Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    From a PvE standpoint it's hard to argue against nerfs. Expect more on the horizon looking at how Demo performs on the PTR right now. Then again, they could also just nerf UVLS.

Seriously?

I don't pve, but looking at world of logs (to my knowledge a good indication of pve dps), Warlocks are literally top ranking among dps (non tanks) on pretty much every boss, hell on some bosses all of the top 10 spots are warlocks. Then I read threads like that one about soul leach how locks can take 0 damage through an entire raid through their absorbs? How can that not be OP?

And locks are fine in pvp right now; they were weak early in the expansion but they definetely aren't right now in 5.3. This remains to be seen in 5.4 with the changes they are getting, but now they are fine. In fact, the 2nd most popular 3's comp over 2200 is ele/lock/rduid. I wouldn't say they are necessarily OP, but they are not weak.

Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    Seriously?

I don't pve, but looking at world of logs (to my knowledge a good indication of pve dps), Warlocks are literally top ranking among dps (non tanks) on pretty much every boss, hell on some bosses all of the top 10 spots are warlocks. Then I read threads like that one about soul leach how locks can take 0 damage through an entire raid through their absorbs? How can that not be OP?

And locks are fine in pvp right now; they were weak early in the expansion but they definetely aren't right now in 5.3. This remains to be seen in 5.4 with the changes they are getting, but now they are fine. In fact, the 2nd most popular 3's comp over 2200 is ele/lock/rduid. I wouldn't say they are necessarily OP, but they are not weak.
    Soul Leech only appears overpowered because of a combination of current encounter design which emphasizes huge bursts of damage infrequently, and the vast majority of our mitigation being great at preventing huge, infrequent bursts of damage.

Stick a warlock in an encounter with constant ticking damage and it won't look nearly as OP.

As for ranks, a huge amount of the top WoL ranks are Affliction back when people were en masse abusing the Soul Swap bug. You can hardly say that those are representative of anyone, much less all warlocks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    Seriously?

(last 4 encounters are dominated by tanks).

Seems balanced-ish outside of Primordius / logs that were broken super hard by the SS bug. We're certainly strong, possibly a bit too strong - but someone's got to be top of the list, not sure we're at a position that justifies any nerfs bar UVOLS.

If you look at the fights that we DO rank on, destro is often being hoisted up there via it's AOE potential (durumu, primord, horridon, tortos rankings I'm presuming have bat AOE), or demo - which is entirely dependent on UVOLS to perform it seems.

Not sure I agree with locks being fine in pvp either, destro is in a really stupid place right now at least - I've not had time to try affliction, but I think the next patch will be a lovely buff for affliction pvp with howl baseline and no-snare KJC, so I'm not too bothered about how it performs right now. The revamp has made a complete mess of warlocks though, from MG filler to Chaos Bolt, it looks like a glaring case of the revamp focusing entirely on pve and not seeing how messily it translated into pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    well it never made sense to me to have a spec that is about putting dots on a traget and then have a direcct dmg spell as a filler that was from the destro school no less. the MG style affliction certainly makes more sense to me than pre-MoP affliction.
    Because our filler back then was just that, filler - our dots were actually capable of doing something on their own.

It made more sense to me when THE dot spec of THE dot class, was capable of putting out dots that actually did something without a terrible channeled filler being required to be active to achieve anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Because our filler back then was just that, filler - our dots were actually capable of doing something on their own.

It made more sense to me when THE dot spec of THE dot class, was capable of putting out dots that actually did something without a terrible channeled filler being required to be active to achieve anything.

This really can't be stressed enough. Malefic Grasp may technically be a "filler", but it deals the bulk of Affliction's damage which is why it's such a big deal to have MG interrupted compared to Shadow Bolt or Drain Life of the past.
    Those who you know as Warlocks are your Salvation through Destruction. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Plus you have JUST gotten a tailor made questline and a rework a while back. What the hell do you have to complain about?
    Blizzard slowly reverting it piece by piece? Seemed pretty obvious to me.

Anyone that says Warlocks are Strong in pvp has no clue what they are talking about. We cannot put out any pressure at all unless we are being left alone and pop cds. But lets be honest I only PvP and every game whether is 2s or 3s I am the target that is sat on no matter what comp I run. After my defensive cds are over the game is pretty much over. Some of the top warlocks in the game are inactive and have been due to how bad locks are right now. Its sad they keep buffing OP classes and nerfing the ones that need buffs makes no sense. Lets give ferals 30-40k bleed ticks but warlocks dots are going to tick for 14k crit... Makes sense!!!

People need to stop complaining. Go play a shaman if you want to play a truly nerfed class. Sick of people crying over nerfs when there are 1 or 2 classes that are already nerfed to dust.

Quote Originally Posted by dashflash890 View Post
    People need to stop complaining. Go play a shaman if you want to play a truly nerfed class. Sick of people crying over nerfs when there are 1 or 2 classes that are already nerfed to dust.
    LMAO sorry that you cant seem to global someone as either ELE or enhancement!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't play PvP on my lock, but honestly in PvE I think we are doing just fine, if not great. So no complaints here Blizz nerfs and buffs all classes over time. It will change, this isn't the last time Blizz will ever make changes to warlocks. Just hang in there.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen a Lock with 650k health in a BG, completely destroy everything in a 5v1...The fucker wasn't even in full Tyrannical, that's proof enough they need to be nerfed. As for mages, they're a support class at best, and are only good in top ranked gear. I cannot do fuck all on my mage in pvp. I just sit in the back hoping no one turns their attention to me.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Natixcat View Post
    What is the reason you guys think Warlocks are always at the top of the totem pole for nerfs? I really just think blizzard doesn't like warlock's. Every patch or expansion we are just being nerfed and nerfed more and if we are buffed the amount of QQ overloads blizzard forums and we are nerfed within a month. But if other classes are over buffed they run rampant for a whole arena season. I am really debating on if I want to buy another 2 month game card with the up coming nerfs we are getting.

What are your guys thoughts on this?
    lol....same thread different class, go check....everyone complains about every class change

you need a nerf. seen your survival and dps lately?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ive been playing on the PTR other than the Soul Leach change not much is different for affliction right now. You cant cast UA or haunt while moving anymore but SS gets dots up and in pvp i use haunt as my "burst" and in pve it doesnt really matter too much as i only use haunt when i have huge buffed dots. prolly hit destro harder because not being able to cast our long ass chaos bolts while moving. i dont see the big deal with the soul leach nerf though nobody takes it for pvp and for pve with damage being predictable its not like youre gonna die unless u stand in shit for 30 seconds then u deserve to die. plus chances are your healers are healing you passively with aoes.

Yet every ranking dps site has mages higher than locks. Personal experience may differ from guild to guild. But in the grand scheme of things, mages need dps nerfs before locks do. Ghostcrawler plays a mage (as the joke goes), so that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Applenazi View Post
    Blizzard slowly reverting it piece by piece? Seemed pretty obvious to me.
    Reverting what? Warlocks need some nerfs. They aren't nerfing them to the ground. People love being overpowered. No surprise there. And they cry when they aren't op anymore. They're reverting nothing. THey are changing things. Oh, and yeah. Warlocks got their own tailor made questline to...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Desareon View Post
    I've seen a Lock with 650k health in a BG, completely destroy everything in a 5v1...The fucker wasn't even in full Tyrannical, that's proof enough they need to be nerfed. As for mages, they're a support class at best, and are only good in top ranked gear. I cannot do fuck all on my mage in pvp. I just sit in the back hoping no one turns their attention to me.
    While I have to call bullshit on "completely destroy everything in a 5 v 1" 650k hp is a little bit stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    "We get nerfed after a month of QQing"
    Tell me more about how you've been OP for the entirety of MoP

Quote Originally Posted by Natixcat View Post
    Anyone that says Warlocks are Strong in pvp has no clue what they are talking about. We cannot put out any pressure at all unless we are being left alone and pop cds. But lets be honest I only PvP and every game whether is 2s or 3s I am the target that is sat on no matter what comp I run. After my defensive cds are over the game is pretty much over. Some of the top warlocks in the game are inactive and have been due to how bad locks are right now. Its sad they keep buffing OP classes and nerfing the ones that need buffs makes no sense. Lets give ferals 30-40k bleed ticks but warlocks dots are going to tick for 14k crit... Makes sense!!!
    You realize its the exact opposite right? 2 weeks ago there were no lock comps in the top 10 most popular now ele/lock/druid is 2nd most popular. Locks are flying up the charts in pvp because affliction is strong right now (that and they counter ferals/hunters/rets fairly well). Affliction overall damage is only beaten by unholy dks right now in 3s, and they have very strong cc with spammable fear and others, especially while moving. Utility with healthstone and gateway is kinda silly. Like I said, they may not necessarily be OP but they are certainly not weak.

And what do you mean "buffing the OP classes"? Ferals, hunters, and spriest are all getting nerfs next patch. Affliction remains to be seen, probably an overall nerf though. I have a feeling they aren't done with locks though.

Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    When was the last time Warlocks were actually below the middle point of PvE DPS? There's classes out there that have experienced being dead last :P
    Dragon Soul Cataclysm, especially pre-DS nerfs (they ended up scaling pretty well with gear once they had near BiS).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dashflash890 View Post
    Going to say the same thing to you as I do to the shaman heal complainers... Class balance doesn't work like an "us versus them" system. Why don't you go explain what is wrong with your class instead of trying to drag other, better designed classes down?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    Dragon Soul Cataclysm, especially pre-DS nerfs (they ended up scaling pretty well with gear once they had near BiS).

- - - Updated - - -

Going to say the same thing to you as I do to the shaman heal complainers... Class balance doesn't work like an "us versus them" system. Why don't you go explain what is wrong with your class instead of trying to drag other, better designed classes down?

Nobody wanted me for DS i was forced to play my rogue. Which i only leveled when our rogue asked what rupture was.