10+ Year Old Account

Update ignore feature

I recently added a user to my Ignore list as they were largely monopolising a thread in the forum section I frequent. As I found their posts largely irrelevant, it was annoying to keep getting updates on my subscribed threads by someone who was only using them to rant and ignore whatever anyone else said.

Unfortunately, I found that the ignore user feature does not, actually, ignore the user. It only does not display their messages (though they do get quoted).

Is there any way in which you can update this feature so that it actually, to all extents and purposes, fully ignores users?

Deleted
    Scruffy seconds this suggestion.

That is a problem with Vbulletin, making it a fairly complicated mod that we would have to do. I don't think that is something that will be high on the priority list anytime soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a pity, because it completely invalidates the use of the ignore feature.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    That is a problem with Vbulletin, making it a fairly complicated mod that we would have to do. I don't think that is something that will be high on the priority list anytime soon.
    This is what is available on the matter. In interest of avoiding some discussion on who is ignored vs who isn't, I'm going to close this.