Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    We've fought Old Gods before, and Garrosh is not even on that level. Plus Varian has a pretty solid record of kicking Garrosh's ass all over the place when they 1v1, so there's that. I'm pretty sure that most of the other powerful lore characters who could take him will be involved too. Credit for the kill is going to be something like "Varian, Vol'jin, Baine, Jaina, [insert rest of the list of NPCs here] , and a group of adventurers who assisted them."

Also, remember that Garrosh is only empowered by an Old God. It's not like we are fighting Y'Shaarj himself. Or, at the very least, we're not fighting Y'Shaarj at his full strength.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    What makes you think he's going to survive this? Neither faction has a reason to spare him.
    'Cause it's boring that everything just dies and since theres no confirmation on anything I just like to assume things. It makes you feel sad that I assume things?

Most of you seem to not understand during our previous encounters we were helped by immortal powers(The Aspects for Deathwing, Tirion for Lich King, etc). We are not having any kind of this power to our side when facing Garrosh during the end of the encounter.
    "Yes, I'm one of those GW2 fan boys who quit WoW and never even played GW1."[/IMG]

Not to over simplify things but you put the pointy end of the stick into the other guy.

The Old Gods were not Gods. Just really big monsters. Y'Shaarj is dead thats why his heart isn't attached to anything.

Garrosh is at best Cho'gall 2.0 only with more brand loyalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    snipes? without the dragon soul deathwing wouldn't of hidden and ran from the alliance ship he would of burnt it to a crisp and eaten us whole and summoned the cataclysm.
    Yeah....heavens forbid we would have had a real fight with him..instead of "lol your tentacles are showing"....just for a change of pace..and you know, a feeling of actual accomplishment, how about we let the PLAYERS actually kill a final boss? No help...no "haha, i remember how to bubble now" or "pew pew dragon soul /by our powers combined Captain Aspect crap"..no dragons fly in to sacrifice themselves to save us...no other lore characters stick their noses in to "help"..we dop it..on our own...theres a novel concept

Quote Originally Posted by Curanhadin View Post
    I think Medivh could have. Malfurion probably could at least wound one, other then that cant think of anyone else. The aspects at full strength may have as well.
    If it took an army of Titans to defeat and chain up all Old Gods, how can Malfurion even come close to even wounding one? The Old Gods weren't even Allied when the Titans fought them so who knows, maybe if there was an Old God Alliance they probably may have won and beat the Titans.
    "Yes, I'm one of those GW2 fan boys who quit WoW and never even played GW1."[/IMG]

I'm sure we will see people like Varian, Jaina, Vol'jin and Thrall in the fight helping us. Even if it's just for lore purposes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmazingFeedz View Post
    I have been thinking, when we are fighting Garrosh at the end of the raid, how do us alone, being Alliance and Horde even together, stand chance against an Old God powered Garrosh?
    We have killed 1 Old God powered ogre and 2 Old God powered Old Gods. How is an Old God powered orc stronger than that?

Quote Originally Posted by Kilpi View Post
    'Cause it's boring that everything just dies and since theres no confirmation on anything I just like to assume things. It makes you feel sad that I assume things?
    No, but it would be a giant cop out to come up with a contrived reason for Garrosh to come out of this alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    We have killed 1 Old God powered ogre and 2 Old God powered Old Gods. How is an Old God powered orc stronger than that?
    I completely forgot about Cho'Gall, but the we didn't kill the Old Gods, just put them back to sleep. When we encountered the Old Gods they weren't even in their primal sate, they weren't even at a fraction of their full potential power.

No, but it would be a giant cop out to come up with a contrived reason for Garrosh to come out of this alive.
    He's gonna save us from the legion next expansion, strucking the KB on a powerful demon/old god whatever and somehow dying and protecting us!

Just like his father

In all honesty though, if you listen to Garrosh audio files, I think it's pretty clear that he dies.

All debate regarding the power of the Old Gods is pure speculation because of how vague blizzard defines their powers. Logically there is no way in hell the player characters combined with all the mortal heroes of Azeorth (Not aspects/demi-gods) would be able to do much damage to an old god. It took the combined power of many titans to imprison them and titans hold the power to create and destroy entire worlds with ease, as they could have done if the events in Ulduar worked out differently.

