Thread: MLD Comp

MLD Comp

Question!!

Some friends and I were going to start playing this comp... Mage/Lock/Druid. I'll be in the lock role. Decent at most of the specs, whats the strongest spec to play as a lock for this comp?

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Affliction.

Deleted
    affliction

All 3 work. If you're significantly better at one spec than the rest, stick with that.

Destro and Affli are both strong in this comp though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Destro > affliction with mages.

would love to see the reasoning behind people one wording affliction for this comp.

you are not snutz or azael and venruki..lol.

Affli....Now when chaos bolt hit like wet noodles ( 2 sec cast for 100k dmg with all CD up) , affli for spread dmg is better...

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post

would love to see the reasoning behind people one wording affliction for this comp.

Afflic brings dispel protection, that's more than enough to justify why they said afflic. It would honestly be better if the mage went fire for more stupid damage from both the mage and lock.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post

Aff. Dispell protection and its harder to shut down.
    If its was destro, I'd just tunnel the destro to make sure he'd get no casts off.

Im playing this at 2.1k rating right now. Absolutely Destro. Regardless of people saying in here about chaos bolt hitting like a wet noddle, there are many advantages destro brings in this comp. They are tanky as hell, and thus normally dont get focused as much. If they do get trained then the mage has room to do his thing. I promise you that if they are debating between mage and lock, they are way more likely to choose lock if your afflic. They have great self heals, more health ect. and ember tap has a nice synergy with hots when your healer is CCed. I love affliction and the type of gameplay it brings, but they are really squishy. Whats more is how the burst works with mages. If you might get kicked, you can literally just not risk casting bolts and double conflag with the mages deep. With darksoul this still can hit for 70-80k each, and more importantly soulburn. My mage ( with proper setup) can get someone to 20-30% ina deep by himself each time if he gets free reins to do dmg. You even adding only 70k to that and especially getting off the souldburn is really strong, and dangerous for the other team. This can sneak a kill or force major defensive each deep with proper cc

My mage is also fire.
    Dispel protection from the lock is nice, if they dispel deep it does a ton of dmg and silences. But you can cover deeps with one of the blankets, and soulburn/ tankyness is really really nice.
    Last edited by Myci; 2013-07-04 at 06:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Life Lesson #1 - People are terrible.

Don't let it get to you. It'll only spoil your own personal enjoyment if you do.