Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Jin'rokh HC and ionisation

    Hi guys,

    Does anyone know if grounding totem can be used to catch ionisation on jin'rokh HC? We're starting on him tonight so am looking for tips and help.

    Cheers!

  2. #2
    Nope, at least it doesn´t work for me.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormhelm View Post
    Hi guys,

    Does anyone know if grounding totem can be used to catch ionisation on jin'rokh HC? We're starting on him tonight so am looking for tips and help.

    Cheers!
    I dont know what spec you are, but you can dispell yourself with the shamanistic rage glyph and it is ultra handy to help your healers out a lil

  4. #4
    Nope grounding totem doesnt work.Just pop stone bulwark totem before ionization runs out, you'll be fine.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Gendori View Post
    I dont know what spec you are, but you can dispell yourself with the shamanistic rage glyph and it is ultra handy to help your healers out a lil
    I wouldnt really recommend it tho, the dispell goes first, so you still take full damage before SR activates and then you dont have SR for storms, which is gonna be probably more problematic part of the fight than calling for dispell or runing out of water for 1st timers.

  6. #6
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Magtheridon
    Posts
    127
    The ionisation is probably the easiest part of the fight. It all comes down to communication among your raid team. If you are resto just run out and dispel yourself (assuming you are at roughly full hp) then run back in while dropping a healing rain. I use stone bulwark totem.

    If you are Elemental/Enchancement run out of the pool pop a defensive/priest bubble and just call to be dispelled. Popping Shamanistic rage with the glyph will just remove the debuff, but you'll still take the damage. Cloak-AMS-Iceblock-Pali Bubble are all good for stopping the player from getting Ionisation.

    The key to this fight is surviving the lightning balls phase.

    Just make sure you are as close to full hp before being dispelled.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    I wouldnt really recommend it tho, the dispell goes first, so you still take full damage before SR activates and then you dont have SR for storms, which is gonna be probably more problematic part of the fight than calling for dispell or runing out of water for 1st timers.
    i do it for every ionisation, first i drop stone bulwark, then i use SR, works perfectly.

  8. #8
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Magtheridon
    Posts
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by orderschvank View Post
    i do it for every ionisation, first i drop stone bulwark, then i use SR, works perfectly.
    I find Stone Bulwark is enough, but each to their own I guess

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavemoss View Post
    I find Stone Bulwark is enough, but each to their own I guess
    the SR is to get rid of the debuff.. not the absorb the damage

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by orderschvank View Post
    the SR is to get rid of the debuff.. not the absorb the damage
    And that precisely doesnt really make sense... you still have to run out of the pool for dispel, but you waste SR CD, instead of just running out of the pool at the end of the debuff and having SR ready for storm.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    And that precisely doesnt really make sense... you still have to run out of the pool for dispel, but you waste SR CD, instead of just running out of the pool at the end of the debuff and having SR ready for storm.
    because our guild does things differently? omg! diff strats, INCONCEIVABLE!

  12. #12
    Whatever you do, don't glyph Shamanistic Rage and then hit it while you have the debuff and are still in the pool. Our former Ele Shaman caused at least 3-4 wipes doing that or "forgetting" he had it glyphed from PvP or something.

  13. #13
    if you have trouble with dispelling it.......
    have people stand out the pool! the dps requirement is so ridiculously low that you dont even need to be in the pools ... our first kill many weeks ago was killed before the fourth pool spawns, now if we arent bad we kill it before the third pool spawns.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by orderschvank View Post
    because our guild does things differently? omg! diff strats, INCONCEIVABLE!
    so what is this magical strategy, where wasting SR on dispell has any benefit over calling out for dispell or running out of pool at the end, while having SR ready for other things?

  15. #15
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Magtheridon
    Posts
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by orderschvank View Post
    the SR is to get rid of the debuff.. not the absorb the damage
    As i'm a Healer I would prefer you used Shamanistic Rage on the lightning ball phase. Like I said before each to their own I guess.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    so what is this magical strategy, where wasting SR on dispell has any benefit over calling out for dispell or running out of pool at the end, while having SR ready for other things?
    well for one, it saves a dispell that our healers have to do, allowing more of our dps to get into the pool sooner.

    as as for the lightning phase, well i dont get hit by lightning balls so ya

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by orderschvank View Post
    well for one, it saves a dispell that our healers have to do, allowing more of our dps to get into the pool sooner.
    So your strategy is having everyone outside, until they are dispelled, then they are allowed inside? Wow. I dont think I wanna hear about your strategies anymore.
    as as for the lightning phase, well i dont get hit by lightning balls so ya
    mitigated damage is still better than full damage, especially for them, when they are about to start progressing, so ya.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    And that precisely doesnt really make sense... you still have to run out of the pool for dispel, but you waste SR CD, instead of just running out of the pool at the end of the debuff and having SR ready for storm.
    Ok then let me tel you this if you w8 till the debuf run of on it self he will hit you right byfore the storm ,so you entering the storm with hmm lets see 20 -30% hp yes thats goin to help your healers when they need to move oway from thos thunders and heal your ass ,when youre in the water you take 50% more healing 1 big heal and youre toped and you dont need damage reducton in the storm HST is the 10% reducton plus some heals thats all you need(dont get hit you wont need SR )

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    mitigated damage is still better than full damage, especially for them, when they are about to start progressing, so ya.
    if the ball hits you no mitigation can help you coz in the next 2-3 sec you ar goin to die from the storm

  19. #19
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Magtheridon
    Posts
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by orderschvank View Post
    well for one, it saves a dispell that our healers have to do, allowing more of our dps to get into the pool sooner.

    as as for the lightning phase, well i dont get hit by lightning balls so ya

    You still take ticking damage from lightning Storm, so even if you could dodge all the balls you're still taking damage and on progression fights every little bit helps
    Last edited by Haedraline; 2013-07-03 at 03:13 PM.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Sodia View Post
    Ok then let me tel you this if you w8 till the debuf run of on it self he will hit you right byfore the storm ,so you entering the storm with hmm lets see 20 -30% hp yes thats goin to help your healers when they need to move oway from thos thunders and heal your ass ,when youre in the water you take 50% more healing 1 big heal and youre toped and you dont need damage reducton in the storm HST is the 10% reducton plus some heals thats all you need(dont get hit you wont need SR )
    there is decent gap between end of ionization and start of the storm
    you can run back into the pool after ionization ends
    your healers need to L2P if they cant top you before storm hits
    you still wasted your best defensive CD for nothing
    - - - Updated - - -


    if the ball hits you no mitigation can help you coz in the next 2-3 sec you ar goin to die from the storm
    where did i mention balls? you DO realize storm is ticking quite heavily, right? No, HST itself is not gonna save you when the storm itself is does 800k damage. SR during the storm almost guarantees you are gonna survive if you dont screw up tho, even if you dont get any heals at all. And they are gonna be progressing it, storm is gonna be THE block for them, they will want CDs ready for storm, not wasting them on nonessential stuff you can get around just as easily by coordinating dispells on ts.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •