Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frayed View Post
    His gearing choices are "fine".

Obviously, you should be looking to pick-up another Uroe, better rings and either replace the chest with the Ji'kun one or grab the tier chest and get the Animus helm but really, those won't give you drastic dps improvements. It sounds more like there may be an issue with your rotation(s) and the best way to determine that would be with access to some logs.
    Yeah I had no luck with jewelery, I got the Ji'kun's chest in my inventory so i might replace that one i am using atm just need to upgrade it but i dont really think its necessary.Heres log from lei shen hc kill It was our 1st or 2nd kill I cant remember.
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/k65aw...2&e=631#Shatzi

You aren't doing anything entirely fundamentally wrong that I can easily spot, it's more a combination of lots of little and no so little gear issues (your simmed DPS isn't stellar), minor choice issues (like glyph of reck) and minor play issues. Here's my log for the same fight ( I'm currently ranked number 2 for Fury on 10HC Lei Shen).

worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-9snjlh3v8fflwac2/sum/damageDone/?s=9648&e=10202 (can't post a link yet, so copy and paste).

I'm TG as well, and the fight lengths were within 4 seconds of each other. Our damage percentages on Lei Shen, Ball Lightning and intermission adds are almost identical - but I do about 20% more damage to Lei Shen than you do. A large part of that is gearing - I had about 6 ilvls on you at the time of that kill, including the legendary cloak, and your simmed DPS is more than 10% less than mine.

One thing that stands out is you are getting about 10% fewer melee hits/using 10% fewer BTs over the same duration (I only have about 1% more haste than you do, so our swing speeds aren't much different). I suspect you aren't staying on Lei Shen as he's moved from platform to platform as efficiently as you could be, which explains the difference in melee swings. You don't even have a Monk using Provoke to move Lei Shen around at light speed like I do lol, so you should be able to stay on Lei Shen effectively with the mobility tools you have. My biggest concern is that you are getting about 25% fewer Raging Blows out, partly because you aren't using BT as often as you should and partly (this is a likely guess) because you aren't RB cleaving with WW as effectively as you perhaps could be (Bladestorm isn't up for half the ball lightning sets, so you should be switching to WW/RB cleaving for every other set, and my guess is you aren't doing that as well as you could be).

Another minor thing is that you used Thunder Clap on Lei Shen five times - Fury really shouldn't be using Thunder Clap in the first place, and on top of that, Lei Shen was the only mob to take damage so you used it single target - don't even know what that is about. Really no good use for T Clap as Fury at the moment, aside from cluttering your action bars IMO.

Also, doesn't look like you are applying Sunders, nor is the Rogue using Expose Armor, nor is the Hunter using a pet that applies that debuff. That makes a difference right there - I'd switch out your Glyph of Reck for Glyph of Colossus Smash at the minimum.

It's really a bunch of minor niggles, but lots of minor niggles add up. The biggest issues are in gearing and gear choices - you have a high ilvl and some really nice pieces, but you have some duds as well and the overall result could be a lot better with a few better pieces and a few refinements. But fundamentally, outside of your gear, you are doing fine - I could just as easily pick my own log apart with things that I did wrong and I have the number two on that fight.
    Last edited by Slaynorth; 2013-07-02 at 11:07 AM.

@Slaynorth: I agree that he should really change to the CS glyph but you should really refrain from comparing fights like Lei shen were your damage can be influenced very much by the tactics you're using. For example my raid uses a DPS stop before each transmission to guarantee a smooth change and I'm asked to use Dstance outside of the transmission phases as well (ok that was with 1h. I guess I'd have more than enough HP with TG and the cloak to survive it now but we don't change a running system ).

A small hint for your raid: Ask your druid to use fairy fire as his first ability. He will usually have a global to apply it at the beginning of the fight (and after the transmission phases). Allows your raid to instantly have 3 stacks of sunder on the boss and all you have to do is keep it up with CS. A warrior focusing on add damage seems very wrong as well. Tell your raid to stop slacking and leave the AoE to the classes which are better than we are. If your Adds don't die in a few seconds (way before bladestorm is finished) and you have more than 3-4 adds, your ranged DPS and healers should reconsider what they are doing.

