Deleted

Zynga to hire Microsofts CEO Don Mattrick

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...9600XJ20130701
    http://venturebeat.com/2013/07/01/re...-chief-as-ceo/

While the Xbone vs. PS4 debates are slowing dying down, what do we all think about this fresh and juicy rumour?

Is Don Mattrick jumping off his own ship before the Xbox One is even released?

EDIT:

It has been confirmed that Don Mattrick has jumped ship to Zynga as the new CEO.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/zynga-...200000713.html
    Last edited by mmoc4ed6cf0d0b; 2013-07-01 at 10:02 PM.

I doubt it. 100% doubt that he's "jumping ship before the XBox One is released."

Even before Microsoft came out and did a 180 on most of the XBox One features, it was still going to be a huge success. People were still going to buy it. You saw people rationalizing the thing they disliked or simply not caring about it. Sony fans were simply greatly overestimating how much the PS4's features would hurt the XBox One. It was happening across the internet, including this website. The outrage was there, and very legitimate in my opinion, but that doesn't mean people weren't going to buy it.

And this is from someone who had no, and still has no, plans to buy the XBox One.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    i wouldn't volontary leave a company like microsoft for zynga, if this is true there is more to the story.

I have no doubt that he was "fired" after the PR disaster that Xbox One has been.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    I doubt it. 100% doubt that he's "jumping ship before the XBox One is released."

Even before Microsoft came out and did a 180 on most of the XBox One features, it was still going to be a huge success. People were still going to buy it. You saw people rationalizing the thing they disliked or simply not caring about it. Sony fans were simply greatly overestimating how much the PS4's features would hurt the XBox One. It was happening across the internet, including this website. The outrage was there, and very legitimate in my opinion, but that doesn't mean people weren't going to buy it.

And this is from someone who had no, and still has no, plans to buy the XBox One.
    Well, I didn't say 'sinking' ship. I'm more interested in why Don Mattrick is being rumoured to be leaving for Zynga before Xbox Ones release.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy View Post
    Well, I didn't say 'sinking' ship. I'm more interested in why Don Mattrick is being rumoured to be leaving for Zynga before Xbox Ones release.
    if i had to guess, nobody like his "if you don't have internet, buy a 360 lolilol" attitude. it's disrespectful for the public, it wouldn't surprise me that microsoft just want his head on a platter.

I'm so disgusted with how high level employees are treated when they fuck up.

Yoichi Wada runs Square Enix extremely poorly over the years and his strategies never work out, leaving the company in the red the majority of the time despite having strong sales for their games. He quits and gets a job as chairman of the board or something, another plush job that pays well except this time he doesn't have any direct influence over the overall strategy and is instead working more with mobile (We can thank him for games like All the Bravest, which is one of the most offensive "games" ever published).

Mattrick oversees a product that gets panned for months after its initial announcement with massive consumer and media backlash. Makes a complete asshole of himself and disrespects gamers left and right. Now he goes to be CEO of another company (granted, Zynga is kinda in the shitty now, but I'd be surprised if the CEO wasn't making a spectacular salary).

Seriously, the ability for executives at various levels to fail upwards or sideways, rather than fail downwards, never ceases to amaze me. I hope he manages to at least stem the closure of studios and mass firing of employees at Zynga, but he hasn't really instilled much faith in his abilities as of late.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    I'm so disgusted with how high level employees are treated when they fuck up.

Yoichi Wada runs Square Enix extremely poorly over the years and his strategies never work out, leaving the company in the red the majority of the time despite having strong sales for their games. He quits and gets a job as chairman of the board or something, another plush job that pays well except this time he doesn't have any direct influence over the overall strategy and is instead working more with mobile (We can thank him for games like All the Bravest, which is one of the most offensive "games" ever published).
    To be fair. Square Enix have only shown red numbers 3 of the last 10 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    So he completely fucks up and his consolation prize is to become CEO of Zynga?

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/zynga-...200000713.html

Wow, that's pathetic.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

I didn't realize this actually happened lol, that's hilarious.

My friend sent me this earlier today https://twitter.com/KazHiraiCEO/stat...49968224206849
    but like I said, I didn't realize he actually moved to zynga lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not the least bit surprised.. lol

Deleted
    Farmville could not get any worse anyway. C'mon it's fucking Zynga; i'll never take them seriously anyway.