Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    what do you mean he doesnt have a phyical body? theres no sign to say someone stole his body while his soul was on azeroth, his body should have still been there waiting for him when he decided to come back
    No one stole his body, this isn't the bodysnatchers. His body was crushed and "ceased to be" when the portal he was entering collapsed on him.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    No one stole his body, this isn't the bodysnatchers. His body was crushed and "ceased to be" when the portal he was entering collapsed on him.
    oh, i assumed he meant after he came to azeroth in an avatars body. pretty sure he would have a new body by now if his body was really destroyed by the portal

"Wrathion turns out to be Sargeras in disguise" - Blizzard's New Lead Game Designer, M. Night Shyamalan

Quote Originally Posted by Ulgrim View Post
    "Wrathion turns out to be Sargeras in disguise" - Blizzard's New Lead Game Designer, M. Night Shyamalan
    and his weakness is water! dunn dunnn dunnnnnnn

What a twist!

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    we have known for a while it will be the Legion and Sargeras
    We've known for a while the Legion would be returning.

We've not known when.

THIS quote, the 'rising' menace.....that makes me think Azshara and the fulfilment of that prophecy about a land rising from the deeps.

EJL

Deleted
    I am not so sure about that. I can see the signs that work towards that conclusion, but wouldnt it be weird, to handle the legion before we fight Azshara, who had ties to the legion. In my head it makes more sense to first deal with Azeroth (there is a lot left) and then leave and deal with the legion

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    In response to a question about the next expansion, the game devs told us we'd have to go to blizzcon to find out. So I think it's reasonable to conclude it's going to be announced at blizzcon.

(also that sounds like an end-of-this-expansion hint)
    For some reason this post got me thinking that the next expansion will break the fourth wall, and we will be raiding the Blizzard HQ and fighting devs and artists etc, and there will be a raid based on Blizzcon.

---------- Post added 2013-07-02 at 11:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    and his weakness is water! dunn dunnn dunnnnnnn
    Lol, is that the bioware writer?

Quote Originally Posted by Aerodyne View Post
    For some reason this post got me thinking that the next expansion will break the fourth wall, and we will be raiding the Blizzard HQ and fighting devs and artists etc, and there will be a raid based on Blizzcon.

---------- Post added 2013-07-02 at 11:27 AM ----------

Lol, is that the bioware writer?
    watch the movie signs, it will all make sense

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lopk View Post
    We have? I thought it was just speculation (I took a break for a good while so I might have missed something). I'm not doubting you, but do you have a blue post / interview / whatever?
    Pretty much yeah. Let's see... there's a quest in Feralas I think hinting at the Legion and stuff (this is since Cataclysm I think). Legendary quest in 5.0 hinting at the Burning Legion threat. Also, don't forget Varimathras in the "Wrath Gate" chain quest and who he wanted to summon

All in all, we pretty much have seen this coming and this seems like a perfect time to release a Burning Legion themed expansion with subs dropping this fast. Everyone knows TBC was the best shit ever resurrecting it is like the best move Blizzard can hope for.

10+ Year Old Account
    World of Warcraft: The Tides of Darkness
    *90->95 level cap
    *South Seas islands (Tomb of Sargeras, Kul'Tiras, Undermine, etc)
    *Nazjatar (Naga capital) raised to surface from sea floor
    *N'Zoth and Azshara main bosses
    *Emerald Dream/Rift of Aln patch
    *Zandalar patch (finish off the trolls and their king Rastakhan)
    *Outland re-vamp
    *Burning Legion invading Azeroth; gaining power
    *Possibly new neutral playable races (ogre, naga, furbolg, high elves, etc)
    *New character models

Ultimately, the Burning Legion is seeking to return to Azeroth and is gaining power. We're dealing with their return and also putting an end to Azshara and N'Zoth, two of the last (known) great threats on Azeroth.

After that, I think a full-on Argus/Twisting Nether Burning Legion x-pack with Titans and Sargeras feels more appropriate. Azshara really needs her own x-pack because she's so powerful and influential, and she ties together a lot of story lines. It doesn't make sense to wander off to Argus or other planets we haven't visited yet before we've dealt with her. Besides unknown things and the old gods, she's the last HUGE threat left on Azeroth. I think it will deal with the Burning Legion, and them putting Azeroth in danger, but I think the main focus will be on N'Zoth and Azshara.

*I think ZA/ZG story in Cata and troll presence in MOP (MV and ToT) leads us to dealing with their King Rastakhan on Zandalar Island.
    *I think Malfurion Stormrage's in-game return in Cata leads to dealing with the Emerald Dream.
    *I think the Burning Legion assaulting Azeroth leads up to Azshara, seeing how she's the one who brought demons to Azeroth in the first place.
    *I think the new story line with Jaina and the Kirin'Tor leads us to Kul'Tiras, another big location for Jaina and the Kirin'Tor.
    *I think the Goblin's addition to the Horde and Gallywix's lack of character involvement leads us to The Undermine being present in game.

All of these things set in motion in Cata and MOP really look like they're pointing towards a South Seas/Emerald Dream/Azshara/N'Zoth expansion before a full-out Argus/Burning Legion one. Full-out Burning Legion expansion needs a bigger ramp-up than subtle hints and foreshadowing in MOP.
    Last edited by Grunhither; 2013-07-02 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lywyu View Post
    Pretty much yeah. Let's see... there's a quest in Feralas I think hinting at the Legion and stuff (this is since Cataclysm I think). Legendary quest in 5.0 hinting at the Burning Legion threat. Also, don't forget Varimathras in the "Wrath Gate" chain quest and who he wanted to summon

All in all, we pretty much have seen this coming and this seems like a perfect time to release a Burning Legion themed expansion with subs dropping this fast. Everyone knows TBC was the best shit ever resurrecting it is like the best move Blizzard can hope for.
    tbc was fucking awful, hopefully this will be the legion expansion we deserved and not a pile of crap filled with retcons and ruined characters

Deleted
    That isn't something we have known, it is something that has been speculated about. Although it's possible that the next expansion or a future expansion could involve the Burning Legion, I highly doubt that we'll get to fight Sargeras. He is the most powerful creature in warcraft who can destroy anything with little to no effort. Allowing meer mortals (players) to defeat him would entirely break the lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziddy View Post
    That isn't something we have known, it is something that has been speculated about. Although it's possible that the next expansion or a future expansion could involve the Burning Legion, I highly doubt that we'll get to fight Sargeras. He is the most powerful creature in warcraft who can destroy anything with little to no effort. Allowing meer mortals (players) to defeat him would entirely break the lore.
    i dont agree that hes that strong, but yeah i completely agree, going straight to sargeras when the legion spans thousands of worlds and planets would require retarded levels of plot armor and just shouldnt happen anytime soon.

would like to take on the nathrezim though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grunhither View Post
    World of Warcraft: The Tides of Darkness
    *90->95 level cap
    *South Seas islands (Tomb of Sargeras, Kul'Tiras, Undermine, etc)
    *Nazjatar (Naga capital) raised to surface from sea floor
    *N'Zoth and Azshara main bosses
    *Emerald Dream/Rift of Aln patch
    *Zandalar patch (finish off the trolls and their king Rastakhan)
    *Outland re-vamp
    *Burning Legion invading Azeroth; gaining power
    *Possibly new neutral playable races (ogre, naga, furbolg, high elves, etc)
    *New character models

Ultimately, the Burning Legion is seeking to return to Azeroth and is gaining power. We're dealing with their return and also putting an end to Azshara and N'Zoth, two of the last (known) great threats on Azeroth.

After that, I think a full-on Argus/Twisting Nether Burning Legion x-pack with Titans and Sargeras feels more appropriate. Azshara really needs her own x-pack because she's so powerful and influential, and she ties together a lot of story lines. It doesn't make sense to wander off to Argus or other planets we haven't visited yet before we've dealt with her. Besides unknown things and the old gods, she's the last HUGE threat left on Azeroth. I think it will deal with the Burning Legion, and them putting Azeroth in danger, but I think the main focus will be on N'Zoth and Azshara.

*I think ZA/ZG story in Cata and troll presence in MOP (MV and ToT) leads us to dealing with their King Rastakhan on Zandalar Island.
    *I think Malfurion Stormrage's in-game return in Cata leads to dealing with the Emerald Dream.
    *I think the Burning Legion assaulting Azeroth leads up to Azshara, seeing how she's the one who brought demons to Azeroth in the first place.
    *I think the new story line with Jaina and the Kirin'Tor leads us to Kul'Tiras, another big location for Jaina and the Kirin'Tor.
    *I think the Goblin's addition to the Horde and Gallywix's lack of character involvement leads us to The Undermine being present in game.

All of these things set in motion in Cata and MOP really look like they're pointing towards a South Seas/Emerald Dream/Azshara/N'Zoth expansion before a full-out Argus/Burning Legion one. Full-out Burning Legion expansion needs a bigger ramp-up than subtle hints and foreshadowing in MOP.
    Totally agree, but would love to see the character model upgrades sooner.

10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't new information.

Quote Originally Posted by Noorri View Post
    I really hope they won't do Legion or Old God next expansion, so tired of them. Make up some new enemies FFS, don't just harp on the same old stuff for another decade.
    I disagree, they gave us 'new' with MoP, but outcry led us back to Horde V Alliance V Old Gods. Clearly the most popular expansions were killing demons, zombies and old golds, so I see no problem with an expansion going back to such roots.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post

I disagree, they gave us 'new' with MoP, but outcry led us back to Horde V Alliance V Old Gods. Clearly the most popular expansions were killing demons, zombies and old golds, so I see no problem with an expansion going back to such roots.
    mists was always about horde vs alliance and the sha and ya'shaarj was known the same time it was announced

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post

Why was it the "outcry" over MoP which led to Horde V Alliance V Old Gods when the Horde V Alliance aspect was announced with the expansion and the Old God elements very much part of the developed expansion and not some tacked on afterthought to appease raging fanboys.

Deleted
    The only surprise that can come from Blizcon is that the Legion WON'T be the next expan.

Quote Originally Posted by T Man View Post
    The only surprise that can come from Blizcon is that the Legion WON'T be the next expan.
    and the rage would be unbearable, there would be tons of people running to the forums claiming blizzard "promised" them a legion expansion just like all the people flipping out over the legendary being a cloak