Quote Originally Posted by Skadovsk View Post
Well we're talking about scaling, and if rune and feral remain unchanged on 5.4 then rune will help feral scale better with stats that are not THAT valuable for feral and might still beat the 5.4 trinkets
Key word in that statement is 'might' (though I would still guess it will be BiS paired with the CD trinket - this based on absolutely 0 math and all gut). But we still don't know. The cooldown trinket is looking promising, especially with the synergy it creates with 4T16. Cleaving trinkets could be amazing depending on the fight. The major agility proc trinket looks le suck because it lowers stacks from melee hits -_- The mastery proc is nice and could be competitive if we go back to a mastery build but at that point we're forgoing haste which will devalue our meta and trinkets (this makes me furious that RPPMs are balanced around secondary stats that may or may not be good for certain classes and has nothing to do with RoR itself).

It's painfully obvious that anytime you create dynamic trinkets based off of changing stats of course it has the potential to remain good past the intended use (i.e. the scaling of the trinket). But that doesn't mean that ferals are designed to scale around the trinket. We can still do competitive DPS without it. I guess I got annoyed at how the term was used more than anything else. Scaling is such an overused and nearly trite term in WoW anymore.