Is this a viable idea for pvp leveling?

Well, I was talking with my gf as she was getting killed in hellfire (with me laughing) and an idea came to mind. What if, every time someone 4levels+ killed you, you got a immunity for X amount of time. So say a level 90 kills you at 62. You would get a 3minute immunity from anyone who is 4levels+. The time would increase (not by a big amount) every time it happened while you have no debuff active. This way there is still a very real risk, while also providing a small, but noticeable, protection. I would say it should also be capped out at say 15mins Max. It wouldn't be anything major, and each time you die youd only get 1minute added on to your starting 3min buff. You would still be killable to anyone within the set level range IE anyone who is 3levels higher and anyone at or any level lower then you can still attack you.To add to it. You would have to be killed within 3minutes of the debuff fading in order for it to increase. 3 Minutes without dieing is very easy to accomplish (especially if you zone into a dungeon).

Idk. Just something I came up with. Not enough to make you wanna get chain killed by a friend (rez timers ftw), but just enough so that maybe the newer players wouldn't get a bit fed up. I know a newer player who struggled to get to 60+ would feel it a almost impossible task to relevel that high again so early on when they just want to hit max level.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Then it would not be PvP in the context of playing PvP. If you don't want to participate in PvP, then don't do PvP quests or have a character on a PvP server. The real options for your scenario is to have your friends come and help get rid of the higher level characters that are tormenting you the old fashioned way...beat them in PvP.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    Then it would not be PvP in the context of playing PvP. If you don't want to participate in PvP, then don't do PvP quests or have a character on a PvP server. The real options for your scenario is to have your friends come and help get rid of the higher level characters that are tormenting you the old fashioned way...beat them in PvP.
    Im not here to debate what constitutes as PvP in your eyes. We all know dieing to a higher level is annoying (despite what you are saying, it Is annoying at times). This isn't anything over powered, with a ton of restrictions, that does Not discourage PvP between similarly leveled players. The best solution would still be to have higher levels come and beat up the enemy.

If you're on a PvE server then just don't toggle PvP on. If you're on a PvP server you can't complain about PvP happening. I see no need for this at all, just roll on a PvE realm if you don't want to deal with PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Im not here to debate what constitutes as PvP in your eyes. We all know dieing to a higher level is annoying (despite what you are saying, it Is annoying at times). This isn't anything over powered, with a ton of restrictions, that does Not discourage PvP between similarly leveled players. The best solution would still be to have higher levels come and beat up the enemy.
    It doesn't discourage PvP between similar levels (nothing does), but it does violate the point of open PvP on a PvP server.

Deleted
    This idea would indeed violate the point of world PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    It doesn't discourage PvP between similar levels (nothing does), but it does violate the point of open PvP on a PvP server.
    I dont see it as doing that. The buff would only be a very brief buff. Only meant to serve as a simple way to make newer players and older ones a small bit less frustrated. They would think (I got ganked again, at least now I have a chance to get away from this person and to a new area). It wouldn't be anything drastic. Just a way to temporarily relieve the stress.