Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pltr View Post
    I've no idea who that is... Do I want to know?
    Just type in "honey booboo" on youtube... you've been warned, however. I am not responsible for the subsequent loss of IQ.
    "There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you." -Mazer Rackham - Ender's Game Orson Scott Card

Quote Originally Posted by Rendia View Post
    Just type in "honey booboo" on youtube... you've been warned, however. I am not responsible for the subsequent loss of IQ.
    I got curious and googled. The first two lines on wikipedia say enough so I am not going to look it up on youtube....;/

Quote Originally Posted by Akylios View Post
    I just mentioned this in another thread, but I honestly can't drink the tap water in some countries because of how it's treated with chloride. Since in my home country we don't use chloride in the water, I'm completely unused to it. The taste is just very, very strong to me. As such every time I travel around Europe or the US, I go out of my way to find good bottled water. Perhaps it is more polluted than the tap water, I do not know, but all I know is that I can usually find a brand that doesn't taste of chloride. So unless it's polluted like hell, then that's good enough for me.
    At the same time, where I live, we have well-water, and it isn't a very good well. The water doesn't taste very good and the water gets "muddy" from time to time. Possibly cheaper in the long run to get some kind of water filter, but the stuff you get in the store to hook up to your sink faucets do not last very long. Water is fine for cooking and bathing, but not something I prefer to drink out of the faucet. In this case, there is a big difference in taste between our tap water and bottled. It's still cheap enough, just buy big cases of the store-brand stuff. $3.99 for 35 bottles. Now, the people paying $1.00+ per bottle? Yeah, that's stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Living in a time of more access to information than ever before, yet still have people complain about the media. You are not posting this on a radio...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    It's a bit exaggerated of course, but still. They had a poll in our country where 30% of all voters didn't know who the president was, yet they all voted. They didn't know what the political party they voted for stood for, but they voted anyway "because it's my right". At the same time the real mentally retarded keep the right to vote, indirectly deciding the fate of healthcare, economy, etc. At the same time you can see people caring less and less what happens cross-borders, wars, etc. It's like society is getting dumber and dumber, this also reflects on game environment (hence why community's get worse and worse) and so on.
    I agree with most of this however I don't think it is restricted to only 1st world countries.

Existing Democratic societies all over the world have the problem where the population either don't care, don't understand the policies and their consequences or vote for somebody because they always have and/or feel obliged to because of their families/backgrounds. Thus, retarded is not a word I would use to describe the voters you're talking about, Misinformed or Ignorant would be more accurate.

Emerging Democratic societies are still rife with corruption and conflict. It's pretty hard to make a vote for the right person when both candidates are as bad as each other. As an example, take a look at Egypt and it's recent election and the outcome from that.

How do you solve all this? Well the way we could solve a lot of problems in this world, Education.

Back on topic though,
    - High Petrol Prices (Funnily, the 2nd/3rd world countries where the oil comes from don't have this problem )
    - Increasing costs of living and the gap between rich and poor growing
    - Peoples ignorance of Computers and IT, even though they are essential to what they do (I'm an IT tech)

...Oh

And Justin Beiber (This one could be classed as a worldwide problem though I suppose)

Microtransactions and F2P games.

Subprime mortgages, 20% credit card interest rates in tiny print, EA's DRM schemes... none of this is worse than microtransactions and F2P games. In fact, no corporate evil is worse than microtransactions and F2P games.

Taking the title of this thread literally.. I would say when electricity or even worse water get cut off dead in the middle of the summer for more than a few hours. It is pure first world hell.

There's still poverty. There's no way with our resources that ANYONE should be below the poverty line, especially children!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    I got curious and googled. The first two lines on wikipedia say enough so I am not going to look it up on youtube....;/
    Weakling.... lol
    "There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you." -Mazer Rackham - Ender's Game Orson Scott Card

People who make lists.

Deleted
    When I'm playing WoW on my laptop outside in the sun and I can't see shit cause my shirt is reflecting on the screen

Quote Originally Posted by Guinzil View Post
    When I'm playing WoW on my laptop outside in the sun and I can't see shit cause my shirt is reflecting on the screen
    Fuck sunlight
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    <snip>

infracted
    Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2013-07-08 at 01:18 PM.

Deleted
    Got 2 monitors, a nice pc, keyboard, mouse and headset, a decent tv and a new blu-ray and dvd player.

TOO MANY DAMN WIRES AMAGAD.

When my internet dies out and the company says "it will be back online as soon as possible".

I don't pay for "as soon as possible", I pay for now. Get off your asses and do something about it, twice this week now.

like = if you cri evryy tiem
    ignore = yur hertles

oh, and lets not forget about chain mails such as "today is money bags day! share this to X people within Y minutes and you will get money!" and all other variations of that >.<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceDuck View Post
    like = if you cri evryy tiem
    ignore = yur hertles

oh, and lets not forget about chain mails such as "today is money bags day! share this to X people within Y minutes and you will get money!" and all other variations of that >.<
    Repost this if you like Bacon
    Ignore this if you sleep with Satan.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    I find this list amusing

Either you're not quite sure what a first world problem is - or you'd be much happier in the third world without insurance, social liberal movements, government programs, atheists, and all the constipation you could ever want
    Sadly, I probably would haha. Until I died of some disease that had no treatment in said country, that is.