Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because Alliance will cry that we have a strong Warchief that might take over them. Stupid Alliance.

Deleted
    cuz we want blood and Thrall back has leader =D

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post
    Yeah? Well he didn't treat his allies like shit like lower then shit even.
    I'm confused, being an Orc what has Garrosh done wrong that grants him death?

Because the alliance would end up eventually crushing the horde. Taran Zhu allowing the horde to remain in the vale is contingent on the success of the revolution. If they just give up and say actually we're sticking with this guy, you can effectively add another race that wants to see the horde dismantled.

Plenty of other groups like, that from the various cenarion branches to more dangerous ones like Tirion and the argent crusade, as well as the kirin tor (already coming to kill garrosh), and the knights of the ebon blade. The longer you have a raving lunatic like garrosh at the helm, the more people you find lining up to take you down as you turn yourself into a cliched villain.

Quote Originally Posted by trav126 View Post
    OP by your logic we should have just let Adolf Hitler take over the world.
    Was he possessed by a Sha as well? There is always something new to learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    Grom never really had to deal much with non-orc allies. Grom also never had to micromanage the complexities of a very fragile alliance of convenience either, with sub-factions questioning or disaproving of your decisions to go to war, as warchief.

I don't think Garrosh 'deserves' to die either, he is pretty much the villain that Baine and Vol'jin have turned him into. Ever since Thrall appointed him as new warchief they've been boycotting and disobeying him, even in his own throne room declaring he wasn't their warchief anymore. What kind of reaction do you expect to get when you do something like that? In the most realistic scenario and if Garrosh truely had been unforgiving, he would've had Vol'jin slain right there and then, but he didn't. He let him walk away and let him do his thing down on his island at Orgrimmar's doorstep.

And Thrall? He just disappeared after Cataclysm... while he should've returned to offer counceling and keeping the Horde stable.

Garrosh' behaviour is what the Horde created and deserves.
    Some of the other characters like Baine ****ed up but that doesn't mean Garrosh isn't responsible for his own actions. He wasn't 'turned into' a monster by his fellow horde leaders, he became one himself over time. Garrosh does deserve death, he's done too much to both factions to simply be forgiven.

As for the whole grom/garrosh thing the only real similarities are that they're both aggressive and bloodthirsty, and both have the name hellscream. Their stories are very different.

He's not just an orc, he's the leader of the entire horde, which has 5 other races part of it now which he despises and makes death threats against every chance he gets.

For a political analogy. Think of the US president, who happens to be black. What if he decided one day that only blacks mattered and he went all Hunger Games on us and made everyone else work in the colonies to provide food and entertainment for the black people he left in the capital all while making comments about how he wished the rest of us would all die because black are superior to everyone and anyone who disagrees is a trator who desrves to be gutted and hung from the gates?

Yeah, I'd want that asshat to die, giving him a stern talking to would only get you an axe to the face.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by DanixAsc View Post
    Was he possessed by a Sha as well? There is always something new to learn!
    Neither is Garrosh.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by T Man View Post
    He's no orc. He's a bastard with no honour.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Because lecturing him has worked so well in the past.

Garrosh has never been a leader. He was good at inciting war in Northrend, which is what he was sent to do. But he was never a diplomat, which a Warchief needs to be in these days. His 'Orcs reign supreme' attitude can be seem written all over him throughout Cataclysm content, and what people seem to forget is that the Sha only empower emotions. Not instill them.

Garrosh's pride was always there. He always felt this way, the Sha of Pride is only bringing out the actions Garrosh wouldn't do if he weren't possessed. And that doesn't make him any better, he would still oppress the ever living hell out of every non-Orc race. Just not to the point of Genocide.

Garrosh was never a good Warchief. Glad to see him go.
    Garroshs' actions are not being influenced by the sha at all, this has been confirmed by the story people. Everything he does is 100% garrosh.

Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post
    Fuck that hes a disgrace to the Hellscream blood line is all I'm going to say.
    Your comments are getting more vulgar and much simpler than before.

OT:
    The reason is obvious, he have done TOO MUCH to be alive, everyone want him to be dead because he was killing innocents, treated his allies like trash, using power of the Old God, he just crawled his way.

Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    Why not just pound the Sha out of him, lecture him, he becomes a better Orc, and resumes his seat as a more passive Warchief? There are already too many quests and events related around Garrosh as a Warchief, so I'm not sure how those would play out with him deceased.
    wc1+2 was about humans vs orcs.

since wc3 its just the nations of azeroth against scourge and legion. In wow there are old gods and their armies, too. This is why he has to die. there is no room anymore for a war between orcs and humans. If its only about horde vs alliance garrosh would never die in a rebellion, besides he is strongest warchief of all time with that old god power and as a son of grom he was a strong orc to begin with. i am against this rebellion so i do not play anymore. ;>

And i do not think Garrosh is bad enough to justify a rebellion, he finally acts like a true warchief to begin with. former warchiefs often tried to assassinate someone who made trouble - like voljin - still no rebellion of that current ridiculous scale, happened.
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2013-07-02 at 05:05 PM.

Deleted
    Excerpt from Shadows of the Horde book:

So, I think, it be with Garrosh. Exalted because he was his father's son but hardly revered for himself or his actions, Garrosh was feared by many. He had learned that fear was an effective lash with which to keep subordinates in line. But not all of them cringed at the whip crack.

Not me.

Because Garrosh felt his position was due as much to his father's memory as it was to his own worthiness, he doubted his standing. If he could see himself as unworthy, clearly others could. I did, and I told him so. Doubt could be hidden, so anyone could be a potential enemy. The only way to eliminate them would be to conquer them. Yet all the conquests in the world would not silence that voice in his head that said "Yes, but you are not your father".

