Question New Warrior looking for advices

HeyHey , I'm a fairly new DPS warrior and are looking for advices from more dedicated warriors out there (prot tips are also great for my offspec)

Let's start with my gear :

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eland/advanced

Is there something here one would point out, that would be necessary to change talents/gems/glyphs?

At the moment I'm arms due I read through forums Fury are not viable for a low itemlevel warrior? I do want to go fury soon , who does not want to be a badass warrior with two weapons. When would it be viable for me to go fury instead of arms, any information there?

At the moment my standard rotation for arms are something like this :

Colosus Strike- (always on CD)Mortal Strike(always on CD) - Overpower 2x - Slam filler -Mortal Strike - OverPower, if I close to capping rage I spam slam for a bit while building up overpower stacks, .

On AoE fights I keep Sweeping strikes up with thunderclap keeping dots up, generaly nothing else there. so would like more knowledge there.

Add0ns : At the moment I'm only using DBM, SKADA and atlasloot. Is there any add0ns that are a "must" for an DPS warrior?

And just for the fun of it : What makes your warrior a badass warrior?

Thanks for stopping by to look on my post
    Last edited by Belsebob; 2013-07-01 at 08:03 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, there is not much to say about what could be improved. Sure, three Items remain unenchanted, but I guess that is mainly because they are blue and/or PvP. Just don´t forget about those slots once you have replaced them.
    Regarding swapping to Fury, I´d say you should reach around 25% crit to maintain a smooth playstyle with Fury. Usually you will reach that amount of crit at itemlvl ~505. The difference grows apart the higher your Itemlvl gets.
    Regarding your rotation I cannot tell you much, for I am playing Fury and Prot.

If you are not into building your own Interface, the only Addon I´d recommend beside DBM and SKADA are WeakAuras and Omen Threat Meter. Omen tracks your threatlevel on mobs and bosses. Comes in handy sometimes. WeakAuras allows you to observe buffs you gain and how long they will sustain. Comes in handy if you need to know how long exactly your procc of Colossus Smash will sustain if you need to delay it for some reason or how long the trinket procc xyz will sustain to combine it with some small cooldowns without always peeking to the upper right corner.

My 2 cents.

Edit: Oh wtf, get a second profession!
    Last edited by Valech; 2013-07-01 at 07:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Deleted
    Not much more to add really just practice a lot and get used to it without staring too much at your bars so you can move out of the fire without losing too much damage.

One thing that I understand about Arms is that you use overpower when colossus smash is not active and pool your rage. When colossus smash is up, mash that slam key and any heroic strikes you can fit in without missing any slams (continue to use MS on CD without fail).

First of all I would recommend reviewing your profile on Mr. Robot and making the appropriate adjustments as necessary. This is personal preference: every point matters. If you don't want to enchant, gem, & reforge blues then that is your choice: Mr. Robot: Kleaveland

====================

Your rotation, as Arms, should look something like this (Single Target):

• Colossus Smash
    • Mortal Strike
    • Execute
    • Dragon Roar
    • Slam / Overpower
    • Heroic Strike

Some concepts to keep in mind while executing this rotation include:

• Heroic Strike is a wonderful rage dump as it is off the GCD. Remember this if your rage is pooling too high and you need to get it down. Slam followed up with a Heroic Strike will typically get you back to the low end of the rage pool.
    • When you are under the effects of Recklessness & Skull Banner you should prioritize Slam above Overpower. Overpower already has a 60% chance to hit critically and Slam hits harder to boot. Use the crit gains on Slam.
    • Do not, however, completely neglect Overpower. It's perk is that it reduces your CD on Mortal Strike. The ideal ratio of Slam:Overpower is 1:2 meaning that in a CD window of Mortal Strike you could potentially use Slam once and Overpower twice before Mortal Strike is ready again. There are several circumstances that can disrupt this ratio but it's a good number to keep in mind while managing your rotation.

Your AoE rotation isn't that difficult or hard to manage; Thunder Clap will apply Deep Wounds to all targets hit. Whirlwind is awesome. Dragon Roar is awesome. For those times where you're dealing with only 2 - 3 mobs then Sweeping Strikes + Cleave works wonders as well, too.

====================

The only other advice I can give is to monitor your buffs / debuffs. Enrage is a buff that you can manage with your 2pc and Berserker Rage. You'll want to monitor your Colossus Smash as well to be aware of your "burn" window so to speak. Personally I also monitor Weakened Armor (simply to make sure it's applied) and Sudden Execute (Execute phase & target switching - knowing when my Overpowers are free proves to be useful at times).

I hope this helps get you started. Good luck with your warrior.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belsebob View Post
    prot tips are also great for my offspec
    Ah I missed this part sorry. I am a prot warrior so I figured I would let a better man than me tell you the DPS stuff. But the prot stuff is pretty simple, as all the other specs its just a priority:

1) Shield Slam (Can proc via Devastate "Sword and Board" which resets the cooldown and increases its rage regeneration by 5)
    2) Revenge (Can proc via dodges and parries)
    3) Shouts
    4) Devastate

*Keep Weakened Blows up via Thunder clap
    *Use Heroic Strike or Cleave when Ultimatum procs

Then its just a case if using Shield Block or Shield Barrier depending on what you are fighting. If damage intake is low then don't worry about using your rage on offensive abilities instead (Or even execute). Just make sure you use Shield Slam and Revenge on cooldown as soon as they are ready, any delay means you have wasted rage. If you delay Shield Slam by 2 seconds you have missed out on 6.66.. rage for the rest of the fight (you can't get it back), so its very important to use them on CD (This goes for any spec you play, any ability that gives you rage goes first).

Quote Originally Posted by Belsebob View Post
    What makes your warrior a badass warrior?
    That's simple - My shield of course.