Deleted

Demonology optimising my dps

hello fellows,

i switched my offspec from destro to demono, here is my armory : http://eu.battle.net/wow/fr/characte...e/Sterr/simple i have all the trinket (normal version)

i'm (re) discovering the demonogy spec, watched video and stickies, but still a bit lost in fight
    i was not bad at affli or destro, using affdots and so (some good ranking sometime), not willing to discuss the fact that i switched spec.

here are my questions , lets take jinkroh hm (r25) and horridon hm as examples:

what should i do ? -> jinrohk hm

fight start, you do ur opener (which i macro'ed), then the 1st pool happen, what is better ? doom with a leishen proc outside the pool (before it spawned) or refresh doom without leishen proc inside the pool with the dmg buff ?

how are u dumping DF ? wait to be inside the pool then meta and spam toc? spam soulfire (with mc procs)? wait for a trinket proc to dump fury ? because if you wait you will have the debuff and move out the pool and perhaps a kiting to do

in transition, are ur spamming Sb or SF with mc procs?

do you ever use CW ? do you carrion swarm asap (CD shorten with haste) inside a pool or do you always wait for a lineup with DS ?

--> on horridon hm
    do you refresh doom even without a leishen proc when the boss has the debuff dmg ?
    do you multi dot everything ? if so don't you aggro everything ?
    are u meta'ing then aura-immo ? how do you keed high DF ?
    are u using the carrion swarm technique ? (no glyph multi doom to have an army)
    how do you manage the direhorn ? i used to play destro and FnB to push it back + macro'ed target/coe
    how do you use sould fire? (meta and non meta)

thx

First of all, it's most important to know that you don't use Doom primarily for its damage, you use it for the Imps it spawns. As such, a damage buff (such as from Jin'rokh pools) will not be as important as having 100% crit from UVLS. As fights are currently, a 100% crit Doom always takes precedence over an otherwise buffed Doom.

Chaos Wave is used rarely on bosses, the only uses I can remember are Ice Walls on Durumu in certain cases, and Ball Lightnings on Lei Shen. Outside of that, its fury cost is simply too high to use effectively, not to mention that you lose HoG uses in the process. Similarly, Carrion Swarm is only used for snap AoE, not in a normal rotation.

On Jin'rokh, I think it's not optimal to blow cooldowns at start. You want to spend the time before the first pool building a nice reserve of fury, then unload it inside the pool with your cooldowns. Spam SF as your MC procs allow (never cast it without MC), ideally lining up with other damage procs. If you have 2pc tier 15, make sure you use up as many MC procs as you can during DS as the reduced cost is quite good. ToC is spammed when you don't have MC procs, Corruption is getting low on duration, you want to wait for procs to use with SF, or if your fury is so low that you risk dropping out of Meta prematurely (i.e. before another HoG-weaving cycle is up).

You mentioned Carrion Swarm a few times, but from the way you use it I assume you mean Imp Swarm. You should always use the Imp Swarm glyph. Keep in mind that it does NOT disable Imp spawns from critical Doom ticks, it only delays the auto-spawns from Demonic Calling (i.e. the ones from Shadowbolt/Soulfire every X seconds). You will want to align your Imp Swarm usage with DS as much as you can, unless you know you can get a full use of IS in between DS uses due to stacking haste procs. There are WeakAura setups that can help you track this, check the forum it's there somewhere.

I would suggest you take some time and study the Demo sticky thread at the top of the forums. Read through the OP, and through the last 10 pages or so - this will answer many of your questions, and load you up with many different tips and tricks for playing Demo.

Deleted
    or watch the sparkuggz/evrelia video guides for demonology.

Deleted
    spent a lot of time watching those videos, and reading the thread (so as icy veins and others) but in situation i don't do anything good in term of dps compared of what i pull out in affli or destro (bad playing)

and yeah i meant imp swarm
    already set up WA for mc proc , trinkets etc

thx anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    First of all, it's most important to know that you don't use Doom primarily for its damage, you use it for the Imps it spawns. As such, a damage buff (such as from Jin'rokh pools) will not be as important as having 100% crit from UVLS. As fights are currently, a 100% crit Doom always takes precedence over an otherwise buffed Doom.

