Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Hunter's deadzone got removed, why not charge's?

Discuss (10 char)

Because it's not at all the same thing
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    Nope, but there is a tendency for the echochamber of whining to spiral out of control, and so everyone involved thinks this is the worst thing ever.

I must be dumb, but... Where the heck does the Hunter deadzone lie?

I find I never just stand and autoattack.

Hunters got dead zoned pretty easily.. I've never had an issue being dead zoned as a warrior.. you have WAY too much mobility, it just isn't needed

I kinda like the charge deadzone, because I'm using a hamstring+charge macro.

Nevermind Lol
    Last edited by Jaklina; 2013-07-07 at 12:03 AM.

Deleted
    Maybe it's because they increased the number of CC's? + they removed melee abilities/weapons

What is the point of a gap closer if it can be used when there is no gap?

Hunter deadzone doesn't exist anymore, there used to be a 2-3 yard gap where they could neither melee nor range

Quote Originally Posted by Jaklina View Post
    It used to be like 5 yards or something. If you were closer than 5 yards to a target you would just start whacking them with your melee weapon. Has nothing to do with auto attacking tbh. You couldn't use any of your moves besides raptor stirke (I think thats what it was called).
    No, you couldn't use any ability whatsoever including raptor strike, and it was between 5 and 8 yards.

Before CC had DR it was a real treat. Mages would freeze you and your pet, then sit at 6 yards and freecast.

because charge is meant to be a gap closer, not a free extra stun

Quote Originally Posted by Jaklina View Post
    It used to be like 5 yards or something. If you were closer than 5 yards to a target you would just start whacking them with your melee weapon. Has nothing to do with auto attacking tbh. You couldn't use any of your moves besides raptor stirke (I think thats what it was called).
    The deadzone was actually from 5 to 8 yards, melee was max 5 yard but hunter range was minimum 8 yards. So people would root you, stand in the 5-8 yard box and the hunter could literally do nothing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Smeeh View Post
    The deadzone was actually from 5 to 8 yards, melee was max 5 yard but hunter range was minimum 8 yards. So people would root you, stand in the 5-8 yard box and the hunter could literally do nothing at all.
    Right my bad. Lol I never actually ran into the dead zone so I was trying to remember lol. Oops

Hunter deadzone caused PvE problems (see: Yor'sahj), Charge doesn't.

You have heroic leap. Hunters had nothing to get them out of the deadzone, as a disengage was quite easy to get cornered right again.

Whereas warriors are never crippled by being too far to melee but too close to charge. Stop moving and charge. If they're purposely keeping you there, then heroic leap and snare them. You also have a stun, which only BM had, which being dead zoned didn't matter TOO much to them, as their pet was the main damage.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woceip View Post
    What is the point of a gap closer if it can be used when there is no gap?
    For the stun? Der? Which is why they should keep the gap. You need some space to gain momentum anyways, so it makes sense that you need to be back a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    simple answer = it would be a buff for warriors and thats not going to happen.

charge should be usable at any distance and a good player can dead zone a warrior easily.i had a rogue back in the day "cata" dead zone me when they had 70% slow.i would leap away to charge back in and mos tof the time he was on me when i was landing.all he did was sit in my dead zone and that was easy to do with him being slowed at 50% and i was at 70%.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    You have heroic leap. Hunters had nothing to get them out of the deadzone, as a disengage was quite easy to get cornered right again.

Whereas warriors are never crippled by being too far to melee but too close to charge. Stop moving and charge. If they're purposely keeping you there, then heroic leap and snare them. You also have a stun, which only BM had, which being dead zoned didn't matter TOO much to them, as their pet was the main damage.
    wow talk about BS-hunters have to disengage's right?your telling me they cant use one as a distance tool?he look drop backwards x amount of yards and start dpsing again.

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    Whereas warriors are never crippled by being too far to melee but too close to charge.
    Doubt you have ever played against a good rogue in the past.
    Anyways not that I find the comparison fitting but yes they should just get rid of it - just make it not generate rage when you use it being only three yards away or something.

really wish they'd put hunter deadzone back in, as hunters really need to get toned down.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    really wish they'd put hunter deadzone back in, as hunters really need to get toned down.
    ...I hope to god you're kidding. Hunters are at a horrible place now. Especially in 5.4.