Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Azshara not being a final expansion boss would be a major mishandling of her character.

Read up on her, she's not a pawn of anyone. She's the most powerful mage ever.
    Then I expect she'll be the final boss of the next Expansion. Sargeras will be the last boss of the following expansion.

There seems to be some some finality in reaching 100. I can see that being the cap for the official WoW. Anything after would be...Fonzie jumping the shark.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing new here... moving on.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    No one saw MoP coming.

Legion expansion is good, it means draenei will finally get some new lore.
    Actually I remember months and months in advance everyone was speculating it was gonna be MOP before it was announced!
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Infernix View Post
    Then I expect she'll be the final boss of the next Expansion. Sargeras will be the last boss of the following expansion.

There seems to be some some finality in reaching 100. I can see that being the cap for the official WoW. Anything after would be...Fonzie jumping the shark.
    .....Going over level 100 is jumping the shark? How is that even jumping the shark?
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Eschatologist View Post
    That's directly from the cloak quest.
    I was looking for this quote, came back here and you had put it up already. Wrathion has been somewhat less than subtle that the Legion is the next threat we face. It might as well be in 40 foot high flaming letters at this point. He hasn't name-dropped Sargeras yet, though, or any non-Azeroth planets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lopk View Post
    We have? I thought it was just speculation (I took a break for a good while so I might have missed something). I'm not doubting you, but do you have a blue post / interview / whatever?
    The beginning of the Legendary quest line has Wrathion showing the player a globe of Azeroth that gets bombarded by green, fiery meteors that look a heckuva lot like Infernals, speaking of "horrors that are even now bearing down on our fragile home," concreting that it is some form of threat from without.

Seeing as it's quite likely that this facebook post is not "out of the blue," and assuming the bits about Wrathion are related... It seems likely that the Legion's coming.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    Actually I remember months and months in advance everyone was speculating it was gonna be MOP before it was announced!
    Only because Blizzard trade marked the name.

Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    we have known for a while it will be the Legion and Sargeras
    You got my hopes up! I want to play a Legion expansion again so badly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope, Velen will have great part in next Burning Legion expansion. According to lore, Velen is so badass. He once was leader of Eredar race, on the same level like Kil'Jaeden and Archimonde. ... I am horde player, but HELL, he was pal of Sargeras's right hand, I am quite sure this old dude can kick some asses if he gets a chance.
    "Ubi sementem feceris, ita mettes."

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Wrathion showed us a little *vision* of sorts. It showed Green Orbs falling down on Azeroth. Now we all know what the *green Orbs* mean to us. Well I hope people do
    I feel the same, I just don't see how this confirms anything for the next expansion. Or maybe I don't check Blizz's Facebook page often enough, but it seems like a rather common style of posting for companies.

But damn I hope it is Legion based.
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead, and that World of Warcraft died with him."

Sure we don't "know" for sure. But if you have been playing Warcraft for a long time, it's hard to miss such iconic symbolism as the green meteors. Wrathion's little questline shows us Azeroth getting rocked by several of them.

2:18 for Legion Meteors

Warcraft 3 Trailer
    1:05 for Legion Meteors

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Like what? We haven't dealt with the Burning Legion seriously since Burning Crusade.
    We have already dealt with them twice, Warcraft 3 and TBC. A third time is just lazy. There must be something else out there in the universe that can have an interest in taking Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Infernix View Post

In other words, it would be the greatest thing that could possibly happen in WoW, thereby making everything else seem a letdown?
    Because that's what Jumping the Shark means.

That aside, Blizz has mentioned before that there are no plans to stop at 100 just because it's 100. They'll keep expanding till it's no longer financially viable to do so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shedeo View Post
    I feel the same, I just don't see how this confirms anything for the next expansion. Or maybe I don't check Blizz's Facebook page often enough, but it seems like a rather common style of posting for companies.

But damn I hope it is Legion based.
    I don't either but it's notable enough to pay attention to.

We have already dealt with them twice, Warcraft 3 and TBC. A third time is just lazy. There must be something else out there in the universe that can have an interest in taking Azeroth.

TBC barely tackled the Burning Legion so you are incorrect. What else would there be out there? Any suggestions? It's not lazyness. We HAVE NOT dealt with the Burning Legion in full force. No, Kil'Jaeden isn't dead either.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noorri View Post
    Sargeras purpose of life is to destroy everything Titans have created. As long as Sargeras is not dead or Azeroth destroyed, Burning Legion will keep coming back.
    Last edited by Deffry; 2013-07-01 at 11:37 PM.
    "Ubi sementem feceris, ita mettes."

Quote Originally Posted by Noorri View Post
    Most of BC was the Illidari, not the Legion. We face old gods all the time, hell, we just had back to back expansions with old gods being a major part of them. Haven't seen the Legion since BC, and they were only really in the last raid tier. We've fought the old gods more than the Legion.

Not really a hint. I mean, he's a black dragon, for all we know he is planning something himself with false visions of the Legion. To be safe, we must kill all the dragonflights. They are not to be trusted. *gets carried away by the four remaining flights guards* Kill the remaining, they are evil...EVIL....*fades from view*

I certainly hope this teaser leads up to an early xpac announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Most of BC was the Illidari, not the Legion. We face old gods all the time, hell, we just had back to back expansions with old gods being a major part of them. Haven't seen the Legion since BC, and they were only really in the last raid tier. We've fought the old gods more than the Legion.
    We have yet to get to a part of WoW that doesn't somehow involve them. They even got into BC.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Im guessing you never read the books?