Chaos Wave is used rarely on bosses, the only uses I can remember are Ice Walls on Durumu in certain cases, and Ball Lightnings on Lei Shen. Outside of that, its fury cost is simply too high to use effectively, not to mention that you lose HoG uses in the process. Similarly, Carrion Swarm is only used for snap AoE, not in a normal rotation.

On Jin'rokh, I think it's not optimal to blow cooldowns at start. You want to spend the time before the first pool building a nice reserve of fury, then unload it inside the pool with your cooldowns. Spam SF as your MC procs allow (never cast it without MC), ideally lining up with other damage procs. If you have 2pc tier 15, make sure you use up as many MC procs as you can during DS as the reduced cost is quite good. ToC is spammed when you don't have MC procs, Corruption is getting low on duration, you want to wait for procs to use with SF, or if your fury is so low that you risk dropping out of Meta prematurely (i.e. before another HoG-weaving cycle is up).

You mentioned Carrion Swarm a few times, but from the way you use it I assume you mean Imp Swarm. You should always use the Imp Swarm glyph. Keep in mind that it does NOT disable Imp spawns from critical Doom ticks, it only delays the auto-spawns from Demonic Calling (i.e. the ones from Shadowbolt/Soulfire every X seconds). You will want to align your Imp Swarm usage with DS as much as you can, unless you know you can get a full use of IS in between DS uses due to stacking haste procs. There are WeakAura setups that can help you track this, check the forum it's there somewhere.

I would suggest you take some time and study the Demo sticky thread at the top of the forums. Read through the OP, and through the last 10 pages or so - this will answer many of your questions, and load you up with many different tips and tricks for playing Demo.
    As far as optimizing Jinrokh DPS, it really depends on your guilds' kill time. For instance, my guild consistently screws something up and ends up killing the boss in just under 3 minutes. So, as demo, I pop my cooldowns at the start of the fight, then have dark soul up for the second pool/execute. Gotta min/max your guild

Armory - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ronic/advanced
    Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/xyronic (Tues-Thurs 7:00 - 11:30 and 12:30 - 3:30 cst)

Deleted
    4.10mns
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...e/?s=494&e=744

my tonight wol as demono, /me cry even if i died, it was so low :-(

even worse, i tried on Council hm, on 1st try, was so bad that i played affli to have better dps :-(
    (tho i failed hard at affli in the kill)
    Last edited by mmoc60b912d8f2; 2013-07-04 at 11:30 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    You don't necessarily want to use a blow everything macro on the pull. Jinrokh for example, your guild is lusting in the 1st pool (and getting 3 total). I can't swear to this being optimal, but I'd probably try saving my opening Dark Soul until the lusted pool.

Demo's not optimal for Jinrokh anyways, because Imps don't get the pool buff and they're a large portion of Demo's dps. You'd definitely want to be building fury outside the pool and then maintain meta as much as possible during the pool, ideally having enough fury to dump some molten core procs when you've got a trinket/meta/darksoul up.

Horridon, I also do as Aff so I can't help you all that much there, but two things: When a boss gets a more-damage-taken debuff (like Horridon's), you don't need to refresh your dots, he'll just take more damage. You need to refresh dots based on your character's buffs (and like Biomega said, getting/refreshing crit dooms during UVLS procs >> anything else for Demo. Gotta get them imps.). I'd prioritize keeping a crit doom on Horridon and my Dino and then whatever has the most health of the trash that's up. Probably go Mannaroth's Fury and hope your hands of guldan/immo auras would reach him. You'd have to experiment or watch some videos to be sure though.

It's not mandatory, but for the optimal use of HoG, use first stack of hog, continue ur rotation for like 3-4 sek, cast second charge og hog, ensure that it lands before the first stack fades.. So you get two stacks, the thing here is that the damage from the HOG doesnt get calculated before it actually lands on the target, so you can swap into Meta before the second stack of HOG lands to buff its damage, the difference is not to big on single targets, but helps alot on multi... ++++