Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I think there should be 1 rank one in total. Let the elites fight for it. Though somehow it should be the team even though they won't exist really cause you can't get there solo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a question- does Rank 1 give anything other then knowledge that you are rank 1? Does it give a mount/title?

If it doesn't, then, well, does it really matter? Not like anyone really follows WoW arena as an E-Sport anymore.

If it does, well, that sucks.

In terms of who gets the gladiator, it'll probably just be the players within the top .05% ratings region wide. Meaning that players getting glad on dead battlegrounds with a 2.3k rating won't be getting gladiator anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    one rank 1 per server seems like the obvious route. or they will still have Battle groups as they havent said anything about removing them so 1 rank 1 per Bgroup. which makes more sense than 3 rank 1 per bgroup how can 3 people be the best?

You guys realize the top 0.5% of the entire region is the exact same amount of players as the combined total of all the top top 0.5% of each battle group, right?

The only difference will be is there will no longer be an "Easy" or "hard" battle group, you'll have to compete against everyone, so it'll be harder for some people who might have otherwise hit glad.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeh.- View Post
    If it goes out like that with only 1 rank 1 position (assuming is not internally divided like RBGs are for battlegroups) then... HAVE FUN GETTING IT LOL?
    Wait... you're complaining that you have to put in effort to be number 1 and can't just reroll to a horrible battlegroup?

ahhahaha
    a
    haha
    hah
    a
    ahah
    haaha
    hh
    ah
    aa
    hah
    aha
    hha
    ha

Infracted
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-07-02 at 09:10 PM.
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorschachs View Post
    Why? there is nothing to fix. Still the %1 of the teams will be getting the rank1 title. I see no problems with the new system tbh.
    No, not the 1%. The very top1 player will get the title, so maximum of 2 player / region. As for glad rank, it was always top 0.5%, i guess, it will stay the same

---------- Post added 2013-07-02 at 05:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Just a question- does Rank 1 give anything other then knowledge that you are rank 1? Does it give a mount/title?

If it doesn't, then, well, does it really matter? Not like anyone really follows WoW arena as an E-Sport anymore.

If it does, well, that sucks.

In terms of who gets the gladiator, it'll probably just be the players within the top .05% ratings region wide. Meaning that players getting glad on dead battlegrounds with a 2.3k rating won't be getting gladiator anymore.
    It gives a special title, each season has a different rank1 title, which isn't removed from you (like normal Gladiator titles) at the end of the next season.

There is the s1 Gladiator, Merciless Gladiator, Vengfull Gladiator, Brutal Gladiator, Deadly Gladiator, etc
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Imo, make the cutoff to classes only, not per teams. .5% of <insert class name here> on battlegroup will get glad, highest ranked in 3s and 5s will get rank 1. That way, classes will compete with their own, and the ladder will reflect the best of rogues, hunters, wars and so on
    Rogues don't do buffs or other group things. If you want a hug ask the Paladin.

Holinka confirmed on twitter that it will be % based for rank 1

Making rank 1 server based will just bring back the problems of people transferring to get titles, just instead of going to a dead battlegroup they'll transfer to a dead realm.

Giving the top 0.05% or 0.1% teams rank 1, and the top 0.5% glad seems reasonable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naughtt View Post
    I think there should be 1 rank one in total. Let the elites fight for it. Though somehow it should be the team even though they won't exist really cause you can't get there solo.
    I`m agree there should be only one rank 1 for the region + the standart gladiator titles for some precentage of teams

Deleted
    So you are complaining that you will have a bigger competition?

Does this do anything about people who play multiple characters for arenas? Like cdew has a monk, and a shaman, and pretty sure most of the top twitch streamers who roll rank ones have multiple characters that are at ridiculous 3k ratings. I'm glad that they can get recognized for their dedication to the game and the effort they put into it, but at the same time their going to take up like 3 spots each in the top %.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I'm curious for is how blizzard is going to show people on the arena ladders on the website. Will it be like RBGs? If so, that'd be really lame :/