Haven't played in months, time to play catch up.

Hey all. After getting a bit bored with WoW, I decided to head back into GW2, since I had lots of fun leveling, and exploring, but I haven't played since February.

Is there anything that's been happening since then that's worth checking out for a returning player? Or is it just more of the same ol' stuff?

Now I stand, the lion before the lambs... and they do not fear... They cannot fear...

10+ Year Old Account
    Take a look and see if anything interests you.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/
    Valar morghulis

I just came back as well. A lot of the guild stuff I am still trying to figure out. They seem to have improved on a lot so far. Personally, I am going with a new toon to level/map complete. First was warrior, now guardian. Beauty of buy to play, you can take a break, come back, and feel refreshed and ready to kill again.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhy View Post
    Hey all. After getting a bit bored with WoW, I decided to head back into GW2, since I had lots of fun leveling, and exploring, but I haven't played since February.

Is there anything that's been happening since then that's worth checking out for a returning player? Or is it just more of the same ol' stuff?
    The basics of the game are unchanged. It's still Guild Wars 2, plays in the same manner and adheres to the same design philosophy as on release.

There have been a series of patches that have tweaked balance, fixed bugs and added new cash shop items. Like most MMOs in active live development.

In addition Anet are releasing a series of patches they call, "Living Story". These are relatively short duration events that present a story [natch] within the game w/ some new dynamic events and story instances from time to time.

Various holiday festivals have come & gone; Halloween, Christmas, summer fest, etc. A number of themed mini games, prizes, etc.

The biggest additions were a new zone called Southside Cove [it's mostly an event playground of sorts] and Fractals.

Fractals are 10-20 min instanced mini dungeons that have their own progression path. Fractals are short, varied and self contained dungeons one can easily PUG. The higher your fractal rank, the tougher the fractals scale in difficulty.

That's about it really. A lot of things are transitory or temporary. Like, of course the Halloween stuff is done & gone, etc. But the Guild Wars 2 is designed so that player drop-in/drop-out of the game whenever they feel like without having to really ask, "What has changed?"

Guild Wars as a series is designed around casual play. Just pick-up & play.