Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

The reason blizzard nerfs us...

What is the reason you guys think Warlocks are always at the top of the totem pole for nerfs? I really just think blizzard doesn't like warlock's. Every patch or expansion we are just being nerfed and nerfed more and if we are buffed the amount of QQ overloads blizzard forums and we are nerfed within a month. But if other classes are over buffed they run rampant for a whole arena season. I am really debating on if I want to buy another 2 month game card with the up coming nerfs we are getting.

What are your guys thoughts on this?

Deleted
    Treat them mean keep them keen!

Deleted
    Because balancing both PvE and PvP is impossible. Also keep in mind that they mostly balance around PvE. Right now Warlock is really strong in ToT and after some PTR testing they seemed to be dominating every single boss there too. I haven't seen any guild vods where warlocks couldn't pick a easy #1 on meter. Tbh we still need affliction and demonology nerfs before 5.4.

Deleted
    No need for affli or demo nerfs, nerf mages for change!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Ehh umm what?

Warlocks are amazing, infact theres a guy on my server who actively tanks with 900k hp. Im not kidding.

In PvP their survivability coupled with high damage makes them a scary thing to come across.
    Whereas in PvE they are pretty high on the dps charts and they bring a massive amount of raid utility.

Plus you have JUST gotten a tailor made questline and a rework a while back. What the hell do you have to complain about?
    This^ 10chars

Infracted for spam
    Last edited by xskarma; 2013-07-02 at 09:19 PM.
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

In PvP their survivability coupled with high damage makes them a scary thing to come across.
    You clearly seem to have no idea of the current PvP situation.

Deleted
    Well Warlocks are pretty strong (= super OP) in PvP AND PvE so...

I just finished leveling my Warlock alt, those nerfs make me kinda sad, but it's hard to disagree that it's needed...

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh get over it, we have been nerfed to the ground at times, other times we have gotten buffs beyond belief. That's just how it is, adapt or give up.

15+ Year Old Account
    When was the last time Warlocks were actually below the middle point of PvE DPS? There's classes out there that have experienced being dead last :P
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    in pvp it depends on the comp and who your up against as it always has. Can locks kill monks or hunters on a regular basis? how about a decent warrior perhaps? Mages anyone? These classes are all extremely difficult to counter with all the interrupts and CC's they have. Not to say that any other class is easier to kill, these are just to name a few. If you have a good comp, you can take down a warlock team.

Quote Originally Posted by TDrog View Post
    Well Warlocks are pretty strong (= super OP) in PvP AND PvE so...

I just finished leveling my Warlock alt, those nerfs make me kinda sad, but it's hard to disagree that it's needed...
    ahahahah warlocks good in pvp?

Lol.... if you want to find a class that is paid attention to and is ALWAYS strong in PvE and PvP.... pick a warlock. They have never been weak in PvP, their survivability is through the roof now, easily highest of any dps class. They bring an insane amount of raid utility in PvE, and they have been near top, if not the top, of the meters for DPS all expansion. Don't even give me that crap.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkhean View Post
    Because balancing both PvE and PvP is impossible. Also keep in mind that they mostly balance around PvE. Right now Warlock is really strong in ToT and after some PTR testing they seemed to be dominating every single boss there too. I haven't seen any guild vods where warlocks couldn't pick a easy #1 on meter. Tbh we still need affliction and demonology nerfs before 5.4.
    neither afflic or demo need nerfs, with the change to kjc they would actually need buffs due to the fact that afflic was nerfed entirely around have KJC 100% of the time, they dont want that, nerfed KJC as a result, so it would stand to reason that afflic would get some minor buffs, and they have stated that they are considering moving some of the dmg from MG to the dots and haunt, meaning a potentially massive multidot buff. demo however needs changing and not nerfs. they need to change the mandatory need for UVLS for demo as it makes it easier to deal with in the future. after all you cant really nerf a spec based on it having a particular piece of gear when not every1 has 1, so they would need to change wild imp generation to that which it is with UVLS by making doom summon a wild imp every time it ticks and then put a cap on wild imps at 15-20. if they did that, then i might agree with minor nerfs, until then, demo doesnt need nerfs at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Vongimi View Post
    Lol.... if you want to find a class that is paid attention to and is ALWAYS strong in PvE and PvP.... pick a warlock. They have never been weak in PvP, their survivability is through the roof now, easily highest of any dps class. They bring an insane amount of raid utility in PvE, and they have been near top, if not the top, of the meters for DPS all expansion. Don't even give me that crap.
    locks are strong in pvp? i think most pvp locks would disagree with you on that 1, ive read plenty of threads about just how weak they are, sure their survivability is somewhat strong, but they cant lay down pressure worth a damn. and locks are hardly topdps on all fights, they do have the advantage of never being bad dps on any fights, something not all classes can brag about, each spec has their niche and that just happen to fit perfect with ToT encounters. also from your statement it is clear that you never played warlock in vanilla, if you did, you'd know just how wrong your statement is, coz if they have always been strong, then why did top guilds only bring 1 lock for raids? and that was only for coe.

its funny tho, every mage out there will say that blizz' favorite class is locks and every lock will say its mages, in this case locks would be right tho, no class have been as overly OP for as long as a mage, no class gets faster buffs than a mage, and no class gets slower nerfs than a mage, atleast i wish locks would get as slow nerfs as mages, coz then we could be OP for entire expansions instead of just a tier or 2.
    Last edited by mmoca748dddcc2; 2013-07-02 at 08:51 PM.

they buffed locks up when they revamped them and gave them loads of fun spells etc to get people to play them as they were the most unpopular class, then slowly over the course of the xpac they have brought them back into line with others.
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

Deleted
    loads of fun spells? id like to know what those fun spells are tbh. if you're talking about our highly situational demonic teleport and demonic gateway, then sure they are fun and all, but not really particually useful, only really useful on 1-2 encounters and even then they arent really needed, if you know what you're doing.

Deleted
    Whereas in PvE they are pretty high on the dps charts and they bring a massive amount of raid utility.
    You're right about us being strong in pve, but you're completely off the mark in terms of pvp, I remember a while back our arena representation of all our specs combined was below ONE spec from a lot of other classes, some of our specs had worse representation than PROT warriors, not sure how much things have changed since the pvp / resil rework, but considering we've mostly received nerfs since then, I'm not expecting it to have increased.

We're not doing great pvp-wise this expansion.

Plus you have JUST gotten a tailor made questline and a rework a while back. What the hell do you have to complain about?
    I want them to have not done the rework for affliction, since it completely broke it in pvp and I'm not fond of what it did to pve either. "Reworks" aren't always asked for, needed OR improvements.

Deleted
    well it never made sense to me to have a spec that is about putting dots on a traget and then have a direcct dmg spell as a filler that was from the destro school no less. the MG style affliction certainly makes more sense to me than pre-MoP affliction.

I honestly wanna know where some of these people get the idea that we're super awesome in pvp atm, really guys. In pve we're exceptional, maybe not the best.. but exceptional.

Come on OP. If you're going to create a thread like this at least contribute to it. "QQ Blizzard hates my class," is not a logical conclusion as to why Warlocks have been nerfed. You speak like Blizzard developers are one collective entity - that there are not individuals within the balancing team who love Warlocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikusu View Post
    Come on OP. If you're going to create a thread like this at least contribute to it. "QQ Blizzard hates my class," is not a logical conclusion as to why Warlocks have been nerfed. You speak like Blizzard developers are one collective entity - that there are not individuals within the balancing team who love Warlocks.
    Ya it's not really a hidden agenda on blizz's part, or a constructive post for that matter.