Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    It is more like they are all capable of siphon life
    Really? That's what you call a passive ability that all Forsaken have?
    Really so Dk's suffer horrible miserable pain that radiates their entire body, each and every waking moment of their pitiful existence? There is no lore to indicate they suffer pain each waking moment, we encounter various undead who suffer from insanity, and lack emotion in general, but the feeling of actual pain is rather special.
    I asked for lore to back up your argument. I'm not going to take these claims to be true just because you say so.

A quick skim of banshee lore on WoWpedia shows nothing along the lines of "suffer horrible pain 24/7 flowing throughout their whole bodies", just that snippet from earlier that says their suffering was brought on by being given awareness which is something all Forsaken have.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    While Sylvanas is brutal in her methods, her actions since ICC have only been for the defense of Lordaeron or her obligations to the Horde.
    Nope, Killing civilians is in no way necessary, no matter how you see it, nor is raising the dead.
    The Forsaken are pointless in life. They're made for war and so they do not deserve to live.

As for you OP, I understand your point perfectly. That's why she must die. At all costs. And her Val'kyrs too.

Quote Originally Posted by Acepox View Post
    Nope, Killing civilians is in no way necessary, no matter how you see it
    Unless, of course, they are Alliance civilians. Then they have to go: all of them.

nor is raising the dead.
    Hey, those former Alliance should be grateful! It's like being given a second chance! Is the Dark Lady not merciful?

The Forsaken are pointless in life. They're made for war and so they do not deserve to live.
    That hurts their feelings, you know. It's this very prejudice the Forsaken have been fighting against ever since Grand Marshal Garithos.

As for you OP, I understand your point perfectly. That's why she must die. At all costs. And her Val'kyrs too.
    Ah-ha! They're already dead. How do you kill that which has no life?

You can try killing her, sure, but she has inspired countless fanboys that stand between the Dark Lady and all her foes. Just to get a peak of her will require you to look down the barrel of my gun.

I dont understand your point so you must die, at all costs.

Raising the dead and being undead is against nature. They are perverting the course of life. They have no goal in "life" but to wage war. I will simply ignore your "argument" about civilians and assume you were joking/RPing.

Deleted
    Let's get down to the real stuff here.

Sylvanas is how she is because if we had a warm, fun loving righteous undead banshee queen, that would suck balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Jediguy View Post
    How do you kill that which has no life?
    With copious amounts of fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    Why are people shocked at what Sylvanas does?

It always baffles me why people are shocked at what Sylvanas does?

Shes a fucking banshee dont people know what a banshee is

Sylvanas was never raised to be a undead she was raised to be a banshee she was the banshee queen and i imagine the pain is increased tenfold cause of that and banshees only reason for existing is to wander the earth spreading misery, insanity and hatred to the mortal races.

So why do people think that she should shed those emotions that she was raised to feel and cant shed?

Just cause she found her body doesnt mean she hasnt lost the feelings that make up what she is

Her lust for vengeance has been sated doesnt mean her other feelings have sated too

I guess the point of this thread is to say it aint Sylvanas fault that she is turning into a heartless bitch bent on destruction its just in her nature now and cant and prolly never will be helped.
    Because deep down at her core she is a product of the Scourge. Eager to inflict others with her curse and call it a blessing. Most of her victims are conscripts who never volunteered or wanted to be undead. She has been spoiled with the fact no one has ever effectively told her "No." Thats why she comes across as bitchy rather than misunderstood by everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Raising the dead and being undead is against nature. They are perverting the course of life. They have no goal in "life" but to wage war. I will simply ignore your "argument" about civilians and assume you were joking/RPing.
    How can it be against nature when Banshees are naturally occurring and have been around for thousands of years? What about all those wisps?

And it's not like humans, dwarves, gnomes, mogu, and elves are natural to begin with. They are either a result of the curse of flesh infecting mechanical automatons or mutations from Titan meddling.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-07-03 at 06:25 PM.

It's not shocking, its annoying.

Sylvanas and her plague has become the Horde's deus ex. She is essentially unstoppable except when she quite literally is shot in the head at point-blank range.

Even then she just is resurrected.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post

Sylvanas and her plague has become the Horde's deus ex. She is essentially unstoppable except when she quite literally is shot in the head at point-blank range.

At least this weapon was actualy planed and carefully crafted, instead of becoming gift from heavens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post

What's annoying is how inconsistent Blizzard is: Sylvanas obliterating her body and soul on saronite rocks? Takes 1 Val'kyr to resurrect. Sylvanas getting shot in with a gun? Takes 3 Val'kyr to resurrect. WTF? Who made Godfrey's gun?

What's annoying is how inconsistent Blizzard is: Sylvanas obliterating her body and soul on saronite rocks? Takes 1 Val'kyr to resurrect. Sylvanas getting shot in with a gun? Takes 3 Val'kyr to resurrect. WTF? Who made Godfrey's gun?
    Its possible the difference is not in number of val'kyr but power. It's just common sense that not all val'kyr are equal in power.

It's like the difference between the Lich King solo raising Sindragosa, who is far and beyond more powerful than other frostwyrms, and there being teams of cultists required to perform extended rituals to raise significantly weaker frostwyrms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Its possible the difference is not in number of val'kyr but power. It's just common sense that not all val'kyr are equal in power.

It's like the difference between the Lich King solo raising Sindragosa, who is far and beyond more powerful than other frostwyrms, and there being teams of cultists required to perform extended rituals to raise significantly weaker frostwyrms.
    The Val'kyr take Sylvanas' place in the afterlife when they resurrect her. It's substitution, power shouldn't really matter.

The first time, she was resurrected by the Val'kyrs' leader, the most powerful one amongst the "Nine".

The first time, she was resurrected by the Val'kyrs' leader, the most powerful one amongst the "Nine".
    Yup, pretty much this^

It was basically the leader. The most powerful one. At least in this regard, I don't think there is an inconsistency.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing says Annhylde was any more powerful than the others.

And again, it's simple substitution. Power shouldn't have anything to do with it.

The Val'kyr take Sylvanas' place in the afterlife when they resurrect her. It's substitution, power shouldn't really matter.
    And you can say this why? What insight into how this works do you have that we don't?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    And you can say this why? What insight into how this works do you have that we don't?
    Because that's how it worked in the short story. It was a substitution. Annhylde took Sylvanas' place in the afterlife. A soul for a soul.

Deleted
    I wasn't shocked, just sayin'....