Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Hunter Professions

    How am I seeing a 2.8k dps INCREASE by switching from engineering to herbalism as BM in FD ? Disabling lifeblood nets me a 4.4k dps loss.. is lifeblood really worth that much ? Is FD simming that shit wrong or is haste really THAT far ahead ? Or is FD not simulating the use of synapse springs along with BW ? I mean it's possible that I made a mistake in simming it but I don't think I did.. Would like some input from zeherah..

    Could be just FD overvaluing haste but it shouldn't be that much of an increase going from engi - herb..
    Going on that topic though, what now is the best profession combo ?

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoron View Post
    How am I seeing a 2.8k dps INCREASE by switching from engineering to herbalism as BM in FD ? Disabling lifeblood nets me a 4.4k dps loss.. is lifeblood really worth that much ? Is FD simming that shit wrong or is haste really THAT far ahead ? Or is FD not simulating the use of synapse springs along with BW ? I mean it's possible that I made a mistake in simming it but I don't think I did.. Would like some input from zeherah..

    Could be just FD overvaluing haste but it shouldn't be that much of an increase going from engi - herb..
    Going on that topic though, what now is the best profession combo ?
    Edit* I'm dumb looked at the wrong lifeblood spell.

    With the (correct) numbers, haste would have to be 1.3x that of agility which I haven't seen them to be even yet in my simcrafts. In FD though I am seeing swapping to lifeblood being a 2.3k dps increase. However, in Simulation Craft its a 2k DPS loss. Disabling lifeblood is another 1.2k loss.
    Last edited by Teucer; 2013-07-03 at 05:04 AM.

  3. #3
    Not seeing this with either BM or SV in FD. Are you un-enchanting Synapse Springs?
    Main - Spirál - Hunter - 11/14 10H SoO - 13/13 10H ToT (Retired)
    Alt - Rerolling - BrM Monk

    Ex-GM of <Convicted>/<Ginyu Force> on US-Stormreaver
    http://www.sr-ginyuforce.com/home - Kill Videos
    Hunter Simcraft Profile Generator web tool

  4. #4
    Engineering + anything that gives 320 main stat.

  5. #5
    yup.. unenchanted.. doesn't show up in the gear bonuses.. yet I still get those numbers.. if you're not getting the same results, could it be just FD being same ol FD and grossly miscalculating haste ? But when I try and switch out my deft's to 320 haste gems, that shows up as a loss.. hence my confusion..

    I took out engineering completely.. had just JC and no 2nd profession.. took off the enchant.. and it showed a loss of 2089 dps.. That itself is surprising, cuz i'd imagine it being more than just 2k dps.. Now I replace the empty profession slot with herbalism and bam.. 4898 dps increase..

  6. #6
    HAHA I just did it as well.... 2800 DPS increase.

  7. #7
    see.. wtf is this shit.. ZEHERAAAAAAHHH!! (*tells commissioner gordon to put on the female dwarf signal)

  8. #8
    FD in my experiences has never been accurate at anything. Especially when it comes to Haste and CD timing. There's actually an option for "maximum time to delay readiness" and doesn't let you go higher than 20 seconds. That's how bad it is with cooldowns.

  9. #9
    sims overlook haste. this isnt new. now that we have PPM i would guess thats wrong but is prolly right because on tank and spank fights haste would be better when PPM ítems are present.

    thing is, there are no fights like that right now unless you do normals.

    i droped JC and went eng with bs and i saw a huge dps increase as bm, as SV is the same since SV have no cds to take advantage of eng. fights like leishen also take advantage of eng, since there are 2 periods of time where you just sit there and do nothing unless you are in the chain platform.

  10. #10
    Question... right now I am Enchanting and Alchemy. I've been pondering for a while now to switch Alchemy for Engineering. And now that new Engineering mount... makes me want to switch even more. Female says its actually a DPS decrease, so I'm assuming its inaccurate.

    So my questions.. how much of an estimated DPS increase is it? Is it only the gloves that provide the increase? What shots do you macro your gloves into?

  11. #11
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,466
    Quote Originally Posted by Puerto View Post
    So my questions.. how much of an estimated DPS increase is it? Is it only the gloves that provide the increase? What shots do you macro your gloves into?
    As BM, you would macro the gloves with BW. It's certainly not a huge dps increase over other primary professions (like alchemy), but for those that feel they want that 0.01% extra it's there.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Beace View Post
    As BM, you would macro the gloves with BW. It's certainly not a huge dps increase over other primary professions (like alchemy), but for those that feel they want that 0.01% extra it's there.
    It's actually very big. I'd say 2-3k increase over other 320 stat professions as BM. As I said in my previous post, FD is retarded at cooldown stacking and will not do it properly. It's a good program for other things but not what you're looking for.

  13. #13
    I was gonna drop my insc for engi and the same day blizz release the SoO trinkets and make that notion go away...stupid CD reduction trinket that'd put BW and synapse out of sync.

    Hunter PoV HC SoO videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/shanattah
    Hunter PoV stream: Twitch.tv/Shanattah

  14. #14
    The Patient Varum93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    England!
    Posts
    322
    840 DPS for me as BM wtf haste must be really good lmao

  15. #15
    The engi glider alone is worth at least 5k DPS.

  16. #16
    The Patient Varum93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    England!
    Posts
    322
    Quote Originally Posted by Conando View Post
    The engi glider alone is worth at least 5k DPS.
    where does this help in raids or PVP

    Rocket boots on the otherhand could start to tilt the scales.

  17. #17
    it's cuz when you glide during a raid, other raiders are so enamored by it, that it pushes them to do more damage..

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by shanattah View Post
    I was gonna drop my insc for engi and the same day blizz release the SoO trinkets and make that notion go away...stupid CD reduction trinket that'd put BW and synapse out of sync.
    dont think BW is going into that.

    as far i can tell is:
    rapid fire
    camo
    disengage
    deter

    not sure but i never saw BW going into it. so trinket so far seems garbage for hunters unless you need that 40 sec camo.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Perrito View Post
    dont think BW is going into that.

    as far i can tell is:
    rapid fire
    camo
    disengage
    deter

    not sure but i never saw BW going into it. so trinket so far seems garbage for hunters unless you need that 40 sec camo.
    the PTR version for BM is Rapid fire, Camo, Deterr, BW and Disengage atm with 6th not out

    edit: 6th is out as Stampede apparently
    Last edited by shanattah; 2013-07-04 at 11:34 AM.

    Hunter PoV HC SoO videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/shanattah
    Hunter PoV stream: Twitch.tv/Shanattah

  20. #20
    zeherah y u forsake me ?!?

    And nice.. I like stampede being one of them.. would make it a not so shitty cd anymore if the cd is reduced..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •