Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by InsertStrangeNameHere View Post
    yes but with troll and ENGI u pretty much get the best of both worlds.
    I'm not quite understanding the logic here, care to elaborate?

Deleted
    As always people overestimate the relative value of racial perks (for example the difference between Troll and Orc) or profession perks. Unless you're in the progression race, and even then..., any racial combination will work, just like any crafting profession combination will work.

Deleted
    Forsaken ist a bad choice for PvE, because by looking so extremely good, your toon might distract you from encounter mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by InsertStrangeNameHere View Post
    yes but with troll and ENGI u pretty much get the best of both worlds.
    No you don't, because you're not counting in the racials extra bonus combined with engineering, or that an orc can pick up another profession to benefit him.

Also, orcs get a bonus to pet damage as demonology.
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Are you really looking for logic in a game that sends you dragons via the mail service?...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    the 20% buff to haste for 10 secs is nice as a troll but really it's not going to raise your dps to obnoxious levels. Racials never really have, it might make a huge difference if you run a perfect rotation 100% of the time. But if you slack off, it doesn't really matter whether you have that extra 10 second cooldown or not.
    This is correct, but OP wasn't asking for the exact dps difference between the racials, but which one is the best. And troll definitely is.
    And if you're curious for numbers: I did a Sim in my currect gear (ilvl 542) and the difference between Troll/Orc/UD/Blood Elf is +11k/+6.5k/+3k/+0k. So if you're interested in getting the maximum dps out of your character then I'd suggest to go with troll. If you don't care for maximizing it then pick w/e you like best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DPA View Post
    No you don't, because you're not counting in the racials extra bonus combined with engineering, or that an orc can pick up another profession to benefit him.

Also, orcs get a bonus to pet damage as demonology.
    but since at higher ilvls most locks are using sac that 2% is useless.. the orc racial is +2.?k SP...SS from ENGI is 1.9k SP ALMOST the same as the orc racial so ..going troll with ENGI is almost like being orc as well but with meta gem..lei shen trinket..ENGI gloves ...frag belt ...pot..BotH and troll racial the overall increase is actually pretty large ...like someone posted above me..its roughly 10k give or take

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    I'm sorry, but your logic is entirely too logical and just no damn fun. Gnomes are THE best lock to have for a demo lock, for the simple fact that no other race goes from itty-bitty to OMFGDEMONSIZE! like a gnome. That alone is worth all the bonuses and dps you can shake a stick at.
    tldr:I be gnomin, and they try punting, and I RAWRRRRRRRRRRMETACRUSHTHEM!!!!!!!!!!
    lulz yah worgen (troll on horde)...sorry, I had a moment.
    I can't argue with that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    the 20% buff to haste for 10 secs is nice as a troll but really it's not going to raise your dps to obnoxious levels. Racials never really have, it might make a huge difference if you run a perfect rotation 100% of the time. But if you slack off, it doesn't really matter whether you have that extra 10 second cooldown or not.
    I have found racials make the biggest difference when leveling. Touch of the grave, for example, is the most amazing talent for a foresaken until about level 40 or 50 when it starts to become negligable.

(not related to warlocks but the Pandaren well fed buff makes playing a Shaman or Priest or Mistweaver Monk [spirit=hit] really easy to level as well, since all low level food is Spirit/Stm. I be like 1% hit or expt bonus for a drainei/human/gnome? PUHLEEEZ try an 8% hit bonus!)
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2013-07-18 at 04:15 PM.

Would it matter if narrowed down by spec?