Meteo, the same could be said for any fight this tier really. I think Lei Shen HC is one of the easier ones to compare as there aren't that many different ways to play it as a Fury Warrior. Lei Shen offers no major fight mechanic RNG factors (fights like Primordius with random buffs and random chances for either a buff or a void zone), no reliance on other players to keep a buff up (kicking turtles on Tortos), no make or break assignments or ways to do fights that make it impossible to compare (such as not needing to be on adds much on Horridon, or a kiting strat on Tortos), no huge reliance on meeting certain specific burst windows when looking at important damage to consider (in this case, Lei Shen damage) etc. A few seconds waiting, going off target early or dropping into defensive stance for short periods isn't going to make a log anything close to a poor candidate for comparison.

That was the log he offered, I also played the fight TG, same talents, we had a similar comp, we had an extremely similar kill time, and our damage distribution percentages by target are almost exactly the same. Under such similar circumstances I performed significantly better, and told him exactly why - mainly the gear difference, plus minor glyph choice and play issues. It's actually hard for me to find something better to make a comparison on - the circumstances are so very similar between the two logs, and when looking especially at important target damage like damage on Lei Shen, it's a pretty straightforward fight for a warrior. Most of the complexities/RNG elements lie in parts of the fight that is completely separate from important target DPS - the rest of the fight is single target DPS against a target that moves occasionally with short periods of burst AoE, it's not hard. Little things like having to leave early before intermissions (such as I have to do, I run across the platform for both intermissions) aren't a terribly big deal.
    Last edited by Slaynorth; 2013-07-02 at 03:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Correct me if I am wrong, but there really isn't any reason to take glyph of reck anyways. Has this changed at higher gear levels? As I understood it, there is ALWAYS a better glyph choice due to how CS times work (same reason avatar is not an optimal talent).

Quote Originally Posted by sjsctt View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong, but there really isn't any reason to take glyph of reck anyways. Has this changed at higher gear levels? As I understood it, there is ALWAYS a better glyph choice due to how CS times work (same reason avatar is not an optimal talent).
    My understanding is that Glyph of Recklessness is only worth taking if you're chaining Skull Banners.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaynorth View Post
    You aren't doing anything entirely fundamentally wrong that I can easily spot, it's more a combination of lots of little and no so little gear issues (your simmed DPS isn't stellar), minor choice issues (like glyph of reck) and minor play issues. Here's my log for the same fight ( I'm currently ranked number 2 for Fury on 10HC Lei Shen).

worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-9snjlh3v8fflwac2/sum/damageDone/?s=9648&e=10202 (can't post a link yet, so copy and paste).

I'm TG as well, and the fight lengths were within 4 seconds of each other. Our damage percentages on Lei Shen, Ball Lightning and intermission adds are almost identical - but I do about 20% more damage to Lei Shen than you do. A large part of that is gearing - I had about 6 ilvls on you at the time of that kill, including the legendary cloak, and your simmed DPS is more than 10% less than mine.

One thing that stands out is you are getting about 10% fewer melee hits/using 10% fewer BTs over the same duration (I only have about 1% more haste than you do, so our swing speeds aren't much different). I suspect you aren't staying on Lei Shen as he's moved from platform to platform as efficiently as you could be, which explains the difference in melee swings. You don't even have a Monk using Provoke to move Lei Shen around at light speed like I do lol, so you should be able to stay on Lei Shen effectively with the mobility tools you have. My biggest concern is that you are getting about 25% fewer Raging Blows out, partly because you aren't using BT as often as you should and partly (this is a likely guess) because you aren't RB cleaving with WW as effectively as you perhaps could be (Bladestorm isn't up for half the ball lightning sets, so you should be switching to WW/RB cleaving for every other set, and my guess is you aren't doing that as well as you could be).

