Returning Warrior

I really want to get back into the game and it's down to either my Warrior or Paladin, he can solo way better after all, and after much thought I'm leaning towards Warrior. Now I love Fury, Arms will always be the PvP spec to me, so I'm wondering which to go into. Is SMF nice and smooth where rage income feels alright? Is TG pulling ahead quite nicely or are they both close so go with whatever. Are the two rotations vastly different? Should I just go out and get 2 2h weapons and 2 1h weapons. I know Fury is designed around nuking during CS periods does this differ according to spec? Finally how are Warriors doing at the moment?

Oh and yes I have read the guide. About 3 times now.
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    In terms of damage, Warriors are currently in the middle of the pack. You will want to play Arms until you reach a certain amount of crit (23%-25%), and then swap to Fury. Below that point you will have lots of downtimes because your Bloodthirst doesn´t crit, thus, your raging blow won´t procc. The damage gap between SMF and TG isn´t too big, but in single target fights SMF pulls ahead. TG wins in cleave heavy fights and the additional Stamina feels good if you are into those hardcore heroics. If you play TG there are certain events where you want to use a glyphed Whirldwind instead of a Wild Strike. If I remember right, that isn´t true for SMF. But that´s about it regarding differences in rotation. Arms also tries to exploit their CS as much as possible, but because CS can randomly procc as an Arms warrior you cannot plan for the next CS. Furthermore the class is not designed around exploiting CS as much as Fury is.

Start with getting 1 2hander and go for Arms until you reach Itemlvl ~503
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    In terms of damage, Warriors are currently in the middle of the pack. You will want to play Arms until you reach a certain amount of crit (23%-25%), and then swap to Fury. Below that point you will have lots of downtimes because your Bloodthirst doesn´t crit, thus, your raging blow won´t procc. The damage gap between SMF and TG isn´t too big, but in single target fights SMF pulls ahead. TG wins in cleave heavy fights and the additional Stamina feels good if you are into those hardcore heroics. If you play TG there are certain events where you want to use a glyphed Whirldwind instead of a Wild Strike. If I remember right, that isn´t true for SMF. But that´s about it regarding differences in rotation. Arms also tries to exploit their CS as much as possible, but because CS can randomly procc as an Arms warrior you cannot plan for the next CS. Furthermore the class is not designed around exploiting CS as much as Fury is.

Start with getting 1 2hander and go for Arms until you reach Itemlvl ~503
    Awesome that is really helpful. Now I have goals to aim for
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

Paladins have pink names and wear skirts.

Go Warrior. While we are not top in damage, is still a blast to play.

warriors are pretty meh, paladins #1 melee 5.4, your choice

In terms of soloing Paladins are significantly stronger than Warriors.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Murican View Post
    warriors are pretty meh, paladins #1 melee 5.4, your choice
    It is his choice, but hes asking for advice to make his choice. You say paladins are number 1 melee, I am wondering what you are basing that off? If its damage then enhancement takes the biscuit atm and in fact ret is the 7th highest melee DPS according to the latest simulationcraft rating.

Paladins are quite fun to play though, the rotation isn't as boring as it once was and the extra ability to solo is a big plus. Not to forget they can take part in all 3 roles.
    But I find warriors are more fun due to the mobility. The ability to charge, leap and intervene all over the place just makes it fun. Damage wise warriors are very competitive in a real world scenario (Maybe not a fire mage, but you will do okay). PVP wise I cannot talk for either.

I won't bother talking about the other points as it has already been discussed and I'm not a DPS warrior!