Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Yea I know about them, but they arent linked to eachother. In tempest bay I only got like two wierd places I can go to, none of them in the old world... and as far as I understand from meridian to tempest bay is a long way... is it even possible without soul recall once you have spoken to the NPC?
    There's 3 options when you click a Porticulum, once you have unlocked one in th SL content: Take a Porticulum to Mathosia, Take a Porticulum to Dusken and Brevane, Bind my soul. To go from Tempest Bay to Meridian, choose the "Take a port to Mathosia", and the other one to go from Meridian to Tempest Bay.

Quote Originally Posted by gonterf View Post
    Trolling aside, as a Canadian it would certainly have made me happy if this event started a couple days earlier (the 1st), but lasted through the 4th - then both us and our american neighbors could celebrate our nationality in game, at least on NA shards.
    ya that would be pretty nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    There's 3 options when you click a Porticulum, once you have unlocked one in th SL content: Take a Porticulum to Mathosia, Take a Porticulum to Dusken and Brevane, Bind my soul. To go from Tempest Bay to Meridian, choose the "Take a port to Mathosia", and the other one to go from Meridian to Tempest Bay.
    Ok, will try it =)

Btw wasnt much event in EU, no questgiver at least in tempest bay and people just jumping around doing same ol... no fireworks anywhere :P
    Your lord is under attack! Your lord is under attack!

Yea I know about them, but they arent linked to eachother. In tempest bay I only got like two wierd places I can go to, none of them in the old world... and as far as I understand from meridian to tempest bay is a long way... is it even possible without soul recall once you have spoken to the NPC?
    In order to get to Meridan you need to select "enter the porticulum to Mathosia" at the menu and for tempest bay "enter the porticulum to breavane and dusken" they are in fact linked
    EDIT: someone beat me to the answer :P
    for your other question: you get the fireworks from clearing rifts. I did 5 hunt rifts in a raid today and got one firework in one of them--drop rate seems lowish.

Is this something that will happen in EU as well? And can you do it in tempest bay or you must arse your way back to the old world like meridian and such?=) There should be a fast teleport between tempest bay and meridian tbh.... now only time I will be able to get out of tempest bay is if there's some guild teleport or something. I dont like useless travel routes for the sake of useless travel routes... fast teleports between major cities, why on earth would you not have it?
    So, bring event to EU and tempest bay... might get to see some fireworks tonight then =)
    Umm, seriously? There IS a fast teleportation between Tempest Bat and Meridian. It's called the portcullum, from which you can teleport directly fomr Tempest Bay to any other portcullum in the world you have been to, old world and new world, including the one in Meridian. Unless they changed something in the time I have not ben playing.
    Rift - Lathais@Deepwood - 60 Rogue / Arrieleah@Deepwood - 60 Mage
    Check out this guide Guide for fresh 60's: The One Level 60 Guide - Updated for 2.5
    Check these out:Gaming/Computer Glasses
    My Multi-Touch Table Project

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Umm, seriously? There IS a fast teleportation between Tempest Bat and Meridian. It's called the portcullum, from which you can teleport directly fomr Tempest Bay to any other portcullum in the world you have been to, old world and new world, including the one in Meridian. Unless they changed something in the time I have not ben playing.
    Nope, you are exactly right. Combined with the fact that the Brevanic Port. Generator exists and you can purchase recharges for it, you can practically travel anywhere in the game instantly from anywhere else.
    BAD WOLF

It's likely he just didn't understand how to use the portals between the old and new world.

I recall back in my WoW days when TBC was out there was a way to teleport back to your home city from the shared town in Outworld. So it made visual sense and logical sense if you happened to be just walking around the place. In Rift you sorta have to just talk to the NPC and understand that the old world is Mathosia and the new one Brevic or whatever it's called.

Not that any of this is particularly taxing. I am just saying there is less hand-holding in Rift than some might be used to or expecting. At least when it comes to manipulating the game systems- travel, queues, ah., vendoring, dungeons, etc.