
    I can go into normal modes now and execute most mechanics well, even if I've only seen the "dumb version" of a mechanic in LFR. I couldn't have done that even a year ago because I didn't have any incentive to pay close enough attention.

    I like LFR, there's nothing wrong with it. If you want community and you want people that are all 100% there and trying, getting 10 people for a normal 10-man is not that hard if people were willing to teach someone once in a while, rather than "lfm tot 515+ ilvl and [Ahead of the Curve] checking all armories" bullshit.
    I would argue you are in the minority, but I suppose there is no way to ever know. I walked into the first fight of part 3 last night. No idea what his name his, the eyeball dude with the death maze. 50% of the group died immediately to the maze. I have never read the fight. I never watched the fight. I never knew anything about it when I first went in. I have still not ever once died int he maze phase. Things like this baffle me.

  5. #85
    I actually avoid probably... 95% of mechanics, so. The only ones I miss are if I'm targeting a player and happen to miss a boss castbar at the side of the screen because I usually play a healer. So it's not really trying to learn... It's succeeding at learning. I also happen to read my dungeon journal properly, which is more than most. So while I appreciate the agreement... Saying I'm still missing mechanics because "there is no failure" is pretty baseless when you haven't actually seen me play. A few posts ago I mentioned I've been running ToT normal with a PUG group, and if there's one thing I can say it's that I pretty rarely screw up a mechanic. Probably one in two dozen pulls.
    Take it as you will -- the mentality seems to be "all who enjoy LFR must be bads" but it isn't necessarily true, and saying someone's success is probably superficial due to "no failure" is unnecessary and somewhat degrading.

  6. #86
    Pit Lord
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    The Frozen Wasteland
    Posts
    2,331
    Quote Originally Posted by uiemad View Post
    I would argue you are in the minority, but I suppose there is no way to ever know. I walked into the first fight of part 3 last night. No idea what his name his, the eyeball dude with the death maze. 50% of the group died immediately to the maze. I have never read the fight. I never watched the fight. I never knew anything about it when I first went in. I have still not ever once died int he maze phase. Things like this baffle me.
    The rendering of the ground effect on Durumu is still shitty. It seems to vary greatly depending on graphics settings and the like.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Hexorcist View Post
    Take it as you will -- the mentality seems to be "all who enjoy LFR must be bads" but it isn't necessarily true, and saying someone's success is probably superficial due to "no failure" is unnecessary and somewhat degrading.
    Unnecessary and somewhat degrading commentary is what the raiding community is all about.

  7. #87
    Unnecessary and somewhat degrading commentary is what the raiding community is all about.
    While I hate to generalize - I've met some awesome raiders who are nothing like that too, and this comment is not directed at anyone in this discussion - the whole "belittle everyone that does LFR" thing really makes me wonder why raiders are so surprised and even offended when casual LFR players think elite raiding players are a bunch of arrogant snobs.

  8. #88
    Its really hard for me to make friends with people in a game like this, but I still want to see the conclusions to stories that start in the quest zones. LFR is fun in the same way that the weekly quests outside the voilet hold were fun for me, someone who doesnt really raid due to a lack of skill/patience to gear getting to see some of the bosses and get to raid a bit. Its FUN to raid imo, but some of the fights just drag on for me to really do it 'full time'.

  9. #89
    Pit Lord
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    The Frozen Wasteland
    Posts
    2,331
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexorcist View Post
    While I hate to generalize - I've met some awesome raiders who are nothing like that too, and this comment is not directed at anyone in this discussion - the whole "belittle everyone that does LFR" thing really makes me wonder why raiders are so surprised and even offended when casual LFR players think elite raiding players are a bunch of arrogant snobs.
    People forget they're playing a game, and that everyone else is playing a game, too. Instead of having fun and roleplaying a game, they are roleplaying work within a game. It's fine if you like it that way, but otherwise folks need to understand that different people like different things, and as long as those different people are having fun and not making anyone else's life inappropriately miserable, they're doing exactly what they're supposed to do.

  10. #90
    LFR hasnt ruined anything, the shitty community has done that with there constant whining and bitching on how they want the game to run at 'THERE' standards.
    Im glad all you whiney fucks that constantly make threads about how lfr has done this and done that are not being listened too, just like most of you say to people that complain on these forums about how difficult something may be........if you dont like it...simply log off and fuck off.

    Infracted; Don't be rude to posters. (Sonnillon)
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2013-07-03 at 10:36 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •