Thread: 7613 or 8886?

7613 or 8886?

I was approached by one one of my fellow healer shaman on my realm and asked why I was going for the 8882 haste break point over the 7613 and not stacking more spirit or crit as a Resto Sham. I raid 10m with a disc priest and resto druid. My current stats since I can't seem to link yet are below. I have my meta, my Wrathion cloak, and my four piece. I also have the normal Horridon trinket but I have it double upgraded as well as the Heroic Stolen Relic of Zuldazar (also double upgraded). I take the Ancestral Swiftness Talent and am not a Goblin (Just a super cute little panda ;D)

Spirit- 15593
    Haste- 9064 (27.39%)
    Crit- 14.39%
    Mastery- 61.78%

I know my mastery is insanely high but I literally don't gem for it and I have reforged every ounce of it that I possibly can and put it into haste unless a piece didn't have spirit. I personally was going for the 8882 break point for the next HST tick as I am very comfortable with my mana and with the two piece bonus this tier it just seemed to make sense to me. The 8882 break point was easy enough for me to get without sacrificing my mana pool. Am I wrong in this? We are getting ready to go up against Heroic Lei Shen so I want to be at my best and I wanted to see what other people's thoughts were on this topic of these two break points as I haven't seen much discussion on it or what others might be doing?

Thanks for your time.

*** whoops and ofc after I hit submit I realize I put 8886 and not 8882 in the title***
    Last edited by AdmiralCake; 2013-07-03 at 03:49 AM.

The HST breakpoints are not reliable, and can vary up or down based on latency. You probably need something like 9200 haste to reliably hit that HST breakpoint. For 25 man raiding, my opinion is that the Healing Rain breakpoints are really the only ones worth gear too; the rest are generally not worth the drop in secondary stats. I would just go to the 7613 breakpoint and stop there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why reforge out of mastery for a progression fight?
    HEROES NEVER DIE

That is a good question. At what point do you start seeing negative returns or do we? I would think that at some point it would be better to put it into other stats instead of just stacking mastery. Going over 60% seemed overkill with where mastery breakpoints are. I could still easily get to 9200 haste if its unreliable like that and for 10 man I see my HST high up there.
    Last edited by AdmiralCake; 2013-07-03 at 05:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Especially when healing with a disc priest, our mastery doesn't really shine. The druid will further keep the raid hp higher, diminishing the value of our mastery further. In general, that happens, no matter with whom we heal as every healer has something that makes us less effective with our mastery.

Any stats that are left over after having reached our desired haste breakpoint are therefore better spent in crit than in mastery.

I personally would like to get rid of as much of my mastery as possible, but it seems to be almost impossible to get far below 50% (that imaginary 50% thing that someone has arbitrarily made up at some point that is of absolutely no significance at all because mastery sucks before and after this imaginary useless line in today's raiding environment).

Ha! Thank you for talking about the 50% Seriss. I have been scouring forums trying to find a number answer as to why exactly it has to be 50% (At least for me in a 10 man raiding environment, not sure how it would be in a 25? I assume much more useful). I personally was carrying a bit more for awhile for progression but where I found I could hit the higher haste breakpoints reforging out of it as well as with the other type of healers we carry I didn't see the need for such a high amount. What you said about the disc and druid is my sentiments exactly. However, now I cannot reforge anymore off even if I wanted to. My question again though is that even if I can get to the 9200 haste with HST being unreliable is it worth it to carry that high or should I go back down to the 7613? What benefits am I getting from that lower one where I would be getting the higher HST tick especially with the two set bonus in place? I guess that is really my question? or is it really just preference at that point?
    Last edited by AdmiralCake; 2013-07-03 at 09:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollfat View Post
    Why reforge out of mastery for a progression fight?
    Because mastery is a completely awful stat on every progression encounter in the game currently.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralCake View Post
    Ha! Thank you for talking about the 50% Seriss. I have been scouring forums trying to find a number answer as to why exactly it has to be 50% (At least for me in a 10 man raiding environment, not sure how it would be in a 25? I assume much more useful). I personally was carrying a bit more for awhile for progression but where I found I could hit the higher haste breakpoints reforging out of it as well as with the other type of healers we carry I didn't see the need for such a high amount. What you said about the disc and druid is my sentiments exactly. However, now I cannot reforge anymore off even if I wanted to. My question again though is that even if I can get to the 9200 haste with HST being unreliable is it worth it to carry that high or should I go back down to the 7613? What benefits am I getting from that lower one where I would be getting the higher HST tick especially with the two set bonus in place? I guess that is really my question? or is it really just preference at that point?
    The benefits that you are getting is that extra 1600 stats that you can put into INT (assuming you are gemming some pure haste), Spirit or Crit that will probably do more for your output than the ~1% extra throughput you get from that extra HST tick.

I support 30% with AS
    Or
    30.8% with EM. (2 additional HTT/HR/RT/ELW ticks when you pop EM... gets you 70% haste)

With everyone else doing 6+M healing per CD use it might be time to supercharge the Asc or HTT's again. At some ilvl where it isn't a burden to do so.

Ahh good point Tibbee! Thanks for the help all.