Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Notos View Post
    I wouldn't have a problem with spiders if they just stayed out of my no-spider zone. But those Australian ones, holy crap I would shit bricks. Are there any methods involving chemicals for keeping them outdoors? Like maybe a max repel >_>
    There's next to no reason to keep a huntsman outdoors. They don't spin webs, they don't have poisonous bites (though I've heard they hurt like a motherfucker), and they're insanely helpful for taking care of mosquitos, flies, smaller spiders, and if they're feeling lucky, even mice. They're probably the best thing to domesticate in Australia outside of kangaroos for meat.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    Nuke it from orbit.
    Twice.
    The Hammer of Dawn isn't online yet! Just hold your position with a broom until it is!

Australians: "It's just a huntsman".
    Rest of the world: "Kill it with fire".

Sometimes I <3 you Australians.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    There's next to no reason to keep a huntsman outdoors. They don't spin webs, they don't have poisonous bites (though I've heard they hurt like a motherfucker), and they're insanely helpful for taking care of mosquitos, flies, smaller spiders, and if they're feeling lucky, even mice. They're probably the best thing to domesticate in Australia outside of kangaroos for meat.
    Sadly enough finding a place to eat kangaroo meat is rare in Ausland!

Native styled restaurants do it sometimes, but Aussie people have an aversion towards the giant rat meat

I heard it was very tasty to eat though...

Deleted
    But will it blend?

Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post

Lol.. Compared to some of the other bastards out there a huntsman is like a pet.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post

What's amazing is that we think Australians are the tough ones. They live in their nice cities or, if they live in the more rural areas, are armed with guns and the most dangerous animal they routinely come into contact with are kangaroos. For all the bluster of Australian wildlife, it mostly keeps to itself.

You know who the real badasses are?

Africans who go up against an entire pride of lions to steal their kill. With spears.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fauier View Post
    But will it blend?
    Terror smoke. Don't breathe this!

Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post

Native styled restaurants do it sometimes, but Aussie people have an aversion towards the giant rat meat

Where did you go? It's not as common as other meats but it's still not rare. I can go down to the local supermarket and there's a pretty high chance I can find some sort of kangaroo meat. Sausages seem to be most common

Quote Originally Posted by Callude View Post
    Where did you go? It's not as common as other meats but it's still not rare. I can go down to the local supermarket and there's a pretty high chance I can find some sort of kangaroo meat. Sausages seem to be most common
    We'll usually have kangaroo steak and sausages in town. They're a bit dear, but they're there.

Alternatively, you could man up and get your kangaroo meat the hard way.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

But they sell kangaroo meat at our grocery stores...

Also huntsmans are total bros. They take care of all the real problem insects and spiders. I live in Sydney and still have to deal with snakes and other wildlife it isn't just a total rural thing.

10+ Year Old Account

Tried it last time I was in Melbourne, didn't like it much. Emu on the other hand...tasty.

Funnily enough in my 13 years in Aus I havent tried either Emu or Kangaroo meat.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Inside View Post
    Funnily enough in my 13 years in Aus I havent tried either Emu or Kangaroo meat.
    You should. I eat alot of Roo meat. It's cheaper than beef and has about 5 times the protien and is naturally lean.

Quote Originally Posted by Mives View Post
    You should. I eat alot of Roo meat. It's cheaper than beef and has about 5 times the protien and is naturally lean.
    Yeah, I wonder if woolies sells it.

Get out of my country...

I just realised I've never eaten crocodile. I disappoint myself, I've heard good things about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I wonder if woolies sells it.
    That's where I usually get it

Get out of my country...

I just realised I've never eaten crocodile. I disappoint myself, I've heard good things about it.

- - - Updated - - -

That's where I usually get it
    Lol it never really occurred to me to try it, gonna go pick some up at woolies next time I go shops.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post

They seem so friendly!
    I swear if one of those just popped up when I'm driving, I'd cause a fatal car crash or jump out of the car even mid highway :S It's how they just show up and say "hi" right in your face that scares the living daylights out of me.

Deleted
    That's my standard reaction to all spiders. >.>

If spiders looked like that, I'd be okay with them, but they don't, they look like this nightmare. http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4...tv0ro1_500.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    This pretty much sums up how I feel about Australian spiders.

Australia, as a landmass, is the greatest evidence on Earth that there is a god... and that it enjoys bloodsport.

When even the trees are capable of killing everything around them... by exploding... you know this area was created during god's "burn ants with a magnifying glass" phase.

The fact that people live there is a monument to man's hubris. It is the country that should not exist.
    There are Eucalyptus trees in California in large numbers too.

Honestly, having visited Australia now, I feel like "Australia is the land of death creatures" feels kind of overblown. I only saw one huge spider while I was there, though a whole damn lot of flying foxes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    What's amazing is that we think Australians are the tough ones. They live in their nice cities or, if they live in the more rural areas, are armed with guns and the most dangerous animal they routinely come into contact with are kangaroos. For all the bluster of Australian wildlife, it mostly keeps to itself.

You know who the real badasses are?

Africans who go up against an entire pride of lions to steal their kill. With spears.

- - - Updated - - -

Terror smoke. Don't breathe this!
    Those look like Masai, and they are indeed known to be badasses.

- - - Updated - - -

I've never seen kangaroo meat at my supermarket. Too bad, since I thought my kangaroo burger was tastier than a beef burger.

- - - Updated - - -

Get out of my country...

It tastes like chicken. No seriously.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

It is overblown indeed, but then you think some places in europe like sweden/denmark for example dont really have giant spiders as we do here and they find the concept utterly terrifying, encounters are somewhat rare but when you do see one of these things they scare the bejesus out of ya.