However, the actual powers that old gods have are also extremely vague. Why do they use other races to fight their wars? If they are so powerful why don't they just move across the world destroying everything in their way. This is what leads to the assumption that C'thun and Yogg only had a small percentage of their actual power when we fight them. Although this can also be counter-argued because trolls were fighting the old gods before the titans imprisoned them and yet their tactics were exactly the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixteen18 View Post
    All debate regarding the power of the Old Gods is pure speculation because of how vague blizzard defines their powers. Logically there is no way in hell the player characters combined with all the mortal heroes of Azeorth (Not aspects/demi-gods) would be able to do much damage to an old god. It took the combined power of many titans to imprison them and titans hold the power to create and destroy entire worlds with ease, as they could have done if the events in Ulduar worked out differently.

However, the actual powers that old gods have are also extremely vague. Why do they use other races to fight their wars? If they are so powerful why don't they just move across the world destroying everything in their way. This is what leads to the assumption that C'thun and Yogg only had a small percentage of their actual power when we fight them. Although this can also be counter-argued because trolls were fighting the old gods before the titans imprisoned them and yet their tactics were exactly the same.
    Trolls were fighting the Old Gods? Can you provide me with a source?

I know they fought the original bug empire before it splintered off into the mantid, qiraji and nerubians, think they were called the aqir? I forget. But I'm not sure if they did so before the old gods were imprisoned.

I know they fought the original bug empire before it splintered off into the mantid, qiraji and nerubians, think they were called the aqir? I forget. But I'm not sure if they did so before the old gods were imprisoned.
    It was after during the War of the Shifting Sands, when they had help from the aspects(I believe), so it was after the Titans imprisoned the Old Gods and before they found out C'Thun had awakened.

15+ Year Old Account
    http://www.wowwiki.com/The_Twin_Empires

Here ya go.

The Gurubashi and Amani empires had little love for one another, but rarely warred against each other. At the time, their greatest common enemy was a third empire - the civilization of Azi Aqir. The Aqir were intelligent insectoids who ruled the lands of the far west. These clever insectoids were greatly expansionistic and incredibly evil. The Aqir were obsessed with eradicating all non-insect life from the fields of Kalimdor.

The trolls fought them for many thousands of years, but never succeeded in winning a true victory over the Aqir. Eventually, due to the troll's persistence, the Aqiri kingdom split in half as its citizens fled to separate colonies in the far northern and souther regions of the continent.

Two Aqiri city-states emerged - Azjol-Nerub in the northern wastes, and Ahn'Qiraj in the southern desert. Though the trolls suspected that there were other Aqiri colonies beneath Kalimdor, their existence was never verified.

With the insectoids driven into exile, the twin troll empires returned to business as usual. Despite their great victory, neither civilization expanded much further than their original boundaries. However, ancient texts speak of a small faction of trolls that broke off from the Amani Empire and founded their own colony in the heart of the dark continent.
    Last edited by apepi; 2013-07-03 at 03:51 AM.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    They beat the insects, never the Old Gods themselves. What you quoted had no mention of Old Gods at all, just the race they would later shape their respective insectoid minions from.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    That was before anyone even knew C'Thun was still alive or awakened. I don't think at that time C'Thun even controlled the Aqir.

I have been thinking, when we are fighting Garrosh at the end of the raid, how do us alone, being Alliance and Horde even together, stand chance against an Old God powered Garrosh? From what I have been reading, near the end of the encounter he absorbs all of Y'Shaarj's power(Correct me if I'm wrong), so how are we powerful enough to defeat him? It took an army of Titans to kill Y'Shaarj so how can just a small group of mortal soldiers kill it again? Is it just a fraction of his power?
    We heroes of the Alliance and Horde have pooped scarier !@#$ than Garrosh. The orc with the tiny head is going down. Just saying.

Deleted
    I completely forgot about Cho'Gall, but the we didn't kill the Old Gods, just put them back to sleep. When we encountered the Old Gods they weren't even in their primal sate, they weren't even at a fraction of their full potential power.
    They were at their full power and have been vanquished, you can deny it all you want, but those weaklings are dead and gone.