1. #1

    Damage for MP levels

    I came back to the game a few weeks ago and I'm grinding paragon levels. I sold all my gear before I left and had about 2 mill gold left. I got a descent set of gear for under 2 mill for my bard, with over 150k damage.

    I have been soloing MP7 with little trouble, but it takes some time with health link or extra health mobs. My question is what do people consider minimum damage for varying MP levels for multi player games? I don't want to pull a group down, but also want to farm the highest MP level for the XP and gear. I haven't even tried MP8+ yet as I don't think I have the damage.

  2. #2
    The Patient
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    In your air conditioning
    Posts
    280
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitond View Post
    I came back to the game a few weeks ago and I'm grinding paragon levels. I sold all my gear before I left and had about 2 mill gold left. I got a descent set of gear for under 2 mill for my bard, with over 150k damage.

    I have been soloing MP7 with little trouble, but it takes some time with health link or extra health mobs. My question is what do people consider minimum damage for varying MP levels for multi player games? I don't want to pull a group down, but also want to farm the highest MP level for the XP and gear. I haven't even tried MP8+ yet as I don't think I have the damage.
    You understand that your problem is because you sold all your old gear right? Why should the game be buffed because you only have 150k dps? Dont come back saying "blah blah not saying that" because thats what you mean lol. MP is there for people wanting better drop rates at the price of it getting harder. why on earth would you get any type of buff other than drop rates?

    Also to add
    I sold all my gear before I left and had about 2 mill gold left.
    what did you spend the money on when you sold you gear to end up with 2million?? unless your gear was worthless in the 1st place.
    GC : Reclaimer, Everything you say is real and I respect you because you tell it.
    Reclaimer : When you say " Plz " instead of please, I say " No " because its shorter than Yes.
    Relliks : Dude, Reclaimer's fucking epic. He's got the right to quote himself.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    You understand that your problem is because you sold all your old gear right? Why should the game be buffed because you only have 150k dps? Dont come back saying "blah blah not saying that" because thats what you mean lol. MP is there for people wanting better drop rates at the price of it getting harder. why on earth would you get any type of buff other than drop rates?

    Also to add what did you spend the money on when you sold you gear to end up with 2million?? unless your gear was worthless in the 1st place.
    He just asked what kind of damage is needed for higher MP levels. He wasn't complaining about anything.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    You understand that your problem is because you sold all your old gear right? Why should the game be buffed because you only have 150k dps? Dont come back saying "blah blah not saying that" because thats what you mean lol. MP is there for people wanting better drop rates at the price of it getting harder. why on earth would you get any type of buff other than drop rates?
    Err never said anything about a problem... Take the stick that's firmly placed up your ass out and try reading a post for once. I never complained or even hinted at complaining about anything.

    Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    Also to add what did you spend the money on when you sold you gear to end up with 2million?? unless your gear was worthless in the 1st place.
    MoP, SC2 expansion, 4 race changes and 3 back, 1 guild transfer (for friend), 2 server transfers, and 1 name change. I kept the 2 mill for when I decided to pick the game back up.

    Furthermore the gear I had seems to be obsolete anyways. Back before I took a break it was all about surviving A2 and A3. The set I sold was full of AR/PR/Vit/Str/life%/LoH/armor/+block. Most barbs didn't have over 60k damage before I left, but you needed like 800+ AR just to survive. The game has changed now and you don't need much in survivability stats.

    Like I said I'm not complaining in the least bit. Actually I like it better now that I can focus on damage instead of survivability. I just wandered what the general requirements or benchmarks were for MP 8/9/10 for being in a group. I don't want to be a weak link in the group.

  5. #5
    The Patient The Oblivion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    317
    Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    You understand that your problem is because you sold all your old gear right? Why should the game be buffed because you only have 150k dps? Dont come back saying "blah blah not saying that" because thats what you mean lol. MP is there for people wanting better drop rates at the price of it getting harder. why on earth would you get any type of buff other than drop rates?

    Also to add what did you spend the money on when you sold you gear to end up with 2million?? unless your gear was worthless in the 1st place.
    you cannot read can you?


    on another note, there is no dps min or max,. it comes down to can you survive easily, is yes, step one is done. then can you kill elites in sub 20 seconds. if yes then you are good to go. if no drop down an mp until you can.

    mp 10 though, on a barb, if you joined my group, id want to see 200k+ dps unbuffed

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    You understand that your problem is because you sold all your old gear right? Why should the game be buffed because you only have 150k dps? Dont come back saying "blah blah not saying that" because thats what you mean lol. MP is there for people wanting better drop rates at the price of it getting harder. why on earth would you get any type of buff other than drop rates?

    Also to add what did you spend the money on when you sold you gear to end up with 2million?? unless your gear was worthless in the 1st place.
    Go troll another thread. Seriously doubt you even read what the OP asked.

    OP, my Monk is 160k DPS raw, and ~190k with self buffs. I generally do my Key farming and UBERS on MP7 which is my limit... I push the MP up for higher drop chance as I hate wasting Keys! If I'm just farming for the sake of farming MP4-5 is a lot more efficient. Many people stand by low (MP1-2) farming for efficiency but I don't notice things being much quicker below MP4.

    All of this is solo btw. I don't group (ever) in D3 since my RL friends left the game (pre inferno >.<).

    But it's not just raw DPS. My problem is I can push my DPS higher with banked gear, but it has terrible Vit rolls and would push me down to 30k HP. I've only got one LS weapon (DW), which is about 2.8%, ~400 LoH and 700 LPS. Ultimately, I'd prefer to just have 5%+ LS. So if you're doing 200k DPS with horrible survival stats, you'll be stuck in lower MP's, or if you've focused high survival and low DPS, you wont kill anything.

    If you want 200k+ DPS and high survival, it'll cost you billions, whereas high DPS gear with poor survival rolls can be cheap as chips.
    Last edited by Dakara; 2013-07-02 at 02:21 AM.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakara View Post
    Go troll another thread. Seriously doubt you even read what the OP asked.

    OP, my Monk is 160k DPS raw, and ~190k with self buffs. I generally do my Key farming and UBERS on MP7 which is my limit... I push the MP up for higher drop chance as I hate wasting Keys! If I'm just farming for the sake of farming MP4-5 is a lot more efficient. Many people stand by low (MP1-2) farming for efficiency but I don't notice things being much quicker below MP4.
    Pretty much this.

    If you are going for key runs, the highest you can manage without dying, otherwise I find MP 8 working out quite nicely, the mobs haven't started getting insane HP yet, but still high. Good drop rate and such, I do MP 10 key runs, because well then I will always get the key, and I can handle it, and as a cm wiz group won't complain. For farming I find MP 5 quite good as archon. Sure you could go lower, but that removes all the fun imo. Have a tendancy to go some MP 10 farming, but really it's slower. Sure you get more legendaries pr. run, but you barely get any runs done. I suppose I can do 3-4 times as many runs in MP 5 as in MP 10, if not more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyeranth View Post
    Why dont we just have thrall and Malfurion whip it out and someone can measure and then we can be done with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TerraMagus View Post
    We know Deathwing's plan perfectly well.
    Bang Alexstrasza and Ysera
    Do lines of coke and have a bitchin' party for next ten thousand years

  8. #8
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    881
    I have 350k dps and 30k HP on my WD. I avoid going futher than 6-7 MP simply due to me being squize. So it's not all about damage. I'am working on getting better survivibility while keeping my damage, not cheap;D

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by zuluslayer View Post
    I have 350k dps and 30k HP on my WD. I avoid going futher than 6-7 MP simply due to me being squize. So it's not all about damage. I'am working on getting better survivibility while keeping my damage, not cheap;D
    Yea, High DPS = Cheap, High survivability = Cheap, having both? Billions.

  10. #10
    On my DH i have like 100k-ish dps (going up to 120-130 with the caltrops) and i go MP6 pretty easy. I just need a build which lest me do decent aoe and single target damage - probably switching to mines.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    On my DH i have like 100k-ish dps (going up to 120-130 with the caltrops) and i go MP6 pretty easy. I just need a build which lest me do decent aoe and single target damage - probably switching to mines.
    On my DH I have 240ishk dps 30k hp but if a mob looks at her in mp3 she dies, yet my monk (main) has 125k dps 31k hp he can farm mp4 key runs mp6. IMO its all about the ratio between dps and your resistances. The only time my monk gets in trouble is in tight areas when elite packs have arcane sentry's other then that I breeze thru it. My monk has 534 AR (all resistances). My friend who farms mp10 has around 780ish AR 280ish dps. Hope that's what the OP is looking for.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Morben View Post
    On my DH I have 240ishk dps 30k hp but if a mob looks at her in mp3 she dies, yet my monk (main) has 125k dps 31k hp he can farm mp4 key runs mp6. IMO its all about the ratio between dps and your resistances. The only time my monk gets in trouble is in tight areas when elite packs have arcane sentry's other then that I breeze thru it. My monk has 534 AR (all resistances). My friend who farms mp10 has around 780ish AR 280ish dps. Hope that's what the OP is looking for.
    I have like 300-400 ar. Just spam Shadow Power + gloom rune and you're virtually immortal.

  13. #13
    My Barb has somewhat 240k dps buffed with "not the best gear" and i can farm easily up to mp10. It just takes more time, but it's not "harder". Maybe it's a barb thing. LL on belt, LL passive and Rend with Healrune makes you laughable op with 2H and HotA. Jump in a pit of mobs -> rend -> HotA crits up to 1,3 - 1,4m. That alone could keep you alive.

    My DH is near 170k dps with a two hand crossbow and it's much more dynamic, because i can't facetank a large groups of mobs. MP7 is quite hard for me.

  14. #14

  15. #15
    I dont know for group play. But i have a WD with 180k dps. 50k hp and 700 all res. I farm mp10 with no problems. Some elites can be a pain and i tend to skip them. But only because white mobs have a better chance of dropping legendaries.

    I have been farming with a few 400k dps barbs. And they said it went a tiny bit slower, but not much with my 180k dps

  16. #16
    There are many things to consider, but just to add the stats from my toon. My monk is at 184k unbuffed, 62k hp and 700ar (or 215k unbuffed, 50k hp and 600ar) i can run mp 10 without problems but not as fast as i wanted to be, cant remember the last time i died but there are elites that i've to kite while killing it.

  17. #17
    Depends on your spec, playstyle, stats on your gear and your farming route.

    Do 1 hour of your normal farm on mp7, write down number of elites killed and amount of xp you got.

    Do another 1 hour runs on mp6, mp5,mp4,mp3.

    Compare the numbers you got.

    For 150k dps I would suggest mp3 ww spec - you run from one elite to another and white mobs are dying behind you in cyclones.
    This will probably bring you the best elites/hour ratio.

    Another option might be killing white mobs on mp10. You'll get pretty decent yellow/legendary items ratio by doing this as well, your xp/hour ratio will be a bit lower.

    Just do some tests yourself.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    My Barb has somewhat 240k dps buffed with "not the best gear" and i can farm easily up to mp10. It just takes more time, but it's not "harder". Maybe it's a barb thing. LL on belt, LL passive and Rend with Healrune makes you laughable op with 2H and HotA. Jump in a pit of mobs -> rend -> HotA crits up to 1,3 - 1,4m. That alone could keep you alive.

    My DH is near 170k dps with a two hand crossbow and it's much more dynamic, because i can't facetank a large groups of mobs. MP7 is quite hard for me.
    A question for my barb: which rune should i go for HotA? Just thinking to use that 300+ int 165 dex Skorm i dropped some time ago - it still gives me a truckload of damage, from 30k to 80k so it's definitely an option to start farming maybe at low levels.

    About the DH, i facetank everything up to MP7 too, but it's just because of my gear being not that good - profile is on sig for the ones that want to check.

    I found DH being a lot more dependant on builds than other classes (and i felt monk the same way tbh). With DH you have 2 options actually:
    - go for an "infinite discipline" build using bolas+bitter pill and a 1h xbow for spamming lots of attacks; other complemetary abilities are mines, turret with shield rune, shuriken cloud; if you manage to have decent crit chance, you don't even need preparartion (which is how usually i roll with my calamity)
    - go for a standard heavy-hitting slow build with manticore, you can go EA with lighting orb rune or if you like it more (and i find it awesome to play) go rapid fire with either the fire support or the piercing runes. Bat companion is recommended, since you won't generate hatred as fast as using a 1h xbow.

    Obviously mandatory skills are shadow power (gloom rune) and night stalker passive. Also archery is really too string to pass over, and if you have trouble surviving Perfectionist is of great help (nearly mandatory for MP7+)

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    A question for my barb: which rune should i go for HotA? Just thinking to use that 300+ int 165 dex Skorm i dropped some time ago - it still gives me a truckload of damage, from 30k to 80k so it's definitely an option to start farming maybe at low levels.
    I played a very unoriginal spec before i went to whirlwind with my Skorn (which is much more fun ^^). For HotA i used the smash rune for a while (406% weapon damage but smaller radius, great for bossfights) or rolling thunder (for AoE farming). It's nice to have some sort of range. More targets = more crits = more rage = more critchance with HotA = more LL heals.

    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...ZRk!ZYd!ZZaaYc

    It's not the "funniest" spec, but it makes things save. With better gear, you can avoid warcry and/or leap and replace them with better options like WotB.

  20. #20
    I tried that yesterday evening - i must say it's way funnier than WW. I miss WotB a little, but the heavy hits of HotA are awesome.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •