Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Cool New Heroes For Money

http://www.hearthpwn.com/news/50-hea...om-blizzard-hq

Possibility of cosmetic options for microtransactions.

cosmetic options. I really can't think of any other cosmetic options they could put for sale besides new heroes that do the same as old heroes, but with different art and voiceovers.

what else could it be? new boards? "platinum cards"? green fire mana?

if we really get more heroes through microtransactions, I'll definitely buy them. maybe not all of them (I probably won't be buying any orcs), but I'll pay any price to replace gul'dan and rexxar for cool characters like sylvanas and... I don't know, maybe kanrethad or archimonde.

actually I'd pay 100 bucks for archimonde
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    No idea what they could do cosmetically that they could sell that wouldn't take away from the logic of the game. New heroes is a nice idea in theory, but things like Rexxar's companion pets that he summons are VERY specific, and would be impossible to copy. I'm not so sure this is the direction they are looking in for cosmetic changes.

rexxar's special skill is steady shot. I don't understand how he could use steady shot since he just dual wields axes, but let's roll with it.

why shouldn't sylvanas be able to cast steady shot? why shouldn't any other hunter be able to cast steady shot?

but than, there's mishka, huffer and leokk. they are rexxar's pets, and summonable hunter-only minions.

but that doesn't mean rexxar has to be the only one that can summon them in hearthstone. I mean, isn't it weird how there are human and troll warrior-only cards even though the warrior hero is garrosh? can you imagine garrosh leading humans to battle? lol

also: gul'dan summoning lord jaraxxus? gul'dan never summoned jaraxxus.

even worse is to see malfurion summoning ragnaros, or thrall summoning deathwing lol

so, it's a card game, it isn't an RPG. it's fine if sylvanas can summon mishka, just like it's fine for rexxar to be shooting arrows. I see no reason why sylvanas couldn't be a microtransaction hunter hero. or why archimonde can't be a warlock hero, or varian a warrior hero, or hamuul a druid hero, or whatever. heroes are the only thing I could see as cosmetic optional microtransaction-worthy stuff for the store.

Deleted
    I'd be cool with new heroes.

As much as I like Gul'dan, I'd much rather have someone like Varimathras etc.

I can't think of any heroes who's hero ability is too unique to that character, so it should work out fine. I'd be surprised if board features were an option, since how does that work when dueling someone who doesn't have it / 2 different people with different DLC boards?

I'd expect either unique gold card animations or heroes, either I'd be fine with as long as they ARE cosmetic and it doesn't turn into P2W. Heroes could be a really fun avenue.

Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    I'd love to play as Tyrande or Velen or something. I would definitely be willing to pay for these if they aren't too expensive
    Tyrande Vs Malfurion!

"We're here for Kalimdor!"
    "Hush Tyrande..."

A slightly larger collection of female characters than two out of nine would be nice.

Deleted
    I would love to see Kael'thas or Aegwynn as alternative mage heroes. I like the idea of a spell-centred mage deck, but I don't want to play that obnoxious *****.

I NEED to be able to play a male dwarf of some kind. I have to.

Quote Originally Posted by ManjiSanji View Post
    they could have muradin as a warrior, or moira as a priest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ManjiSanji View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    they could have muradin as a warrior, or moira as a priest.
    You'll get a LOT of dwarf vibe from just the voice announcing everything that's going on. From the random comments I've seen that's allready more dwarf then some can handle.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    You'll get a LOT of dwarf vibe from just the voice announcing everything that's going on. From the random comments I've seen that's allready more dwarf then some can handle.
    the annoying announcer is annoying. I'd pay a macrotransaction to get a less annoying one.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    the annoying announcer is annoying. I'd pay a macrotransaction to get a less annoying one.
    I actually totally agree with this. I love dwarves, but I want to smack the announcer/narrator with a tankard of ale.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aww come on, have you heard him say "Whoa LEGENDARY"? I think he's got a perfect voice. Inviting and warm. It's just like in most games that commentary on actions you've performed a gazillion times gets old. I'm sure Blizzard will have an option to turn the different sound effects and music off.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Aww come on, have you heard him say "Whoa LEGENDARY"? I think he's got a perfect voice. Inviting and warm. It's just like in most games that commentary on actions you've performed a gazillion times gets old. I'm sure Blizzard will have an option to turn the different sound effects and music off.
    most ipad games only have "Music" and "Sound Effects" settings.

assuming hearthstone is like that, if I turn the dwarf off, I also lose the rest of the sounds besides BGM. that means no sexy succubus voice, no "EREDAAR LORD OF THE BURNING LEGION", no combat sounds, no nothing, just the music. I'll hope they let me turn the dwarf off and keep the rest, but I'm not optimistic.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd pay for a template based version of my character. Think of it just a Name, portrait and customizable spell graphics.

I'd do it for plenty of my characters, actually.

Perhaps different cosmetic visuals, along the lines of LoL?
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

I see no reason why we can't get iconic characters like Velen as heroes, all they have to do is make the velen card anduin while you're playing him. Same goes for rexxar, switch out his bear summon for something else with the same stats.

Deleted
    if we can get Arthas, I will definitly pay to get it

I would kill to play Broll Bearmantle as the Druid hero instead of Malfurion. I've hated him ever since he came back in Cata and screwed over his own people, but that's more of a lore discussion.

The Hearthstone team has said that they aren't planning additional heroes at this time though, so all we can do is hope that the game's success urges them to give us more options.

I wish there were more heroes to choose from like in the card version of the Warcraft TCG. As an alliance warlock player, I'd hate to be stuck as a horde warlock every time I want to play the same class that I play in game. It would also give more variance in hero powers as well which could add depth to the game. For example, a shadow priest hero could have something that deals damage as opposed to just healing allies or itself. A beastmaster could be focused on summoning pets while a marksman or survivalist could deal direct damage or trap opposing allies. In the end, I just think that the lack of hero cards is going to hurt the game's depth.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure we'll see new Heros in a timely fashion, keep in mind the game will be fresh out of the gates soon though, I wouldn't except tons from the get-go.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature