Page 1 of 5
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    They took our BL!

    http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/102351-drums-of-rage

    so they added a BL item to the game. I know that after mages and hunters got it, it was already devalued, but now, I can't think of any real reasons to bring a DPS shaman, a mage or a BM hunter anymore...

    /discuss.
    Because I want to say this every single day but don't want it to get a drag:
    1) The ingame store will only sell timesaver items. It won't affect balance.
    2) No, getting to 100 in half the time isn't pay2win. raids don't start until the second week, everyone has time to get there.
    4) getting charms faster is also not pay2win. getting those is easy, but not everyone has the time or want for dailies.

  2. #2
    Brewmaster Wiyld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Secret Underground Lair
    Posts
    1,458
    Quote Originally Posted by Temperance Brennan View Post
    http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/102351-drums-of-rage

    so they added a BL item to the game. I know that after mages and hunters got it, it was already devalued, but now, I can't think of any real reasons to bring a DPS shaman, a mage or a BM hunter anymore...

    /discuss.
    Really? You can't think of ONE SINGLE REASON to bring a hunter a mage or a shammy?

    I mean is this supposed to be a troll or are you just being extremely over the top and exaggerating?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

  3. #3
    I'm suppose to be scared that they made an item for groups that have a hard time finding a shaman or a mage in a pug? I'm not going to include hunters because it is very rare to find a BM hunter for a pug since you see mostly survival, that and some BM hunter don't care for the core hounds as a main pet. I don't think it was something that needed to be added at all, but oh well if it makes it live I'll still bring mages, hunters, and shaman to pug raids because of their class and not a single ability.

  4. #4
    ...what really? As a resto shaman in a 10 man heroic guild this will probably complicate my position even more....justification is already hard to come by. At this point I feel like the only thing going for me is I have great attendance!

    Also I want a item engineers can make to replace lock portals.... cuz those are OP on so many fights.
    Last edited by Rafal; 2013-06-27 at 09:13 PM.

  5. #5
    You still need to be a LW to make it, don't you? I assume it will be BoP. If so,not everyone will have it in a raid. If not, then yes, I guess everyone could have it. lol

  6. #6
    Raid/dungeon usage of these is fine... I'm worried about everyone and their dog running around in BGs and world PvP with Bloodlust at their disposal. Res at gy -> grab zerk box -> pop drums -> lololol.

  7. #7
    Have you see Enhancement Shaman DPS???? Also, Resto Shaman do extremely well. Not the best, but very near it.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostyfire14 View Post
    Have you see Enhancement Shaman DPS???? Also, Resto Shaman do extremely well. Not the best, but very near it.
    Not to mention resto brings good cds and is the only one that can give the 10% health increase.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostyfire14 View Post
    Also, Resto Shaman do extremely well. Not the best, but very near it.
    In what? Certainly not PvE or anything PvE related.

  10. #10
    Herald of the Titans Emfg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,690
    The item even has a lower CD, doesn't it? If I recall correctly my Time Warp has a 3 min CD xD

  11. #11
    Should at least be a 5 or 10 minute cooldown, not shorter than the regular spells. Not a fan of the item at all. I guess I'll be stockpiling whatever the mats are because they will sell like hotcakes.

  12. #12
    At first I thought Blizzard actually took away bloodlust/heroism from shamans completely, but no, they just added a BC item so everyone can essentially have it at their disposal. Perfect for soloing various bosses that they never had the luxury that us shamans/mages/hunters had. I'm fine with that.

  13. #13
    Herald of the Titans Aqua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    2,533
    Quote Originally Posted by Temperance Brennan View Post
    http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/102351-drums-of-rage
    I can't think of any real reasons to bring a DPS shaman, a mage or a BM hunter anymore...
    ...

    Not sure if serious or really believe this.

    So what, Holy paladins don't offer anything other healers and their tank/dps specs do either! I'm so sorry you've lost your snowflake status, must be hard on you but that's the way the cookie has crumbled.

    Try being more special-er than the other mages/shaman/hunters then! Put on that Rocky music and GET AMAZING at playing your class.


    That's the only way any other class gets work now guys... maybe battleres is another small selling point but overall that's really the only super special unique-ish skill left.
    Quote Originally Posted by savutitus View Post
    Yeah, it's always WAR WAR WAR untill..BY ALL THAT IS HOLY DO YOU SEE THAT ENEMY OVER THERE?? GLORIOUS LOOT!!!!!

  14. #14
    so they added a BL item to the game. I know that after mages and hunters got it, it was already devalued, but now, I can't think of any real reasons to bring a DPS shaman, a mage or a BM hunter anymore...

    /discuss.

    __________________________________________________________________________________________ ____________________________


    There's always the chance that it's going to be really rare though!

  15. #15
    Damn it now LFR will be even more annoying as any nabcake will pop hero on every single pull.............

  16. #16
    Pit Lord Eliot123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Chamber of Understanding
    Posts
    2,372
    Tbh it is not really about bring/not bringing classes with Heroism themselves as much as it is kinda stupid for the game as a whole, in my opinion. Raids will still bring their shamans/mages/hunters most likely, but if they will make it widely available for everyone regardless of class, profession, etc, then what is the point of any class having the spell? So they can use it without having to make the drum? Things like this are usually cheap in AH and have a bunch of uses before the item disappears.

    Imo they should make it 20% haste or something, slightly worse than the actual spell, or change the spell itself.
    Hello hello dps are you there? On Recount I don't see a thing, main tank has the healing debuff from the boss you see you see;
    Wha-a-at did you say? Vent is breaking up on me, sorry I can't talk now I am kinda healing; K-kinda healing, k-kinda healing...

  17. #17
    Nothing was taken.
    You will be brought along if you can be justified over someone else for more reason than a single button.
    You have the opportunity to prove your worth.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eliot123 View Post
    Tbh it is not really about bring/not bringing classes with Heroism themselves as much as it is kinda stupid for the game as a whole, in my opinion. Raids will still bring their shamans/mages/hunters most likely, but if they will make it widely available for everyone regardless of class, profession, etc, then what is the point of any class having the spell? So they can use it without having to make the drum? Things like this are usually cheap in AH and have a bunch of uses before the item disappears.

    Imo they should make it 20% haste or something, slightly worse than the actual spell, or change the spell itself.
    No, because people would then insist that x class bringing the full version comes along, because of a single ability.

    This is to reduce the need for mandatory classes.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2013-06-27 at 09:55 PM.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by bertieballs View Post
    Damn it now LFR will be even more annoying as any nabcake will pop hero on every single pull.............
    You realise this is a personal lust right? Read please

    Trying to figure out, whats the issue with this? This was in the game back in TBC, never figured out why they took it out. Its also a really good form of income for leatherworking, assuming it comes from that like all drums used to.
    Last edited by Shampro; 2013-06-27 at 09:57 PM.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    You realise this is a personal lust right? Read please

    Trying to figure out, whats the issue with this?
    Use: Increases melee, ranged, and spell haste by 30% for all party and raid members. Lasts 40 sec.
    Looks like you need to follow your own advice.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakisuaki View Post
    so they added a BL item to the game. I know that after mages and hunters got it, it was already devalued, but now, I can't think of any real reasons to bring a DPS shaman, a mage or a BM hunter anymore...

    /discuss.

    __________________________________________________________________________________________ ____________________________


    There's always the chance that it's going to be really rare though!
    Bring the player, not the class.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •