Poll: What would you do?

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

What would your reaction if the next expansion is Legion based?

Lots of strong speculation that its going to be legion-based. If you're not playing, would that make you re-sub? If you're playing now, would you quit? Vote!

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely keep playing. I've been wanting a return of Burning Crusade style of expansion for far too long. MoP was nice, but Asian themed game doesn't really fit for me.
    | i9 10850K | RTX 3080 Ti Aorus | Z490 Aorus Ultra G2 | Corsair 32GB DDR4 3600MHz | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Seagate BarraCuda 6TB | Corsair HX1000W Platinum | Cooler Master H500M

Deleted
    they couldn't bring us back to vanilla, so they bring back the legion. Which I would welcome with open arms.

I think this would make me resub. Left if Cata, and tried MoP for a while but wasn't really feeling it. I miss the high fantasy/space themed artwork of BC. Pretty excited if this turns out to be true.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moguri View Post
    I miss the high fantasy/space themed artwork of BC.
    Likewise, some would find it distasteful, the whole space/science vibe.
    Metzen mentioned that once that BC didnt have the "original fantasy" vibe to it, so thats why they went with Northrend
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

More concerned with the content of the next expansion than the setting. I think I would be more surprised if it wasn't something to do with the legion at this point.

Deleted
    I don't know. Perhaps I'll keep playoing, perhaps not. (Even I love the current expansion).

But to be honest, to fight again Burning Legion will be not my cup of tea because I feel It will be something like again "Joining together like greastest universe heroes against a same universal nasty demons who kill puppies" without Alliance/Horde/other faction interactions and not "Lores" like Ulduar or Lorewalkers.

That's Burning Crusade made me feel...

I feel like this poll is just dumb. I don't think players see the expansion theme and go rage quitting. A expansion is about a compelling hook, new features and updates, it doesn't matter if it's about the Legion, or the High Seas, or the Emerald Dream or wherever. Cataclysm didn't failed because the villain was Deathwing; it failed because it's game features were not strong/compelling enough.

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    I feel like this poll is just dumb. I don't think players see the expansion theme and go rage quitting. A expansion is about a compelling hook, new features and updates, it doesn't matter if it's about the Legion, or the High Seas, or the Emerald Dream or wherever. Cataclysm didn't failed because the villain was Deathwing; it failed because it's game features were not strong/compelling enough.
    I actually quit because of MoP. and I wasn't the only one.

I'd come back if the next xpac had a ''darker'' theme.

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    I certainly can't speak for everyone, but 100% of the reason I didn't play MOP was because of the theme. I just can't get into a RPG if I don't like the theme. Everyone I used to play with said they'd be excited to return if it was a Burning Legion expansion.

I have unsubbed but still play some when I am bored. I won't return for the next expansion if it is legion based, except maybe if they add demon hunter as a playable class. If the add demon hunters I would have to wait and see what the class is like before I choose wheter to buy it or not.

Deleted
    Subbing is not based on a theme, it's based on whether the game is worth playing or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quitting once rome comes out in September. So to me whatever they put into a future expac is rather irrelevant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by moguri View Post
    I certainly can't speak for everyone, but 100% of the reason I didn't play MOP was because of the theme. I just can't get into a RPG if I don't like the theme. Everyone I used to play with said they'd be excited to return if it was a Burning Legion expansion.
    Despised the theme in mop but played for a few weeks. The payable beta for all and frankly laughable theme killed my vanilla guild though. I don't think the theme would necessarily reignite the franchise though. They need to reach higher and revamp the gameplay to some spectacular extent.

10+ Year Old Account
    i dont like change, when u have gotten used to stuff they always change it =o so delay it aslong as possible

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    It would be awesome and I'd keep playing, but I'm pretty sure that the next expac is going to be South Seas/Azshara. Of course, with Azshara they could include a Legion invasion by way of Nazjatar, since she was the one who summoned them in the first place.

It'd be interesting to see what bullshit they come up with to justify not giving the draenei new lore.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by segoplout View Post
    Subbing is not based on a theme, it's based on whether the game is worth playing or not.
    But you have to admit, if an expansion sounds enticing, it will surely grab a good portion of resubs even for a little bit, whether or not it's actually good.
    Man, I've got bags under my eyes... BAGS OF MONEY!
    See ya later, peasants.

Praise The Sun!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sys01 View Post
    Definitely keep playing. I've been wanting a return of Burning Crusade style of expansion for far too long. MoP was nice, but Asian themed game doesn't really fit for me.
    This.

I like MoP, and it's a good expansions overall, and MUCH MUCH MUCH Better then cataclysm, but how good it might be, it's not my cup of tea, just give me TBC styled expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course I'd keep playing. The Legion, to me, are the most fun type of enemies to fight. Also with the return of the Legion that would mean more space stuff like in Burning Crusade so that would make it even better. Who knows it might even beat MoP for my most favorite expansion.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe