Heroic Durumu Ice Walls

Been progressing on 25 Heroic Durumu for a while, and I've been using barrage to help out on the ice wall damage. Now as BM w/ blink strikes, I noticed that beast cleave only really hits a few parts of the wall. I wasn't sure if there was a way to make my pet do more damage to the ice walls in any way, like positioning my pet somewhere so that it hits more parts of the wall. Anyone got any tips?

Already a thread on that topic.. best way is to 'move' your pet to the center and then multi shot from there.. that'll ensure beast cleave hits as many targets as possible.. and obviously lay down an explo trap in the middle and then barrage away.. Then put pet back on boss.. it's a bit of micromanagement.. if you don't want to bother with that though, simply target one of the inner nodes (in the middle) of the ice walls and keep beast cleave up from there.. that's the second best option.. and if you're lucky with blink strikes 'pet blinks', the difference won't be that big..

Go SV, putting your pet so it hits all walls is so goddamn useless when you are still progressing, you need to kill 1 wall at once, not DPS all 3 equally.

Except you don't know which wall needs to go down until a few seconds in (atleast for the maze phase).. during that time it's best to drop all walls equally.. and then simply single target the one that needs to be killed first.. BW usually lines up with the walls as well giving higher burst dmg for the walls.. BM is just the better spec in every aspect of that fight.. no reason to go SV..

i didnt bother with it and just dps boss, our ele shaman along with our locks just eat those walls, our rogué did the same and we saw a huge dps increase.

i think the day i stoped trying to do AOE i got a 12 parse on that fight with 208k dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Perrito View Post
    i didnt bother with it and just dps boss, our ele shaman along with our locks just eat those walls, our rogué did the same and we saw a huge dps increase.

i think the day i stoped trying to do AOE i got a 12 parse on that fight with 208k dps.
    The worst advice ever.

Target one of the wall parts inside the boss and Multishot + Beast Cleave (with Blink strikes) off of that one. Also use Explosive Trap and Barrage on the same wall target. I can manage about 7-10m damage per set of walls.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    I can manage about 7-10m damage per set of walls.
    I've love to see a log of that if you got one. I've never come anywhere close to 7-10mil per set of walls. That'd be similar dmg as elementals and locks put out on them.

I have never tryed this boss as BM. As survival i don't bother with walls at all(i mean that im not focusing some specific wall), all i have to do is put exp trap under the boss and keep attacking him with MS, you will hit all 3 walls + boss.
    Last kill i did 7.8mil dmg to walls and finished overall rank 14 with 212k dps (thats 10man).

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    when you are still progressing, you need to kill 1 wall at once, not DPS all 3 equally.
    jk item upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by Beace View Post
    I've love to see a log of that if you got one. I've never come anywhere close to 7-10mil per set of walls. That'd be similar dmg as elementals and locks put out on them.
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-vq...?s=1643&e=1887
    1 Ice Wall phase: 6,620,284

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-vq...?s=2004&e=2274
    2 Ice Wall phases: 9,705,155

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-vq...?s=2429&e=2720
    2 Ice Wall phases; 9,114,328

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-vq...?s=3026&e=3330
    2 Ice Wall phases: 10,802,840

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-vq...?s=3663&e=3991
    2 Ice Wall phases: 9,729,853

Not quite as high as I thought I saw when I first checked but it's nowhere near horrible.

Deleted
    10m seems too high for each set, unless you are deliverately saving CDs for the walls. 5-6m is a much more realistic number, at least on walls that last long enough. On our FK (25man) I had almost 17M out of 3 wall rounds, for a total of 243k DPS. We ran without ele shammy and "only" 2 locks, so extra DPS was needed on the wall. the first tries where i was trying to manually position the pet under the boss, she would blink out to max range most of the time so I decided to target one of the 3 nearest clusters of the wall and send her there, and then switch to the one that you need to take down again, but always being the nearest cluster. this way the pet would hit at least 3 clusters and the boss, enough to make AoEing viable and efficient as a hunter

Thank you for all the BM tips, hopefully Durumu will go down this week!

Well, my guild just got our Durumu 25H kill tonight, here's the log for people interested http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-o6...s=9687&e=10194
    We only have 1 Ele Shaman and our Destro lock(2nd in Wall damage on our other progress nights) was afk this evening.

I did about 5m per wall phase on walls, granted after the first wall(one that goes towards the entrance) died, I started cleaving the Ice Walls off Durumu with Multi-shot.

Also it is best to kill the wall that goes towards the entrance first, at least during Maze phases, because if you suddenly have to move to either side of the wall, you look and see that all 3 walls are at 60-70% and you wipe because the death beam 1 shots your entire raid. This was most common cause of the maze wipes we had.

The worst advice ever.

Target one of the wall parts inside the boss and Multishot + Beast Cleave (with Blink strikes) off of that one. Also use Explosive Trap and Barrage on the same wall target. I can manage about 7-10m damage per set of walls.
    in 10 man i have no issues ignoring them, in 25 man should be dif. we have 2 locks and 1 ele shaman walls dont last more than 5 sec.

here is my log:
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-oi...?s=7568&e=7910

IDK wtf your casters are doing but they are really really bad.
    Last edited by Perrito; 2013-07-03 at 11:23 PM.

in 10 man i have no issues ignoring them, in 25 man should be dif. we have 2 locks and 1 ele shaman walls dont last more than 5 sec.

here is my log:
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-oi...?s=7568&e=7910

IDK wtf your casters are doing but they are really really bad.
    The original question was asking for tips on maximizing Ice Wall damage, which would mean that their raid isn't killing them fast enough. Saying "ignore it and let others do it" doesn't help.

The original question was asking for tips on maximizing Ice Wall damage, which would mean that their raid isn't killing them fast enough. Saying "ignore it and let others do it" doesn't help.
    isnt the bm hunter job to cleave down, if you can get a benefit in dps by dpsing them sure, isnt your job. let the ones that are perfect for the job do their job. our warlocks are not that hot and they still get them down fast, isnt worth the effort to me to move the pet and not do anything so i can cleave a Wall.

is like asking tips as how to MULTIDOT as a hunter, we are not that kind of class, get over it. walls for a hunter in this fight at least in 10 man shouldnt be the issue. tell your casters to step up and do their job.

isnt the bm hunter job to cleave down, if you can get a benefit in dps by dpsing them sure, isnt your job. let the ones that are perfect for the job do their job. our warlocks are not that hot and they still get them down fast, isnt worth the effort to me to move the pet and not do anything so i can cleave a Wall.

is like asking tips as how to MULTIDOT as a hunter, we are not that kind of class, get over it. walls for a hunter in this fight at least in 10 man shouldnt be the issue. tell your casters to step up and do their job.
    That's nice. Now pull your head out of your ass and start to remember that not every guild is perfect. If someone asks for help on doing something in a fight you don't tell them to ignore it and let others do it.

Perrito just stop.. besides that fact that the OP asked for 25m tips and you're coming in here saying 'well it doesn't matter on 10m'.. As glurp said, every guild is different.. If they don't have enough warlocks or ele shamans, they're gonna have trouble killing the walls in time in a 25m..