Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    Unholy DKs have a pet.

The closest you can probably come to a melee hunter spec is enhancement shaman. You can summon ghost wolves for a short time. Monks also have Xuen but its more kung fu than weapon combat.
    I really would not call what unholy DK gets a pet. They don't get stables, they can't spec it, they can't name it, they can't tame others, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrindor View Post
    I really would not call what unholy DK gets a pet. They don't get stables, they can't spec it, they can't name it, they can't tame others, etc.
    If thats the case then only hunters have pets because no other class can do anything but summon them and mind control some mobs. Hunters are different but other classes have pets, semi controllable creatures that do damage for the player.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrindor View Post
    No melee class in the game has a pet.
    Unholy DKs say hi ^^
    "If the people who are trying to destroy this world aren't taking a day off, then why should I?"

-Bob Marley

agree with larry01, i think the first impression of a MM hunter is a "Sniper Hunter" and about surv, something like a ranger! =D

Tbh I enjoy having a pet. i honestly don't see the big deal with having a petless spec. yes they're pet bugs left and right from time to time But honestly Hunters are here with pets and i don't think it should have a petless spec. Stampede, Dire beast, Tame Beast all become meaningless then.

I always play ranger type characters but only if there's no pet, I remember when people would go Bunny Thumper with the Ranger in Guild Wars and I've never liked pets since. I'd like it if MM was petless, I just hate having my utility and damage tied to something external.
    One cannot simply quit wow his way into Mordor.

It would make specs feel different finally. I want BM to be melee too.

I wish only Beast Mastery had a pet. While Survival and MM focused on the ranged aspect of the class.
    Mako is still better though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gungrave View Post
    Well a hunter doesn't really need a pet to hunt...

anyways it would be awesome for marksman to be a pet-less spec.

maybe through glyph/talent somehow. so it can be an option.
    Lore wise orcs always took wolves with them to hunt.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vuaasshh View Post
    agree with larry01, i think the first impression of a MM hunter is a "Sniper Hunter" and about surv, something like a ranger! =D
    I don't think "sniper" really fits in to wow does it?

I'm probably gonna get shot here for saying it but I reckon rogues should get a ranged tree.

As for hunters, I'd love them to be more spec specific. BM obviously with multiple new skills. Heck, Maybe only 1 or 2 ranged skills - rest pet control. If you want a melee hunter this would be the spec for it. Maybe even have a seperate skill tree for Ranged/melee pets. MM - no pet & multiple new bow only skills. Surv - similar to BM but with multiple Trap skills incl buffing/debuffing raid/boss.

Hunters and Rogues could definitely benefit from a "Warlock style" redesign.
    Many that live deserve death. Some that die deserve life.

Pets are one of the big reasons I love my Hunter so much. They add a lot of personality and room for expression (your pet says a lot about you, etc.).

I would not be against MM being a "petless" spec though, so long as it doesn't become the only correct choice for raiding.

do i want it? no. would i care if mm went petless? no, either. however using a sacrifice mechanic would be pretty pointless as it would completely negate important aspects of the class (bringing buffs, using abilities through pets).

i'd rather just see a model where the pet is still present but not involved in damage anymore. only a support and guard mode.

Slightly off-topic, but a bored Hunter walks into a bar. The barkeeper says:

I'll admit, this was a lot more fun than I thought it would be. But I think it's just the novelty of doing something you're not supposed to be doing. Much like how I was doing Cataclysm heroics with warglaives on my Rogue.

I believe a hunter's pet is iconic and needed, period.
    If i wanted to play a demon hunter... i'd play Diablo.

It would be cool but it wouldn't change the playstyle at all. BM would still have a pet and in the other two specs you don't have to control your pet at all in PvE situations and very rarely in PvP.

Honestly I would love, Ive never been a fan of pets. However I enjoy the hunter class more than I dislike pets, plus Im specced PVE Surv and PVP MM so pets are just kinda there for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by balir View Post
    I'm probably gonna get shot here for saying it but I reckon rogues should get a ranged tree.

As for hunters, I'd love them to be more spec specific. BM obviously with multiple new skills. Heck, Maybe only 1 or 2 ranged skills - rest pet control. If you want a melee hunter this would be the spec for it. Maybe even have a seperate skill tree for Ranged/melee pets. MM - no pet & multiple new bow only skills. Surv - similar to BM but with multiple Trap skills incl buffing/debuffing raid/boss.

Hunters and Rogues could definitely benefit from a "Warlock style" redesign.
    BM should turn into a melee spec, not only would it match the WC3 hero but it would make the hunter class have a different spec.
    just have most of the skills transform for that spec and modify them accordingly.

give them a new buff which takes damage reduction as if wearing a shield, focus regen buffed, lose cobra and maybe have a skill which boosts focus regen or gives a flat amount and some spec only skills to bring them in line with melee classes.

If anything Hunter's shouldnt be like Demon hunters at least MM. MM hunters would be more like Ghosts from Starcraft. minus the Nuke.

Personally having a hunter pet was one of the main reasons I chose the hunter class so long ago. I'd be okay with it being a glyph, but I wouldn't want a spec to be a petless spec.
    Friend Code: 4570-7432-6960. Add me if you want to play some Pokemon.