Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines
Couple of things that I see popping up:
"Sargeras would be the last boss of WoW"
1) The end of WoW is nowhere in the foreseeable future. EQ1 release date: 1999. Still alive and well in 2013 with 500k subs on the umpteenth expansion.
2) Who says he would have to die. He can make an appearance, we might kill one of his main underlings, and he escapes.
3) This is a fantasy world whose lore expands through an entire universe. Even if Sargeras is defeated, it would be illogical to assume that in all of the universe there isn't a stronger being. He's just the strongest that we currently know of. Hell we don't even know everything about our own real life universe, and this is a fantasy game, anything is possible.
"A legion expansion shows Blizzard is desperate"
1) It's not like this is the wild card they had in their hand the whole time waiting for a clutch moment. This doesn't even have to be the only legion expansion, either. We could have one now, 2 more different expansions and then go back to legion again. There are a lot of notable NPCs still left in their ranks, not to mention the ability for Blizzard to easily weave a few new ones to introduce us to for later down the road.
2) It's not like: "Boom Legion Xpack give us ur moneys", although I won't deny it will probably reel in a few old schoolers and maybe some new people who weren't feeling the MoP theme. I definitely believe that to a broader audience it screamed Kung Fu panda and probably turned a lot more traditional fantasy RPGers away who thought about picking the game up for the first time. A cover with a dreadlord on it I would wager would attract more RPG-subscription-based gamers.
- - - Updated - - -
Ofc...even if the next x-pac is the Burning Legion..we don't have TBC gameplay times anymore
- - - Updated - - -
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
How about a few Old Gods and Azshara, coming out in force. No puppets, just old gods, the ones whom could crush Sargeras with ease. The ones we probably need Titans returning to aid us in the battle. The Legion is nothing compared to them, this has been established as canon.
If it's not an elf, leave it on the shelf.
Night Elf Independence Movement
Me personally, I'd love to see the most powerful members of the legion woven into the storyline during the same timeframe Azshara rises from the depths. Then us having to deal with both adversaries and possibly even using them against each other in our favor.
haven't the previous expansions always been announced before the final raid tier?
You should also reconsider looking at the previous Legion attempts. Never have we defeated them when they were strongest.
1. Closed portal before Sargeras entered and doomed Azeroth
2. Killed Archimonde, only one lord of the legion and at very high cost
3. Closed portal before Kil'jaeden entered and ruined Azeroth
See a connection? We have never faced them at their strongest. They have only had one lord here at the time or we close the portal. The Legion has conquered countless planets, their numbers in the millions. The issue is getting their troops here.
Also the old gods can't defeat Sargeras, maybe combined they could but they can't now. They're weakened.
Not sure why Azshara would want to rise from the depths, though. Why endanger herself? It would make far more sense for us to have to go down to get her.
Doubt they would ever do it, but it is about time for a hard reset. Demons come and they destroy Azeroth, ragtag remnants of the races escape at the last minute through a portal to a new world where our previous gear and levels are largely meaningless and we have to start anew.
World of Warcraft : A New Beginning
They would keep the new level cap, probably 95 (hoping for 100) and have the alliance/horde relocate to a different world/planet and begin to construct new cities/towns. Oh my god, all of the possibilities.
Last edited by Marksman12; 2013-07-03 at 03:03 AM.
"Soon" doesn't mean next. We've known the Legion would try again each time. We just don't know when. We still don't.
Why does everyone want to kill Sargeras? What if we need him to defeat the Pantheon when they see the mess the Alliance and Horde created on Azeroth.
A lot of people really think we dealt with the Burning Legion a lot. That's just not even true, we barely touched them.
Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...htsongg/simple https://twitter.com/Aeluron1989
"...the fire that once burned the sky will return. It is inevitable. The Burning Legion WILL find Azeroth. Seas of blood, cities in ruins! Who are we - one divided world - to stand against a legion? You speak of hope. Believe me, the thinnest silver of belief that we might somehow survive the coming devastation is all that sustains me."
to " Oh wait, I forgot we have to deal with the Naga/dream/whatever first lol nvm".
If it was something else, then Wrathion would be warning us of that imminent disaster to the well-being of Azeroth first instead of talking about the Legion.
I just don't think we're ready for the Legion yet, in the realistic timeline of the game. I could be wrong, but I also don't think they're as 'locked in' as everyone else seems to think.
They've always been a threat. Various people have always continued to say that. They just don't also hand us orange shinies so we don't listen so closely.