Another minor thing is that you used Thunder Clap on Lei Shen five times - Fury really shouldn't be using Thunder Clap in the first place, and on top of that, Lei Shen was the only mob to take damage so you used it single target - don't even know what that is about. Really no good use for T Clap as Fury at the moment, aside from cluttering your action bars IMO.

Also, doesn't look like you are applying Sunders, nor is the Rogue using Expose Armor, nor is the Hunter using a pet that applies that debuff. That makes a difference right there - I'd switch out your Glyph of Reck for Glyph of Colossus Smash at the minimum.

It's really a bunch of minor niggles, but lots of minor niggles add up. The biggest issues are in gearing and gear choices - you have a high ilvl and some really nice pieces, but you have some duds as well and the overall result could be a lot better with a few better pieces and a few refinements. But fundamentally, outside of your gear, you are doing fine - I could just as easily pick my own log apart with things that I did wrong and I have the number two on that fight.
    Thats what I have been waiting for mate.Thanks alot for these advices, I will practice.I changed my glyphs already. Now I need to think abit about gear updates

Deleted
    Im going to make an attempt at hijacking this thread aswell.
    So, im nowhere near 13/13 hc and my guild killed hc jin'rokh for the first time yesterday i did place 1st but i outgear everyone else in the raid team. Now the thing is i never seem to get alot of rankings as fury so there must be something odd going on here, i will post a log-bomb for those that have alot of spare time. My dps on most fights is decent at best and i dont know what im doing wrong.
    also i dont have nearly enough room for all the abilites that i should use in a raid situation i wonder how you guys place your abilites? And what do you bake into a macro?
    I cant provide you with any logs here as i dont have the permission to do so.

My opener usually go like this Shout>pot>Charge>bt>pop cds>dragon roar>cs>bt>rb>rb>br>rb
    after that the storm has calmed so to speak, i casually fill in with impending victory and wild strike, i try to save 2 rb charges for every cs and have br up incase of bad luck.

Follow the stickied guide, your opener is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by sjsctt View Post
    I believe tier helm + tortos shoulders is second best just behind DA helm +tier chest
    If I have Tier helm, tortos shoulders and tf ji-kun chest, whats the best option to get the 4 set? (have gaunts & pants)

Deleted
    Hello again guys.I made progress with "Slaynorth" advices.Here are my LS logs from yesterday kill Also I rolled hc token helm from twins, so I guess I will upgrade my Jikun hc chest or farm Raden's chest instead of getting stuff from Animus.
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/zf7ie...6&e=646#Shatzi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Juni View Post
    U're also going for a 60strength socketbonus in ur cloak and in Uroe, and a 60 mastery socketbonus in your gloves and missing out on 160 crit in all items because of it, and u can afford to lose some hit. Come on dude, run simcraft ONCE and see how much more worth crit is to ya.
    Because at a decent gear level its better to gem 160exp/160crit most of the times. Ofcourse only if you can reforge the exp into mastery!

Just FYI 220 Mastery > 160 crit, respectivly 160Mastery+60str > 160 crit.

Can't believe you guys gain 10-15K from the cloak! 544 ilvl frost DK and I gained <5k from it

Quote Originally Posted by burk23 View Post
    Because at a decent gear level its better to gem 160exp/160crit most of the times. Ofcourse only if you can reforge the exp into mastery!

Just FYI 220 Mastery > 160 crit, respectivly 160Mastery+60str > 160 crit.
    At 542 myself, and I disagree at the mastery>crit and mastery+str>crit. Sure, mastery is starting to catch up to crit a whole lot for me at least atm, so in the future it might be true. But atm I disagree and what i mentioned was more as a general thought more than anything seeing as I haven't sat down, simmed his char and then calculated his gear to optimize gemming/reforging (which, if anything, he should do himself)

But you know, do what u want.
    Last edited by Juni; 2013-07-05 at 05:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    Can't believe you guys gain 10-15K from the cloak! 544 ilvl frost DK and I gained <5k from it
    Frost scales like shit though. All 3 of our primary stats has a SEP of over .7.