Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    In PvP their survivability coupled with high damage makes them a scary thing to come across.
    If anything we lack survivabillity against cleaves, which dominate current arena.

well it never made sense to me to have a spec that is about putting dots on a traget and then have a direcct dmg spell as a filler that was from the destro school no less. the MG style affliction certainly makes more sense to me than pre-MoP affliction.
    no it doesent. mop ruined the dot part of the multidot class, pre mop the dots were the damage; in mop everything is tied to MG
    Last edited by mmoc4f448e7a9a; 2013-07-03 at 09:36 AM.

Deleted
    revamps do not mean buffs.
    no one asked for an entire class redesign in MoP. No one asked for a shitty green flame quest whose dev time could have been put into fixing bugs.

This is stuff that was thrown at us to increase warlock numbers. Nothing was needed, apart from bug fixes, which never saw the light of day.

Their DPS and talent problems the devs are encountering at the moment are the result of their very poor design and lack of long terms overarching design strategy. (ie, KJC then 'omg we don't want people to cast and move').

Deleted
    It's because first they make gear that works very well for us :P

Then they go like, Oh, how did this happen? O.o

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eiffeltower View Post
    revamps do not mean buffs.
    no one asked for an entire class redesign in MoP. No one asked for a shitty green flame quest whose dev time could have been put into fixing bugs.

This is stuff that was thrown at us to increase warlock numbers. Nothing was needed, apart from bug fixes, which never saw the light of day.

Their DPS and talent problems the devs are encountering at the moment are the result of their very poor design and lack of long terms overarching design strategy. (ie, KJC then 'omg we don't want people to cast and move').
    they pretty much redesign classes every xpac. EVERYONE LOCK AND THEIR MOTHER ASKED FOR GREEN FIRE.

Deleted
    You're not always on the top of the totem pole for nerfs? Please, in the timeline of WoW, warlocks have been OP for more than they have been underpowered, be happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lince View Post
    You're not always on the top of the totem pole for nerfs? Please, in the timeline of WoW, warlocks have been OP for more than they have been underpowered, be happy.
    Wouldnt being op be the top of said nerf pole? you dont nerf underpowered classes

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dawawe View Post
    Wouldnt being op be the top of said nerf pole? you dont nerf underpowered classes
    OP is QQing about being OP then being nerfed and not understanding how balancing works. Be happy your class spends a vast majority of his time being OP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    My thougts are that Locks are very well represented in top Arena teams, as they have been throughout the years not just one Season. Teams with Locks are also winning Tournaments all over the place. That is for PvP.

For PvE, they are topping Meters on a lot of Fights and on others they are never Bottom, for Example Council of Elders and Megaera have 19 Warlocks out of 20 in the World top Ranks.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/...f_Thunder/dps/
    Do you understand how worthless those logs are?

Council and Magaera are COMPLETELY pointless to look at, since they were from abusing the SS bug that was around, that bug isn't there anymore.

Primordius is the one encounter where locks do dominate the rankings that's worth mentioning, and that's mostly due to destructions strong AOE.

Deleted
    I bet gc is going to nerf demo due to most will change to it in 5.4
    Cuz we dont want everyone to go same spec!
    NEERF ERNERF NERF NERFE NERFENRF
    Nah, we are pretty good in pve, decentish in pvp if you are good

Deleted
    Warlocks has been top 3 PvE dps (mostly nr. 1) ENTIRE MoP expansion.
    At start it was affliction with sac who simply was the best dps spec.
    Now Demo with UVLS is ahead of everything.
    We are a must have in every raid comp. Nobody beats a warlock in a raid, because we bring so much.
    Healthstones
    Battle ress
    Gateway (!!!)
    Amazing dps

10+ Year Old Account
    PvE

http://www.raidbots.com/dpsbot/
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/...f_Thunder/dps/

Those two seem to be the best sites to look at when trying to look up DPS. Guild logs and personal logs are almost virtually useless because of how messed up they can be due to gear/skill differences. Now just using those two alone and if there is another website that compares DPS please link it, warlocks are doing well. I personally only care about 10M heroic and looking at that warlocks are exceptional on three fights, two as affliction and one as destruction and if you knew how Primordius works you would realize why destruction is even good for that one fight. If anything affliction multi-dot should be nerfed a tad with it's single target being buffed while destruction should just be buffed, demonology seems to be in a fine place.

PvP

Look at the arena ladder and RBG ladder for your own battlegroup but here is mine.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/pvp/?battlegroup=rampage

Looking at this there are no "popular" warlock 2's teams, the only place warlocks are actually popular are in 5s teams. Warlock survivability is more than adequate for PvP and their damage is good in a rated battleground/random battleground. In arena situation (2v2 or 3v3) they need more single target burst to really be threatening, that or to play against a bad team. Personally I am fine with how warlocks seem to be right NOW, that said the changes coming make me kinda cringe to a degree ~_~

If you have any better method rather than personal experience of judging the games PvE and PvP please link it so it can be used. If NOT, these are pretty much what we have to work with even if you call them useless for whatever random reason.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkhean View Post
    Because balancing both PvE and PvP is impossible. Also keep in mind that they mostly balance around PvE. Right now Warlock is really strong in ToT and after some PTR testing they seemed to be dominating every single boss there too. I haven't seen any guild vods where warlocks couldn't pick a easy #1 on meter. Tbh we still need affliction and demonology nerfs before 5.4.
    The Main reason locks are OP on the PTR are: Demo -> ULVS -> All gear scaled for 520 for Everyone.

About Affli nerfs? Not really, we have our nerf with KjC already.
    Demo? Perhaps, I think they will nerf ULVS to the ground, or make some change to Doom.
    Last edited by mmoc66c44a2f62; 2013-07-03 at 11:45 PM.

Because some warlock stole Ghostcrawller's girlfriend (or boyfriend) at the end of The Burning Crusade xpac
    Who cares?
    They are nerfing us all time since TBC, BUT we will survive!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Desareon View Post
    I've seen a Lock with 650k health in a BG, completely destroy everything in a 5v1...The fucker wasn't even in full Tyrannical, that's proof enough they need to be nerfed. As for mages, they're a support class at best, and are only good in top ranked gear. I cannot do fuck all on my mage in pvp. I just sit in the back hoping no one turns their attention to me.
    I saw Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny in the arena, destroying all.
    Santa Claus threw gifts hitting 190k and beat Bunny threw stun eggs.
    For the God sake, stop talking bullshit ... a 650K warlock is using soul link or using the voidwalker buff.
    Wakup and ltp.
    Ghostcrawler is gone, time to celebrate!

I think warlock get nerf because hi level very strong but i think most warlock do no understand how to play hi level

Deleted
    Only thing that needs a nerf is UVoLS, so they can better adjust the numbers

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgottenone View Post
    two as affliction
    Which, again, are completely unreplicable since they were done via the SS bug - using them as a basis for anything is folly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Observare View Post
    No need for affli or demo nerfs, nerf mages for change!
    They will never nerf mages. Only deter them. Just look at Arcane. Crappy at the beginning of ToT. Doing pretty well now in testing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kingpinwlock View Post
    The Main reason locks are OP on the PTR are: Demo -> ULVS -> All gear scaled for 520 for Everyone.

Demo? Perhaps, I think they will nerf ULVS to the ground, or make some change to Doom.
    Um.... A lot of the locks I have seen that were testing already have close to a 545 or 539 iLv in full heroic thunderforged upgraded gear. 520 tells them nothing. They should test it with 540 iLv to get a better picture of what damage will be when the raid first comes out.

Deleted
    they pretty much redesign classes every xpac
    never this drastic and game mechanic breaking.
    rip affliction

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingpinwlock View Post

Sorry, but i cant help but laugh
    Mage tears *i suspect* Are delicous

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    In PvP their survivability coupled with high damage makes them a scary thing to come across.
    If only