Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    Amazingly apropos, and well stated. Thank you.

Many Alliance players feel that the attention the Horde is getting is actually something we players appreciate. It isn't. CDev is putting us through the wringer. It's a good story, I'll give them that, but it is also heart-wrenching for anyone who believed in what the old Horde stood for.

Imagine for a moment if the "story love" the Alliance received consisted of: Varian has snapped and killed Moira for attempting her uprising in Ironforge, and has placed the entire city under marshal law. One of Varian's goons has shattered the diamond-Magni, killing him. The Gnomes have fled Ironforge and now are a scattered people. Velen has become increasingly distrustful of the darkened nature of the Worgen, and he is attempting to leverage his influence to oppose involvement in the Alliance. The Night Elves are engaged in a violent, internal war, with battle lines drawn between those pro- and anti-Highborne -- Magi versus Druids. Human commanders and generals are making deals with the Defias Brotherhood to attempt to overthrow Varian. Anduin is conflicted, caught between his love for his father and his love of peace.

Interesting story bits, sure... but would you feel good about playing through any of it? It's depressing stuff.
    I would *love* to play through that.

Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    Just for once I want the Alliance (not just some ex alliance commander) to get down and dirty and play the villain so we can save them for a change.
    Like Archbishop Benedictus or Fandral Staghelm, you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Shengar View Post
    Like Archbishop Benedictus or Fandral Staghelm, you mean?
    Who both fall into the category of ex alliance who just so happened to leave their factions to sign up with Ragnaros/Twilights hammer.

Horde as a faction always gets the bad stuff fall under our banner and responsibility, every alliance born villain (except Garithos and even then many alliance do not claim him as theirs) left the faction before going full villain.

Most horde characters who go villain don't leave the faction, or they consider themselves to be the "true horde" in typical Rend Blackhand, Kargath Bladefist, & garrosh style.

Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    Who both fall into the category of ex alliance who just so happened to leave their factions to sign up with Ragnaros/Twilights hammer.

Horde as a faction always gets the bad stuff fall under our banner and responsibility, every alliance born villain (except Garithos and even then many alliance do not claim him as theirs) left the faction before going full villain.

Most horde characters who go villain don't leave the faction, or they consider themselves to be the "true horde" in typical Rend Blackhand, Kargath Bladefist, & garrosh style.
    Well, there's Magatha Grimtotem, but I see your point.

Bloodsail Admiral Master Jinora's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynneiah View Post
    Well, there's Magatha Grimtotem, but I see your point.
    I don't think Magatha was ever part of the Horde, to be honest.
    "Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind."
    — Zaheer

Quote Originally Posted by LordKain View Post
    The warcraft movie is going to be from the Alliance point of view. Should us pro horde people be shouting "alliance favoritism"?

About as much as us Alliance shouting bout that band that plays horde :P.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

I think you can complain when the horde comes storming into your capital city to kill your leader. Until then all I see here is a bunch of crying.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinachsandwich View Post
    I think you can complain when the horde comes storming into your capital city to kill your leader. Until then all I see here is a bunch of crying.
    Meh, at least something will be happening on the alliance-side, and i don't really like king chin and his "Saturday morning cartoon morality lesson"-spouting brat of a son either, so i'll throw in Anduin for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinachsandwich View Post

Storming the capital you say?

Is it STORMING THE CAPITAL when your leader tells you that you're not there to devastate the Horde but to save it from a bad influence?

Is it STORMING THE CAPITAL when you're working side by side with those who're almost equally responsible for a considerable amount of the damage caused?

Is it STORMING THE CAPITAL when at the end of it all you just pack up your army and leave?

Is it STORMING THE CAPITAL when the story is written that said leader's people want him out probably even more than the other faction?

So tell me...just what do we have to feel happy about? It's tantamount to bringing a hooker home and being told you can look but not touch. Aka, very unsatisfying. You whine and whine about how you've been hit with the villain bat, yet when the other side counters that they've been hit with the stupid bat apparently you're whining is constructive while the other side is moaning for no reason.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

I play as an alliance character. I get to go into the horde's capital and slay their leader. I don't see what there is to cry about.