Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Romire View Post
    found out that someone stole ma Name!
    I guess you haven't logged since before they merged servers. It happened like a year ago. Unfortunately this happens often when population issues were addressed. I had to change several character names. It's not pleasant, but it's understandable.
    BAD WOLF

Personally I feel that SWTOR has the best leveling experience of any MMO I've played...and I played FFXI Online. So yeah, it's pretty solid. Try it out.

First time I Lved it felt enjoyable. My trooper quest line was rather interesting and companions actually had character. I would advise you to try it out for yourself just to experience a story.

My biggest gripe was how they made it such a theme park, WoW felt like a sandbox compared to it. Crafting was horrid IMO especially when you could just que for materials. giving little reason to farm them at all. Endgame was purely Ops/WZs (depending if you wanted to PvE/PvP), world bosses were my favorite part of the game (as it was one of the only things to do in the open world).

I really had a lot of faith in TOR, considering it might be the best time setting to allow some form of sandbox-like-features. They had a galaxy at their fingertips and all they did with each planet is make it worth 5-10 lvs of value.

Quote Originally Posted by dashflash890 View Post
    lmao fps is not latency. I get super low latency in SWTOR (8-13ms) on average. I live in Texas :/
    I'm in Australia, have 180-ish latency and for here that's GOOD. Le sigh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

It's pretty much a bad F2P MMO.

I'd say pick it back up just for the fact that it's free, but be prepared to be severely limited.

If you want to just play through your class story then I'd say it's worth it.
    There are good people in every corner of the planet. Unfortunately, the Earth is round.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xsublymonalx View Post

I'd say pick it back up just for the fact that it's free, but be prepared to be severely limited.

Annoyingly limited is a more accurate reflection. It's certainly not bad, objectively. About the only thing bad with the actual game is the optimization. Otherwise it's a typical AAA MMO.

Most of the downsides come from the company and aren't relevant to the leveling aspect of the game anymore.
    BAD WOLF

15+ Year Old Account

if OP is "picking it back up" then it wont be AS LIMITED as it can be.

^ This. After you play through your class story..........................you're done. (as a free to play).

I just started TOR a month ago. The only other MMO I've played is WoW. Honestly, by far the best way to describe TOR is to compare it to WoW.

Take WoW, give it significantly better graphics, engaging quests with voice-acting, and a Star Wars skin. Then, take out several core features and unpolish everything else. You'll get TOR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sighsigh View Post
    I just started TOR a month ago.
    Annnd this would explain why everything afterwards is just nonsense. Let's not even get into comparisons like that, as they aren't allowed, and certainly aren't remotely accurate.
    BAD WOLF

I'd have to suggest paying for one month of subscription. See how it feels, then watch what happens after that month when you go f2p. You'll see most of what gets taken away (you won't likely see the Ops restriction, possibly see the WZ & FP restriction, and almost certainly won't see the Artifact restriction), and can decide from there what parts you want to put back on (quickbars, 3rd crew skill, hide helm graphic, unify colors, and other quality-of-life stuff, not to mention Ops/FP/WZ weekly passes, and all sorts of other stuff), and see how much you're willing to pay to stay mostly f2p.

Yes, I realize that's a bit of an oxymoron, paying to be f2p, but I can't imagine SWTOR is a great f2p MMO. It's pretty awesome as a Sub though.

I just came back to SWTOR and is having a blast. I play on Jung Ma (RP-PvP) and the community is one of the best i have encountered in my very long history of playing Mmorpgs.

That was my intention the other day when i downloaded it again. I had a few classes i had to see the story on but for me there was one massive hurdle. You can't mail money without a sub and it has kinda put me off the whole thing. I have a piles of cash on my account i can't get you my alts. Was a deal breaker for me. Lazy i know but i don't really want to scrimp and scrape all the way up on alts.

Deleted
    You can mail gear to your alts, though. That can be quite a help while leveling and makes me wonder about ultimately creating a full set of alts with the various professions, as I've done in WoW.

From what I've read, gold is really useful in the end game - whether for unlocks or for buying endgame gear from the GTN, so I would not be inclined to waste it on leveling gear.

They've simplified the planetary commendation system (they are one currency, rather than Corruscant commendations, Nar Shadaar Commendations etc), so getting decent leveling gear is straightforward.

Quote Originally Posted by econ21 View Post
    You can mail gear to your alts, though. That can be quite a help while leveling and makes me wonder about ultimately creating a full set of alts with the various professions, as I've done in WoW.

From what I've read, gold is really useful in the end game - whether for unlocks or for buying endgame gear from the GTN, so I would not be inclined to waste it on leveling gear.

They've simplified the planetary commendation system (they are one currency, rather than Corruscant commendations, Nar Shadaar Commendations etc), so getting decent leveling gear is straightforward.
    Yeah but mailing sets of gear to alts one item at a time while may not be a huge inconvenience is incredibly annoying. I will probably still still make the effort but they seem to be going out of their way to put me off. I guess i will have to look into what other restrictions i will have to live with before i commit time to the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm curious on how SWTOR is atm as well. How are Sith Juggeranuts, Marauders, and Assasins in PvP? How are each played and what are the most effective builds? Thanks in advance.
    Personality: INTJ

“Greatness, at any cost.”

Quote Originally Posted by Bellator-of-Silvermoon View Post
    I'm curious on how SWTOR is atm as well. How are Sith Juggeranuts, Marauders, and Assasins in PvP? How are each played and what are the most effective builds? Thanks in advance.
    i LOVE my marauder, compared to the sentinel it is SOOOOO much more visually appealing, also I just wreck through mobs constantly with very little down time for resting.

Deleted
    The story was amazing (I really enjoyed the first BH planet)
    The graphics were good
    Leveling was pretty smooth in many respects (though Mako could be painfully unresponsive at times)
    It had PvP and PvE raids

The movement and animations had so many bugs and delay.
    The game was horribly optimised (people with good spec PC's struggled to run it)
    The crafting system was just really boring
    The servers queues were horrible in EU
    They took ridiculously long for patch updates

Pretty much how I saw it when I stopped playing about 6 weeks/2 months after release. I came from WoW hoping to see a proper alternative but it sucked that SWTOR had so many niggling problems at launch and they didn't rectify them after for the most part. Why pay money to play SWTOR when I can have a better experience playing WoW which is a much smoother, active game to say the least.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why'd you bother posting that? OP asked what it's like right now.

As I mentioned in another topic, SWTOR's still good for its story, and if you like the general theme of start wars, I feel the graphics suit the game quite well, though there could be more "life" in certain areas.

Gameplay is alittle easier since they've buffed/balanced classes since release, and I feel like the low level instances got nerfed in some manner. They're more forgiving now than at launch, either that or people are more competent.

"Pure" F2P is almost unplayable imo, I'd recommend being on "preferred" at the very least.. Just make a one time purchase of cartel coins to do so I believe. The stuff you get should be enough to carry you through the game if you want to just experience the story. Do instances and quests both, I made money quick after getting a couple of orange quality BoEs, this was by level 21. It's not a lot in the grand scheme of things, but 250K credits at 21 will easily carry you through with professions, skills and the occasional upgrade from the GTN.

Upgrade yourself with stuff from PVP and instances, and fill in the gaps with commendation gear from the fleet or the individual planets. I like the fact that they put commendation gear on the fleet, cos I'm normally levelled ahead of the planet I'm on, so I can return to the fleet and get level appropriate gear from there.

Movement still looks weird to me, non of my characters run "nice". The rest of it people have mentioned elsewhere in this thread.

I didn't know what thread to ask in so I figured this one is ok.

I just reinstalled SWTOR and I was wanting to know can you buy the Xpac with credits like other store items or is it a must to spend cash. Also was wanting to know how dose the game run now compared to this time last year.

And finally if I wanted to raid level 50 content do I have to buy a pass or can I just put a group together and do it?

Also has any class been able to solo things like world boss's and all I was looking to solo world boss's for giggles.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-07-31 at 05:01 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD