How important is pvp power now for healers?

I know pvp power is weak for most dps classes(that I've read about) to the point where 496 pve gear is better than 476 malevolent(except for set bonuses). Is this the case with healers too?

Quote Originally Posted by Genooo View Post
    I know pvp power is weak for most dps classes(that I've read about) to the point where 496 pve gear is better than 476 malevolent(except for set bonuses). Is this the case with healers too?
    With the exception of the massive amount of pvp power from the weapons and 4 piece Set bonuses, pvp power doesnt amount to much.

SO: Don't gem Pvp Power, int is better in all cases from what I've read. Resil as a secondary has been debated heavily, but that is a separate topic entirely.

BUT: Don't just blindly throw on all of your pve gear. It gets a bit complicated here. Since RBGS and arenas scale your gear down to 496, and pvp power isnt on the budget, Pvp gear (except trinkets in some cases and gear with stupid amounts of sockets or with good socket bonuses) is better.

TLDR: Int is better than pvp power for gemming. Thats probably 95% of your question.

Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    With the exception of the massive amount of pvp power from the weapons and 4 piece Set bonuses, pvp power doesnt amount to much.

SO: Don't gem Pvp Power, int is better in all cases from what I've read. Resil as a secondary has been debated heavily, but that is a separate topic entirely.

BUT: Don't just blindly throw on all of your pve gear. It gets a bit complicated here. Since RBGS and arenas scale your gear down to 496, and pvp power isnt on the budget, Pvp gear (except trinkets in some cases and gear with stupid amounts of sockets or with good socket bonuses) is better.

TLDR: Int is better than pvp power for gemming. Thats probably 95% of your question.
    Well no my question was mainly because I hit 90 recently and am not sure if I should use 476 malevolent gear or 489-496+ pve pieces? I say 496+ because of the higher pieces being scaled down. Would scaled-down-to-496 pve pieces be better than malevolent with the exception of the pvp 2/4-set, the stun-free trinket and weapons?