Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Have fun getting rank 1 with the new arena system?

If it goes out like that with only 1 rank 1 position (assuming is not internally divided like RBGs are for battlegroups) then... HAVE FUN GETTING IT LOL?

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its gonna be fun indeed and much more prestige I can't wait!

But on a serious note I guess they will think of something to fix this.

10+ Year Old Account
    im so sorry you cant transfer to dead battlegrp for free rank1 anymore, tough luck

Quote Originally Posted by taurenguard View Post
    Its gonna be fun indeed and much more prestige I can't wait!

But on a serious note I guess they will think of something to fix this.
    Why? there is nothing to fix. Still the %1 of the teams will be getting the rank1 title. I see no problems with the new system tbh.

taurenguard, i agree. Way better system. We wont be r1 thoug.

Bluesftw, im happy about that

Rorschachs, rank 1 is rank 1. Not 1%, not 0.1%. JUST THE HIGHEST RATED TEAM (and personal ratings inside the team that are within 100 rating of the highest)

I'm fairly certain they're going to keep rankings based on specific servers. Meaning you won't have to be in the top .5% of ALL battlegroups to get Glad but only of your servers even if you're competing with everyone from all servers specific to a region.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Xeh.- View Post
    taurenguard, i agree. Way better system. We wont be r1 thoug.

Bluesftw, im happy about that

Rorschachs, rank 1 is rank 1. Not 1%, not 0.1%. JUST THE HIGHEST RATED TEAM (and personal ratings inside the team that are within 100 rating of the highest)
    There are no more teams. More than likely there will be a % cutoff for R1 roughly equivalent to the amount of players who are able to achieve R1 across all battlegroups for 3/5s currently. Then there will be a % cutoff for glad following that, and then duelist, andddddd you get the idea. If you really believe Blizzard will only award the SINGLE highest rated PLAYER in 3s and 5s respectively in this new system, you're very misguided.
    Those who you know as Warlocks are your Salvation through Destruction. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Shadowygoodness, naw man, i dont think they will award 1 player only hahaha. Maybe its a % base.

Flaks, what you ment to say was *battlegroups not realms. RBG Hero of the Alliance ratings gets analyzed for each battlegroup just like arena titles right now.

Thats why in bg9 the rating required to get Hero is way higher than many other battlegroups.

Any ideas on how much exploiters are going to be selling Rank 1 titles for with the new system?

Deleted
    I think the system can be cheesed by getting a party member with a much lower MMR to lower the average. Makes shit easier.

WIN TRADERS ARENAS?! NOOOOO!! Well, would be nice if that happens because blizzard will have NO EXCUSE to fix it.

Actually seems pretty good, the top tier players will all have to compete against each other for rank 1 instead of transferring to dead battlegroups and steamrolling everyone there in two days.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowygoodness View Post
    There are no more teams. More than likely there will be a % cutoff for R1 roughly equivalent to the amount of players who are able to achieve R1 across all battlegroups for 3/5s currently. Then there will be a % cutoff for glad following that, and then duelist, andddddd you get the idea. If you really believe Blizzard will only award the SINGLE highest rated PLAYER in 3s and 5s respectively in this new system, you're very misguided.
    I don't see why they have to ensure there are a certain amount of these titles going out, though. They're a special reward for being the best in a ladder and not treated the same as standard titles (permanent, not considered a title tier in achievements). I agree it would feel weird for there to be a sudden shift in availability, but in the same way I think making it another regular cutoff title would defeat their original purpose. I wouldn't be surprised if they just went with the top three slots for 3v3 and top five for 5v5, which is sort of a middle ground. Even in that case though, the recipients might not even be people that played together (and to me, that's really the only reason to hand more than one out in the first place).

It's still a % based based value, not dependent on number of teams in the battlegroup.

i.e. Current BG9 3s has around 2000 active teams, top 10 teams (30 players) will get glad.

Next season it's all combined and will have say ~15000 teams, top 75 teams or (225 players) will get glad.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerGamez View Post
    It's still a % based based value, not dependent on number of teams in the battlegroup.

i.e. Current BG9 3s has around 2000 active teams, top 10 teams (30 players) will get glad.

Next season it's all combined and will have say ~15000 teams, top 75 teams or (225 players) will get glad.

You are not reading/understanding what we talking about here Sir.

This is about RANK 1, not Gladiator. Rank 1 never was % base, and we are discussing if it will be a bit or not.

Please, read before commenting.

10+ Year Old Account
    it amuses me that people still think arena is legit,lol.
    Here come the Irish.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeh.- View Post
    You are not reading/understanding what we talking about here Sir.

This is about RANK 1, not Gladiator. Rank 1 never was % base, and we are discussing if it will be a bit or not.

Please, read before commenting.
    I hope "Rank 1" won't be % based so we can finally see some competition instead of top teams dodging each other by going to different battlegroups. Here's an open playing field, sort the chaff from the wheat.

Quote Originally Posted by WillFeral View Post
    it amuses me that people still think arena is legit,lol.
    More or less, quite a few traders

I think they are going to give 11 rank 1's, 1 for each class. Rank 1 is rank 1, and it's about damn time aswell xD It's a great change, it will make it even more fun for better players to actually meet new teams

My vote would go to only one rank 1 for each class

It'll be percentage based. Normally there is 5-20 glad spots per BG, and 1-2 teams get it.

A 0.1% or 0.05% cutoff would be about right, and wouldn't be surprised to see either of those numbers.