Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Battle.net Desktop

Who else just got a beta invite?
    This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I suspect they are going to slow open it up to everyone who wants in, which is what they have done with the last few releases they've done.

The app is really nice, I'm just waiting for them to enable chat!

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    I got a question about this, does this mean we won't be seeing any login screens anymore?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    I got a question about this, does this mean we won't be seeing any login screens anymore?
    No it just means you won't see your launchers anymore you will still see your logins however to actually launch the game you need to open the client everything else remains the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post
    No it just means you won't see your launchers anymore you will still see your logins however to actually launch the game you need to open the client everything else remains the same.
    As far as I have understood, they are going to remove login screens as well.
    -You open the BNet Desktop
    -You type in your account info and log in
    -You select the game you wish to play (WoW, SC, D3), or start up the chat if that is what you want.
    -It will take you directly to the startscreen (character selection, homepage, character selection)
    -Chose character/mode and play

CCP (EVE Online) just made a simmilar launcher (not including chat, and only for 1 game), and you now bypass the games login screen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Icebear View Post
    -You select the game you wish to play (WoW, SC, D3), or start up the chat if that is what you want.
    -It will take you directly to the startscreen (character selection, homepage, character selection)

CCP (EVE Online) just made a simmilar launcher (not including chat, and only for 1 game), and you now bypass the games login screen.
    i like that alot, allthough i would miss the login screens, they are a small thing that i always love to see when a new expansion is announced =P

Btw i do not hope this requires you to use their website etc everytime to do that.

I hope it's just 1 launcher on ur desktop that contains all blizzard games etc.

And i hope it has a chat function too =D

10+ Year Old Account
    He just said it has a chat function.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    He just said it has a chat function.
    It does but it is currently disabled.

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    As of today, it's not even that complicated. Once you log in to the battle.net launcher it's optionally possible to have it minimized to your tray. So click your tray, right click the b.net icon and a list of games comes up. Launch the client and if you picked one of the games, that screen is what's visible. There's a big blue box at the bottom of the screen that says =PLAY=. Click that and you end up at the character screen. It's very neat.

Apparently patches and the like will download in the background so you shouldn't have to fool with that. Since I've had it I haven't seen it pause for hotfix patches yet so I'm assuming they're taken care of. Just click on play and you're in. Pretty much exactly lthe same for D3.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-07-03 at 12:16 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    As of today, it's not even that complicated. Once you log in to the battle.net launcher it's optionally possible to have it minimized to your tray. So click your tray, right click the b.net icon and a list of games comes up. Launch the client and if you picked one of the games, that screen is what's visible. There's a big blue box at the bottom of the screen that says =PLAY=. Click that and you end up at the character screen. It's very neat.

Apparently patches and the like will download in the background so you shouldn't have to fool with that. Since I've had it I haven't seen it pause for hotfix patches yet so I'm assuming they're taken care of. Just click on play and you're in. Pretty much exactly lthe same for D3.
    I heard they wanted to do the same for WC3, is that correct?

Deleted
    I hope they DONT do it that shit - i want my wow to stay portable...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    I heard they wanted to do the same for WC3, is that correct?
    I'll have to look when I get home. I'll get back to you. I don't remember seeing it but I haven't really poked at it very hard except for D3/WoW. I remember something about that as well and would fully expect it at some point if it's not already there.

EDIT: Right now the beta client is only supporting WoW, D3 and SC.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-07-03 at 01:51 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by ADman319 View Post
    Who else just got a beta invite?
    Since no one else is answering your question. Yes, I got a beta invite a couple hours ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    I hope they DONT do it that shit - i want my wow to stay portable...
    Well, I believe they are going to do it but that doesn't necessarily mean that you can't dump WoW onto a flash drive and run it directly from wow.exe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzick View Post
    Since no one else is answering your question. Yes, I got a beta invite a couple hours ago.
    I though it was kinda implied in my response that I was in the beta, same with MoanaLisa.

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I though it was kinda implied in my response that I was in the beta, same with MoanaLisa.
    Yeah, but we kinda allready were in, so if there's indeed a beta wave going out that didn't apply to us.

I know they send you an e-mail, but is there anywhere in my account I can check as well?

I've had the Launcher for the past few weeks and this is exactly how it works. I'm just waiting for them to enable chat
    Last edited by reohh; 2013-07-03 at 02:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wow1912 View Post
    I know they send you an e-mail, but is there anywhere in my account I can check as well?
    If you go to your main screen there's a list of all the games you have on your account, in that same list, as the last entry, should be the desktop app entry.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as it doesn't screw up my Battlenet account or the cilents I have for my games I'm going to be ok with it.
    Oh and it kinda reminds me of Steam for a few things to, and it would be interesting to if Blizzard put on the Blizzard Store and had some things you could buy on there and then you could redeem it on your games.
    For the Horde!