Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Looking forward to this patch! Always liked the whole 'sky ship' kinda theme and from the few pictures ive seen, it looks like its gunna be just that!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    erm, no. It's a horrible map unless you think that a 6cap is a balanced system ofcourse....
    as anybody who tPvP seriously and they will tell you that the play that can be had on Temple is one of the best in the game and it allows for great comebacks, the only thing that is unbalanced about it is the underwater skills of certain professions like Rangers, Mesmers and Engies (with their double healing), some of which was addressed this last balance patch. but once UW combat is balanced it could definitely replace like Khylo in the tournament rotations. and being 6 capped means you were just outplayed, balance has nothing to do with it as you have the same opportunities to 6 cap the other team, play better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    @Odeezee: I like the idea of getting the rewards in the home instance and giving you more things to do there... I'd just wish it would come along a city-revamp where we get lot's of stuff to do in the cities and reasons to go there.
    it does not have to be all or nothing, they could just build up to a city revamp over time, i would be fine with that. it's just got to start somewhere so why not with the next patch? "Divinities Reach was not built in a day", you are welcome.
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

If you think UW play on temple has any defining role you're horribly mistaken. You should never be near that water unless the buff is about to pop.

Also no you don't get outplayed just because you get 6capped. To me there shouldn't be a single mechanic that can turn the game around 100%. If you've consistently had a 2cap (and thus outplayed the other team) it shouldn't be possible for the other team to win due to coming out of a battle lucky. If you had a 2cap the entire time you'll get about 250 points vs 120 with a six cap it takes 40sec to make up that difference.

The reason I dislike the map isn't just because of the secondary objectives. My main issue is that it favors classes with vertical travel (mesmers/eles/thieves) over everything else and those three classes really didn't need to get any more advantages in PvP.

Deleted
    • Personal Quartz Node
    Once you complete the meta achievement for this release, your home instance will have a daily resource node, allowing you to harvest Quartz at your leisure . Quartz is a new material being introduced in this release and will be used to craft new recipes!

• Zephyr Sanctum Model
    Upon completing the Lessons from the Sky achievement, you’ll be awarded a miniature model of the Zephyr Sanctum which will allow you to view the ship at any time, even after it’s flown away.

Home instance getting some love!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I think fire is their go-to to make up for shoddy gear design. :P "How do we make it look less... boring? Let's add FIRE!"

The crystal (quartz?) pieces look nice, but they're still not anything I feel like I must have (just based on what I've seen). Honestly, I think the holographic wings are the only thing they've put out so far that I've really wanted and that's mostly cause I'm just nuts for wings in general.

If they ever put out something that's pretty, sexy, or even just cute that's not town clothing (not holding my breath at this point) I'd be thrilled, but I have no desire for my chicas to go around looking like one of the Flame Legion effigies. Although, I suppose I should reserve judgment until I see what the medium and light versions look like (<-- disclaimer in the very off chance the light armor is some kind of middle eastern/indian style fire dancer costume or something :P).
    should be a blue-fire glow for guardians as nothing really looks very guardiany

- - - Updated - - -

still dont care about achies

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    • Personal Quartz Node
    Once you complete the meta achievement for this release, your home instance will have a daily resource node, allowing you to harvest Quartz at your leisure . Quartz is a new material being introduced in this release and will be used to craft new recipes!

• Zephyr Sanctum Model
    Upon completing the Lessons from the Sky achievement, you’ll be awarded a miniature model of the Zephyr Sanctum which will allow you to view the ship at any time, even after it’s flown away.

Home instance getting some love!

Looks like they are building the home instance to be the new HoM for GW2
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Yeah it looks that way. Good idea if true. That home instance needed something to be useful. Hopefully we could get a portal stone to directly port there like the current HoM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Yeah, as excited as it can be for viewers to see, "ZOMG COMEBACK" it's generally just not the most interesting design from a competitive standpoint.
    It all depends on what team you're on, i know when me and my friends snipe the guild lord in Foe Fire and end up winning 500 -499 we're all super psyched and ecstatic at how great of a comeback we just made, same in silent storms and getting 6 cap on the enemy and ending up winning because of it. But then if the same thing happens to use my friends all fucking lose it and say how it's "Such bull shit, that should be removed from the game!" (i'm happy as long as the match is close and thus fun).

That being said, i'm going to do a backflip if they add an aquatic set of armor and gear i can use on my ranger!! I SHALL BE BROSIDON, GOD OF THE BROCEAN!!
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    I wished the Norn home instance would be more appealing though... it's imho just bad compared to the Charr and Human one. I don't know the Asura HI and I find the Sylavri HI disappointing too.

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    I wished the Norn home instance would be more appealing though... it's imho just bad compared to the Charr and Human one. I don't know the Asura HI and I find the Sylavri HI disappointing too.
    Where are you seeing what they look like?

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Where are you seeing what they look like?
    I think they mean what they look like now. The Norn and Sylvari home instances don't really compare to the Human and Charr home instances, in my opinion. The Norn HI is just a giant loft and the Sylvari HI while looking better than the Norn HI is still rather small compared to what is basically a good sized district of an even larger city when it comes to the Charr and Human home instances. The Asura home instance is pretty good in my opinion, it's spacious enough and it's also their lab which is neat.

Ah. Well, that's a little disappointing there isn't at least some option in backdrop. Ascalon is my favorite area, the Black Citadel not so much. It's going to be difficult to make that area look attractive. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I gotta agree, the Sylvari and Norn instances are disapointing, I wish that they all had more changes done to them, this quartz thing is making me psyched though!!
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last edited by Karizee; 2013-07-08 at 02:13 PM.
    Valar morghulis

This patch is gonna be BIG.

To bad the new zone is temp (though I find it ok since the whole zone is just a verticle jumping puzzle anyway)

but holy shit MARIO KART MINI GAME?

Smartest thing ever.

So looking at Bog Otter's run through, you can see that mundane items like leather sections will be able to be traded in for these new boxes. I went in and bought 1000 hardened leather sections at 8c. A few minutes later it had spiked to 18c each and looks like it will not stop rising. Finally a use for all that leather that I usually vendored because of the low price. Also, here's a preview of the new achievement page...

You can see that rewards start at 500 achievement points and looks like you get one for every 500 points.

Very excited for this patch.
    Last edited by carnifex2005; 2013-07-08 at 02:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    This patch is gonna be BIG.

To bad the new zone is temp (though I find it ok since the whole zone is just a verticle jumping puzzle anyway)

but holy shit MARIO KART MINI GAME?

Smartest thing ever.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oj_pCrvPDh4

How long before we see these new movement skills make their way into a PvP map? lol, looks so fun.
    Valar morghulis

How long before we see these new movement skills make their way into a PvP map? lol, looks so fun.
    The same time it takes before temp dungeons go into fractals and super adventure box makes a comeback....

I find the location of this new zone oddly strange...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    The same time it takes before temp dungeons go into fractals and super adventure box makes a comeback....

I find the location of this new zone oddly strange...
    I was thinking along the lines of we first saw jump pads with Super Adventure Box in April...
    Then jump pads in Dragon Ball in Dragon Bash
    Then jump pads in Hide No Secret for Sky Pirates
    Now jump pads in Skyhammer pvp map.

That map btw - omg! Going to be brutal with breaking those glass panes to knock people off in hahaha.
    Valar morghulis

That PvP map is going to be mass chaos. A giant lazer that one shots people and endless knocking people off cliffs?

Jesus...