I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account

keyboard/mouse for the next gen console?

http://www.examiner.com/article/batt...t-gen-consoles

Dice said they consider it for battlefield 4. This is interresting. This is the one thing that you make me buy a console. Beyond discussion of internet DRM or kinect watching you, exclusive games..., the one console that offer mouse/keyboard for FPS/TPS will be the winner for me.

If full mouse/keyboard support comes to next-gen consoles, I'll actually consider playing a FPS game on console for once >.>

@edgecrusher.

If that is the selling point why not just buy an FPS and play on your PC?

I for one would hope they don't do this for everything, I love playing shooters on the sticks. and the only thing I prefer K/M for is any kind of hotbar MMO.

something like Battlefield 4 would not be so bad to mix it but some things would really just suffer from the mouse advantage.

Would be amazing indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Barcasaur View Post
    I for one would hope they don't do this for everything, I love playing shooters on the sticks. and the only thing I prefer K/M for is any kind of hotbar MMO.
    What would prevent you playing with a controller if mouse/keyboard combo exist as an additional feature?

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    What would prevent you playing with a controller if mouse/keyboard combo exist as an additional feature?
    Nothing, but for games like COD or Halo... your going to be at a serious disadvantage, that is just the facts.

I have been a defender of the controller forever and love using it and always turn off any aim assist that lets me turn it off, but I understand that its easier and more effective to play FPS with a mouse.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barcasaur View Post
    Nothing, but for games like COD or Halo... your going to be at a serious disadvantage, that is just the facts.

I have been a defender of the controller forever and love using it and always turn off any aim assist that lets me turn it off, but I understand that its easier and more effective to play FPS with a mouse.
    i have talked to people that truly believe that console controller are a superior controller to game on FPS. I tried to argument my point of view about precision, reaction speed, the hand-eye coordination is far better with a mouse, nothing. For them, mouse is archaic and inferior controller. I suppose those people are minority and simply ignorant (never use mouse before), but i'd be glad they get their butt kicked by mouse controlled opponent.

about fairplay. How about mouse/keyboard for every FPS at least for single player.
    then for multiplayer, create server for gamepad only and server for both type of control.

Only time I've ever used a keyboard with a console is to type code in.

Not a big issue for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    i have talked to people that truly believe that console controller are a superior controller to game on FPS. I tried to argument my point of view about precision, reaction speed, the hand-eye coordination is far better with a mouse, nothing. For them, mouse is archaic and inferior controller. I suppose those people are minority and simply ignorant (never use mouse before), but i'd be glad they get their butt kicked by mouse controlled opponent.

about fairplay. How about mouse/keyboard for every FPS at least for single player.
    then for multiplayer, create server for gamepad only and server for both type of control.
    I am 100% controller backer, but I know that when you mix the two the mouse players just have a field day with controller players, for the reasons you listed off.

I would not be opposed to having separate servers for the two but my issue there would be the lack of players to keep the servers full enough.

If your game is not COD, there is really not that many people playing all the time, my favorite 360 game is Gears of War, I play Judgment and Gears of War 3 still from time to time cause i prefer it over the new one sadly but the player base is really small... (yeah this is a 3rd person shooter, and not an FPS so not the best example but still less then 10,000 people playing at all times no matter what.)