Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Not sure if mentioned or intended but when you make a double post and it gets added to your old post, the time your post was made updates to the time your second post was posted.

So if I make this post at 11:55 and come back 3 minutes later and add a post (and no one else posted), the black bar above the post will read 11:58 instead of the 11:55 the first time I posted.

It's a little weird for a guy like me who double posts all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Not sure if mentioned or intended but when you make a double post and it gets added to your old post, the time your post was made updates to the time your second post was posted.

So if I make this post at 11:55 and come back 3 minutes later and add a post (and no one else posted), the black bar above the post will read 11:58 instead of the 11:55 the first time I posted.

It's a little weird for a guy like me who double posts all the time.
    In addition to that, each time you double post, you automatically subscribe to that post and you have to manually unsubscribe after that.

15+ Year Old Account
    You should be automatically subscribed even with a single post, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    You should be automatically subscribed even with a single post, no?
    Nope.

When you double post, you get this little green "check" next to the thread title in the thread list.

That's the same thing you get when you manually subscribe to a thread under the "thread tools" button. This did 100%ly not happen before the update.

However, you never get to the control panel to actually configure how you want to be updated about new posts, so nothing really happens. It's just that this thread gets subscription status and this green info thingy shows up.

Quote Originally Posted by Baekhyun View Post
    Hasn't this always been the case? I have always been automatically subscribed to threads I post in.
    Uhm, no. Maybe you guys because you are mods... I wouldn't have written this if it was like this before the update. It also only happens when you double post.

Why would you automatically subscribe to a thread anyway? How annoying would it be to receive emails for each thread you posted in once? (which in this case does not happen at all. It's just a display bug, because you never actually tell the system how you wish to be informed about new threads. So basically it says you are subscribed, but you are in fact not really.)

Just want to toss out there I have never subbed for any thread nor been automatically subbed due to any sort of posting in a thread. I do have the setting set to "Do not Subscribe" in the settings menu so that is probably why. What's yours set to StayTuned? (it's Settings > General Settings)

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Just want to toss out there I have never subbed for any thread nor been automatically subbed due to any sort of posting in a thread. I do have the setting set to "Do not Subscribe" in the settings menu so that is probably why. What's yours set to StayTuned? (it's Settings > General Settings)
    Same as yours. It's disabled.

I can make a video of it happening if you guys want me to

Mine is set to "Do not subscribe", as can be seen here. Even though that option is set, I was just subscribed to 2 threads. Removed the subscriptions, made a double post in the Players vs Mods thread and this happened. Removed the subscription again, made a new post and didn't get subscribed this time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baekhyun View Post
    Hasn't this always been the case? I have always been automatically subscribed to threads I post in.
    There's an option on the General Settings that can enable that but the users that don't have that enabled still get subscribed after making an added post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    There's an option on the General Settings that can enable that but the users that don't have that enabled still get subscribed after making an added post.
    and this is still happening? We made a change that should have fixed it, so just wanted to make sure it was still happening.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by brentcopeland View Post
    and this is still happening? We made a change that should have fixed it, so just wanted to make sure it was still happening.
    I don't know. Let's see.

- - - Updated - - -

aaaaaaaaaaaa

Edit: It is still happening. Just got subscribed when I posted the 'aaaaaaaaaaaa'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    I don't know. Let's see.

- - - Updated - - -

aaaaaaaaaaaa

Edit: It is still happening. Just got subscribed when I posted the 'aaaaaaaaaaaa'.
    We just pushed a change that should hopefully fix that for you now!

10+ Year Old Account
    And thanks for testing it for us!

Facebook awarded some guy with a million dollars for finding a bug in their system.

Just sayin'

Deleted
    I'm having an issue right now, but I don't know if it's related to the update.I just created a thread, but it doesn't recognize my line breaks and just puts it all in 1 long string. even an edit doesn't fix it.I've placed every sentence in this post on a separate line with a whitespace in between to see if this happens again.edit: it happened again.

Lets see if it happens again (break)

I never had this before (break)

Does it work?

It works. What's your browser?

Deleted
    let me see if I still have it.

edit: it's no longer happening. must have been a fluke. my browser is Chrome 27.

15+ Year Old Account
    If that happens again, try clearing your cache. IIRC we saw a lot of people have that problem at some point when they had gotten a corrupted version of some file that persisted in the cache...