But Garrosh gonna never know peace. That means no one else will.
    SO only death will end it all.
    Last edited by mmoc6e272995a4; 2013-07-02 at 05:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Garrosh, a character who masks his insecurities, his doubts and fears and self loathing, with a mask of pride, rage, anger and fear.

Garrosh doesn't need to sha to infect him with negative emotions. Garrosh is already possessed with those negative emotions, being that which dirves him to his actions.

BUT, his fans and others don't understand this. They've thought they understood the character because they liked his outward brovado, so they didn't want to accept he had such faults at his core.

This is why when it comes to revealing all his negative qualities, his fans can't accept it, and even try to exclaim it as 'blizzard throwing this out of nowhere', where, like always, these are people that don't look hard enough at the characters themselves, only whats on the outside.

In short, you were all wrong about garrosh, because you didn't look hard enough at what he was, instead, you just lead yourselves to believe what he could be.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Oh. Another troll's bait *cough* I mean "thread" of Salandrin. Good, very good.

Next.

- - - Updated - - -

Doubt could be hidden, so anyone could be a potential enemy. The only way to eliminate them would be to conquer them. Yet all the conquests in the world would not silence that voice in his head that said "Yes, but you are not your father".
    Wrathion : "We spoke of your Warchief. His inner conflicts and his outer conquests."
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    The story of WoW in a nutshell:

WARchief: "Let's go to War!"
    Vol'jin: "Noooooooooooo! Noo! Nooooooooooo! NO! I will kill you!"
    Everyone: "The WARchief is doing WAR in WARcraft, how horrible! Let's kill him!"
    WARchief: "..."
    The story is no more focused on the Alliance and the Horde completely destroying each other by the times of WC2, that was excused because the orcs were the baddies there. You want this war lasts forever? That's your problem, but the game followed a different direction by the times of WC3. Deal with it.
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    If he'd been slightly more inclusive and less racist, but still totally bent on industry, exploitation of resources, acquiring ancient weaponry, creating awesome war-beasts with stolen flesh-shaping magic, and harnessing dark powers, I'd be 100% on board with Garrosh.

You may not have noticed but there is absolutely positively no Sha in him. The Sha of Pride (The last Sha left) was killed before you even step foot into Ogrimmar. The mind of Y'shaarj may have been present within the divided Sha but his heart is simply raw Necrotic power. Garrosh was arrogant and impatient and doubted all of Thrall's decisions before. Even was the first to rush to Violence after an Eredar was summoned at the tournament.

Quite simply he doesn't know when to quit, and right now like ever other moron who tries the "World Domination bit" he's writing a check too big for his wallet. Its either on his throne or on a Stormwind execution block.

Besides do you really want to be behind someone who thinks its wise to cut your total forces down to a 1/6th of their former glory and take on a force 12Xs (per race) your size. Damn that's stupid, but if you want to still follow him go ahead and I'll strip your epics off your warm corpse on my Gnome.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's more related to the limitations of an MMO. If the world had been more realistic, then we would have seen much bigger power and territory shifts and storyline development.

In Warcraft I, the "Alliance" lost half of their land and many major lore characters and leaders died or got tortured. In Warcraft II, the Alliance pushed back the Horde and old alliances broke and new ones were made.

In WC3 ... yeah, that's the big one. New factions were born, entire nations got exterminated, factions changed alliances several times. Entire factions had major overhauls and refound themselves in different ways, changing big parts of their culture to survive.

So yeah, it's the problem of an MMO. I don't really expect to see any grand interesting political or faction stories happening when everything needs to stay the same, when cities can't be burned and pillages, when territories can't be conquered, when factions can't change alliances, etc. If it had been possible, then they would've probably thrown some warmongering general in the Alliance and have the Horde wtfroflnoobstomp the Alliance so we end up with the Horde conquering many new lands and maybe then fracturing and new factions rising.
    Maybe, but the most important defining thing in WC3 was not the nations exterminated, but the clear understanding that despite animosity, grudge and distrust, humans and orcs were not anymore the good and the bad, but just two different faces of a coin, and the great enemies threatening them became any kind of evil power unrelated with them.

So it's normal that the moment the story run to a total war between them, that war will quickly run out, because in this kind of franchise the universal evil lose, not one of the two factions staying on the relative "good side". The total war and Garrosh bringing it has been a good excuse for move the story, it brought to the annilihation of Theramore and this civil war that is handled in a way that, for how I saw WoW years before, I thought would have been impossible to be properly put in the story, but most importantly, in the game.

If is utter and visible destruction that you want to see and dramatic changes in terms of stability and politics, something could always happen when maybe some big bad would bring destruction on Azeroth (something that could be shown just for some time thanks to the phasing technology) and I think that some city could be even destroyed, or some new land conquered, but regardless Alliance and Horde, in the end, have to remain a constant with similar powers, same number of races inside and similar number of lands conquered, both because is the structure of the MMO balance the two playable factions, but also because this is the kind of direction the game took by WC3: two "good" but still different sides defending the world and themselves by the various destructive and evil threats.

Yeah sounds a little boring always reading "the united efforts of the Horde and Alliance ensured the safety of the world", but at least, while the structure remained the same now (two factions that hate each other uniting against the big bad) at least Garrosh's storyline broke the status quo, and offered something different.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2013-07-02 at 09:02 PM.

Deleted
    The whole Hellscream line is a disgrace for the Horde, time to put him and all his relatives down for good.